GherkinGOLD Member
Inventor
117 posts

Posted:
It's great isn't it? ubbrollsmile

I bought my first staff about 5 weeks ago. A concentrate one with the red grip, and went to the Hobart fire meet the night after with a few friends who spin. The feeling of burning off and spinning with fire for the first time was incredible. About a weeks after, I got some extra wick and turned it into a double wick staff with bigger fireballs! ubbangel My parents were doubting my sanity for a little while, so I went out and bought the stuff I needed and made two short staves, 1m each to try and learn some doubles stuff which is really fun, but mighty tiring for the arms and shoulders. About 10 days ago, a friend taught me how to do a 3 beat weave with poi. Poi seemed fun, so I ordered some purple fluffy poi from homeofpoi. When they came in the mail and I opened the package I laughed for about 10 mins. Those fluffy poi are just fuzzy and hilarious!.. ubblol So now I'm learning poi and a few people are claiming they hate me for learning too fast. Now that I have no money from buying myself plenty of toys, I plan on ordering some fire snakes and 2.5" monkey fists when I do have the money. I'm definately obsessed. It's great isn't it?

*Grins like a crazyman*

Did anyone else start off the same way I did? weavesmiley

linden rathenGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,942 posts

Posted:
obsession is the way to the future :P

i started poi bout 2 months ago and ive practised almost every day sinse :P just got my fire poi - cant wit to light up
started learning devil stick as well which im finding really hard but good fun all the same biggrin

back

GothFrogetteBRONZE Member
grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
i am just the same and its so much fun. and lets face it spinning or cleaning i know which i enjoy more biggrin

Life's too short to worry about where you put your marshmallows

gemitBRONZE Member
71 posts

Posted:
Yep, I'm defo addicted!! Bought 2 sets of practise poi within a week of eachother, fire poi the following and now have strobed glow poi and am waiting for some streetlight poi thingies from the US!!! Definately addddiiiiictttteeeeedd!!!...but it's a good thang! ubbrollsmile

Sleep when yer dead!

Ted, Ted, I forgaat to have me breakfast, d' ya tink I moight doie?!!

Badger, badger, badger, badger, badger, badger, badger, badger, mushroom, badger, badger, badger, badger, badger, badger, badger, badger, mushroom.....

.:star:.SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,785 posts

Posted:
hey, we're all addicts here!

JauntyJamesSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,533 posts

Posted:
ditto

everybody here is totally wacked about poi, i am, you are, he is, she is, we all love it! weavesmiley
EDITED_BY: sparkey! (1115238540)

-James

"How do you know if you're happy or sad without a mask? Or angry? Or ready for dessert?"

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
Some peeps dont do poi here wink

some do staff and other toys wink

We'd be worried if you werent addicted wink

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

GherkinGOLD Member
Inventor
117 posts

Posted:
I suppose it's all ok then! ubbloco

Adya MiriyanaGOLD Member
*slou?
6,554 posts

Posted:
oh yes, really quite acceptable!!

homework? what?

ohhhhh you mean i should go play with my poi!!!! ubblol

DoktorSkellSILVER Member
addict
475 posts

Posted:
Hey! Gherkin Mate!!
Thanks for letting me burn with your long staff the other night. Good fun dude.

Makes me want to kinda take up staff.

Anyway. You gotta let me try your snakes when you get them. even though they will scare the tripe out of me.

Fair luna bright, fair luna moon
it shines at night but fades too soon
fair luna moon, fair luna bright
forever we dance
we dance under starlight

GherkinGOLD Member
Inventor
117 posts

Posted:
Hey man!

You should take up staff. It's not a lot of money to buy/make one, and then you'll have more toys to burn!

I should be ordering the snakes and monkeyfists in a week or three, and I'll let you try the snakes for sure. I checked the weight of 2.5" monkeyfists vs. cube cathedrals, and the monkeys are only a few grams heavier, so I decided to go with them. weavesmiley