Forums > Videos > Tangly tricks I can't do (a video compilation)

Login/Join to Participate

ShawnFmember
162 posts

Posted:
Some may remember that [Old link] I put together a video of clips showing yo-yo players doing tricks that might be applicable to poi players.

Since the hyperloop buzzsaws and such are getting more interest lately and because a lot has evolved in yoing since then, here is another video along those lines. In the spirit of MCP, I grabbed footage from some other people and stuck it together. wink Because of that and general lack of time, no music or fancy editing. However, I did group the tricks loosely by different categories and from easy to hard. I also put numbers in the upper left corner for each trick, so we have an easy frame of reference if anyone wants to discuss one in particular.

25megs and about four and a half minutes long. Here it is (remember click first, THEN save as):
https://www.yoyoing.com/shawn/videofiles/spinning/TanglyStuff_May05_XviD.avi

All footage is from here (Japan Nats and West Japan clip videos) and here (2005 Japan Nats 2A division).

I may make another one focusing more on yo-yo style wraps later on, but it turned out there was enough footage just of hyperloop buzzsaw style tricks to fill up an entire video!

Enjoy,
Shawn

Cute Little Burning BallBRONZE Member
101 posts

Posted:
Insane!!! eek

Weekends don't count unless you spend them doing something completely pointless. - Calvin 'Calvin & Hobbes'

RonopotamusGOLD Member
addict
412 posts

Posted:
*bump*

Just in case some people haven't seen these yoyoers

Don't bolt your door with a boiled carrot...

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Good bump.
That edit is really good.
I have learnt that Japanese people are automatically good at Yo-Yo-ing when they are born. rolleyes

I particualy liked the short atomic hyperloop clip. smile

hug2 Nice one Shaun, cheers for that.

fNiGOLD Member
master of disaster
3,354 posts

Posted:
great bump, thanks muchly hug

kyrian: I've felt your finger connect with me many times
lou kitten: sneaky little meatball..
ezz: please corrupt me more

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
blimey charlie

ZeroGSILVER Member
Friendly Fire Fiddler
103 posts

Posted:
I am feeling dizzy, better go lay down ... and I thought hyperloops were tricky ...

EpsilonKiasNote to self... Fur + Fire = Hurt.
107 posts

Posted:
Bloody 2A yoyoers... Stealing the thunder from the rest of us in yoyoing as well as poi.

[J/K]

anyways...

www.yo-yo.org/yama@18

This guy has the 2005 world yoyo contest videos amogst some other things. Check out 2A for the poi influnced stuff. 5A aslo has some stuff that looks rather influnced by metors

Hell... Watch every one of them anyways. Amazing stuff =D

EDIT: Oh! I've not seen the Japan national 2005 2A stuff yet... Thanks for the vids. I'll watch them later!
EDITED_BY: EpsilonKias (1141668538)

jesusofsuburbiamember
27 posts

Posted:
holy crap i had no idea! i used to play around with yoyos a bit but i never thought that hyperloops and tangle tricks were possible with them thats incredible