Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Big old shindig in Cork with Music Fire and Madness

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
I would like to invite you all to a gathering in cork on the 20th to the 22nd of may. It will be in county cork in the open air and peace and quiet, so bring your tents smile (final location to be announced but if you can get yourself to cork city we'll manage from there).

There will be music dancing singing juggling spinning and of course, lots and lots of fire.

I'm also in the process of getting together some workshops. Would you like to add something? Let me know if you have any workshop ideas or if there is anything in particular you would like to see over the weekend.

Also, please feel free to bring along all the musicians you can find and in fact anyone at all that you think might enjoy a weekend camping in the country smile

Tentative list

Faberge
Firepoise
Fear-Tine
Ronopotomas
Flip
Colm
Severine
Florina
Jo
Pat
Amelie
Bret
Jaqui
Tainted
Diana
Ariel
Jake
Johnny

All going well we are going to have some big fancy cameras there and on top of that we'll even have people who know how to use em and whats more, edit them.

See you there smile

a

Love is the law.

Helen_of_PoiSILVER Member
lapsed spinner
412 posts

Posted:
Hmmm... umm

12 bucks you say...would also have to work out somewhere to camp in Cork for Sunday night, as i'm meant to be going to Kerry on Monday, and damned if i'm going back to Dublin in between, because i really don't like buses THAT much...but i'm sure i can arrange something rolleyes

Helen_of_Poi

EJC Ireland 2006 Organisational Team

taintedaddict
422 posts

Posted:
I hope we finish early on sat and get down.........

There are no stupid questions, only stupid answers...

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
You can stay with me sweety smile

Love is the law.

Helen_of_PoiSILVER Member
lapsed spinner
412 posts

Posted:
Thanks Ado-P:)

hug

hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug

Helen_of_Poi

EJC Ireland 2006 Organisational Team

RonopotamusGOLD Member
addict
412 posts

Posted:
Well the cottage is ready for the weekend, going to be a lovely little place to chill out in. was getting a bit worried about the weather so I've decided to build a circus tent* to spin in! It'd be terrible if we all got sunburnt lying on the grass, so a nice bit of shade will be in order smile
The elephants should be arriving on saturday morning so don't forget to bring some peanuts
Is there someone organising some kerosene?
Looking forward to weekendland!
Ronan

* I accept no liability if my circus tent turns out to be a bit of a shantytownshack...but it should be dry!

Don't bolt your door with a boiled carrot...

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
Oh my god... that's so marvellous Ronan... thanks for going to all the effort. hug

Looking forward to seeing you and plaguing you with 'ohhhh, how'd you do that?!'

I shall bring a couple of containers of fuel and some cadburys fingers... just for old times sake biggrin

Getting to the other side smile

FabergGOLD Member
veteran
1,459 posts

Posted:
mmm.... chocolate fingers ubbrollsmile

don't know if i'll be able to touch any chocolate though, still in a fairly delicate state after my recent bout of food poisoning frown

feeling better today though smile

circus tent eek wicked biggrin

wahey bounce

grouphug

My mind not only wanders, it sometimes leaves completely smile

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
bounce2

Love is the law.

FabergGOLD Member
veteran
1,459 posts

Posted:
bounce bounce2bounce bounce2bounce bounce2bounce bounce2bounce bounce2bounce bounce2bounce bounce2bounce bounce2bounce bounce2bounce bounce2bounce bounce2bounce bounce2bounce bounce2bounce bounce2bounce bounce2bounce bounce2bounce bounce2bounce bounce2bounce bounce2bounce bounce2bounce bounce2bounce bounce2bounce bounce2bounce bounce2bounce bounce2

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
Well folks

That was an incredible weekend.

Thankyou very much to all those that came along and joined in the fun.

hug

And a very special thankyou to Ronan for all the hospitality and the loverly, loverly..... eggs smile

hug2

Love is the law.

FabergGOLD Member
veteran
1,459 posts

Posted:
Written by: ado-p

And a very special thankyou to Ronan for all the hospitality and the loverly, loverly..... eggs smile

hug2

ditto

and your mum's deliciously yummy houmous ubblove

hug

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
Yes indeed, thanks Ronan hug

firebyrdSILVER Member
154 posts

Posted:
Cheers Ronan,
sorry we missed the eggs but we do like being the extravagantly late ones so it's our own fault!
Hope you got your bus in Cork ok, we drove around in circles for ages trying to find a parking spot for the english market and evenually gave up, we stopped off in Cashel for lunch though so we didn't starve worry not.
Lisa thanks for letting us chill at yours before the rest of the drive, we all made it in one piece, and we kept ourselves amused by paying for each other at the toll bridges, Firepoise you learn quickly!
It was great meeting you all, and next time I drag Colleen teh entire lenght of Ireland we'll try to stay longer / get there on time!
Declan ta for the tips, I've been practising already, I may have to make a visit to Dublin to torture you for more of the same!

Much love
d
bounce bounce2 bounce

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
meditate

biggrin

taintedaddict
422 posts

Posted:
I think Ive about recovered from my mad weekend....looking forward to Tara so I can get to meet more people (I dont think I will arrange any gigs for that week - dont think i can handle another one like last weekend) wave

RonopotamusGOLD Member
addict
412 posts

Posted:
Hello hello,
Nice one to everyone for making it down for the weekend. Wish i could have chilled out on sunday to meet a few of ye a bit better.
Hopefully see you all at galway juggling convention 10th june!
see ye later
ronan

RonopotamusGOLD Member
addict
412 posts

Posted:
Just been up the top cottage, big thank you to everyone who helped clean up the place while i abandoned ye hug
Theres all sorts of peoples stuff up there i think:
toolbox and drill
hacky sack (stefan?)
amelie's poi
random pieces of clothes
give me a shout if you lost anything?
see ye soon
Ronan

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
Written by: Ronopotamus

Just been up the top cottage, big thank you to everyone who helped clean up the place while i abandoned ye hug

Theres all sorts of peoples stuff up there i think:

toolbox and drill

give me a shout if you lost anything?

see ye soon

Ronan

That'd be me then smile

And a blue long sleeved t-shirty thing

Love is the law.

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
Lovely Firey Photo

smile

Love is the law.

firebyrdSILVER Member
154 posts

Posted:
nice, big hugs to all.....

Sorry Ronan, can't do the Galway convention I have a gig on the Saturday and I ain't doing a repeat drive through the night.... Firepoise and I drove in tandem back up home and everytime the lead swerved into oncoming traffic in exhaustion we swapped over. Hmmmm.....

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
smile But at least I avoided the lorry smile

taintedaddict
422 posts

Posted:
Me not doing Galway either frown Im taking some drumung workshops (I cant drum so this is gonna be fun fun fun) : ubbloco

Page: