FlamingOberonGOLD Member
ohm mani padme hum
134 posts

Posted:
Hey folks, I have a big ol' favor to ask.

SO, I know the plethora of fuels people use. My troupe uses straight white gas, lots use kerosene, and there are many, many others.

Well... here is the question... soon I will be going to Chennai, which is the capital city of Tamil andu, India, for about 4 and a half months. I whole heartedly plan on dancing while there. I am pretty sure that they dont have white gas there..... and I really have no idea what I am up against as far as finding a decent fuel goes.

Does anyone have any ideas or advice as to what I might expect when I get there? And any ideas as to how, once I am in India and speak neither Tamil or Telugu, can somehow convince folks that me lighting things on fire and spinning them around my body is a good idea, and get them to give me some flammable liquid that wont blow up in my face????/

Thanks......

boomer235SILVER Member
stranger
12 posts

Posted:
So I just did a quick google.

ubbidea chennaionline

Looks like there is a huge oil lamp culture in chennai. It would appear that fire is a big part of the cities history and culture... my guess is you will have no problem obtaining lamp oil.

BooM

EDIT: Looks like this crew of Missionaries spin fire while spreading the gospel.. they did so in Chennai you may contact them for advice... or not wink

https://www.ywamconnect.com/sites/gogirl/vdts

EDITED_BY: boomer235 (1115069426)

weavesmiley Spin cause ya' gotta!!

FlamingOberonGOLD Member
ohm mani padme hum
134 posts

Posted:
wow thanks a lot.... i kind of have just been thinking about it arbitrarily, so i never did any research into it, and i thought some folks here would have some advic...

im wondering if i am down with spinning fire for jesus though... or, even crazier, using fire to prosletyze for jesus... thats a bit strange...

boomer235SILVER Member
stranger
12 posts

Posted:
Yeah.. not sure how I feel about it. It does get attention so Im not surprised. However I think that you will have luck finding Lamp Oil there. Good luck and have a blast with those wacky pagans ubbangel
BooM

weavesmiley Spin cause ya' gotta!!

ShuBRONZE Member
Retro Fyre Wizzard
538 posts

Posted:
Hey thanx guys...

this will help the research we've been doing into fuels!

shotto!

Regards hug

Shu
(Ice-E FyreStorm - Group Manager & Performer)

You know those people your parentals warned you about?... I'M ONE OF THEM! ubbloco
Yes, i do bite!!