Galathalionmember
82 posts

Posted:
Greetings everyone! This is the introductions-thread so here i go! ^^ My name is Jenny and im new to this communtiy and im even pretty new to poi! I come from sweden and im 18 years old. The first time i saw pois for real was at my brothers home. I found them lying in a shelf and i wondered what it could be. So I asked my brother James and he tryed to swing them in his pretty small and crampt room. lol it didnt go so well as you can understand. And as they where swingpois with very long tails it didnt make it better.. ^^ Oh well.. i didnt dare to try them tho. but after a while i saw it more often and i got a new internest. The next time i visited my brother i had to try them out. And this time he had more space in his room ^^. I tried to do the wave? hehe yes, and i thought i did it right but somehow i didnt. But i didnt realise that. ^^ It was like a half wave. ^^ Some months later i was pretty over the poi thing. But then i met a boy at a LAN. He was a juggler and he had a pair of firepois! So I just had to try'em out. But ouch, firepois are very hard and the chains where not so pretty cosy. But i swung and i swung and he tried to show me how to do it right but it never worked for me. So i allmost gave it up. ^^ He tried to teach me juggle with clubs and balls instead but no way.. hehe i will never learn that. ^^ So after some more months later i just thought that i had to swing!! I was allmost going crazy beeing not able to swing cuz i didnt have any pois! so one day ( a couple of days ago ) i went to the local store and bought me two tennisballs and two strings and i made my first pois! and now i can still my firering passion. And the same day we and two others went to a castleruins and i started to swing. And it didnt work! Nothing worked, just the lame old trick i thought was the real wave.. And i was so pissed..

When i came home i coulndt resist myself from swinging so I stood in the kitchen and prepared my pois and my black cat Merlin just stared at me like "what tha heck are you doing?". So i started to sing a nice song and all of a sudden i started swinging like it was natural to me and all of a sudden i did they wave with no problem at all! It just came to me! I was blessed! And i was so happy i tried to do the corkscrew and holy [censored] it went all the way as well! So now i can swing like never before and im so happy! And every day i try to learn a new trick and to say it myself im pretty impressed! I stand in the kitchen with the Sally Oldfield-LP running hot with me singing like a fool, and just swing away ^^

Well, thats my story folks. Hope to hear from ya! Live well and prosper. *walks away, swinging pois and sings* Bing bing bitty bong bong... weavesmiley

”Maybe this world is another planet's hell.”
-Aldous Huxley

.:star:.SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,785 posts

Posted:
hellooo and welcome

JauntyJamesSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,533 posts

Posted:
y0! congratulations, because i anti-hate you!! heart heart heart

-James

"How do you know if you're happy or sad without a mask? Or angry? Or ready for dessert?"

Psycho_lemmingSILVER Member
Running hippy spinning lemming
15 posts

Posted:
wave hello! bounce

Fear leads to anger; anger leads to hate; hate leads to suffering...

BirdGOLD Member
now available in "advanced"
6,086 posts

Posted:
Hello and welcome to HoP!!

wave weavesmiley

My state of mind is not yours to define!

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

Galathalionmember
82 posts

Posted:
heya all! thanks for writing! really nice.

-Aldous Huxley

RyGOLD Member
Gromit's Humble Squire
4,496 posts

Posted:
Bing bing bitty bong bong to you too, Jenny! Thanks for a wonderfully interesting intro. Sometimes you'll find that if you've been practising something for a bit and you're not getting anywhere, all you really need is to sleep on it (not literally, but some people say that helps too), and the next morning it just clicks into place naturally. It's like your brain does the learning for you while you're sleeping.

Thing is plenty of people give it one shot and figure they can't do it, so they should do something else- without realising that if they tried it the next morning, they might already know how to do it..

Anyway.. good to see you still hanging in there biggrin

Galathalionmember
82 posts

Posted:
thanks for the tip!

today ive learned some more trix and it goes pretty well. giant and alternate butterfly.. ^^ those free lessons come pretty handy sometimes.. ^^ but man, my arms are killing me! ^^

-Aldous Huxley

misstinytinanewbie
22 posts

Posted:
hello another good way of making poi to practice with are a pair of knee high socks and 2 tennis balls there grate to practice with and dont hurt too much

Galathalionmember
82 posts

Posted:
if only i had some kneehigh socks.. *sigh* ^^

-Aldous Huxley

Boo_BunnyBRONZE Member
Sparkely arty Mormon rainbow fairy
933 posts

Posted:
wavehello and welcome to HOP!
hug hug hug hug hug
Thats a was really great story.
I hope you are haveing fun in this mystical poi filled land!

Property of Fine_Rabid_Dog

Galathalionmember
82 posts

Posted:
thanks Bo-bunny. nice bracelets you got there.. ^^

-Aldous Huxley