Hardynewbie
13 posts

Posted:
Hey I'm going to be living in melbourne in a few weeks and was wondering where the best places to find some new fire gear would be.

Even my multiple personalities hate me!
BLEEEAAAGGHHH!

StoneGOLD Member
Stream Entrant
2,829 posts

Posted:
juggleart

Check the Events Performances and Gatherings section for details on fire circles; Eddy gardens Wed, Frankston Wed night, Alexandra gardens Sun night.

cheers : )

If we as members of the human race practice meditation, we can transcend our fear, despair, and forgetfulness. Meditation is not an escape. It is the courage to look at reality with mindfulness and concentration. Thich Nhat Hanh

pineapple peteSILVER Member
water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
definetly juggleart, but, wick and some other stuff ends up being cheaper when u get it shipped from hop (eg.2inch wick)

stone: why havent i met u?

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

*proud owner of the very cute fire_spinning_angel, birgit and neon shaolin*

ataxiaSILVER Member
172 posts

Posted:
Hey Pete, you would have met Stone on a Wednesday sometime. I don't think he comes to Sunday's due to work.
I am his protege (i'm sure he'd disagree) Or at least for the first few months of my spinning career. Wealth of knowledge.

Geez, I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
stone is killah
fire shops are killah
there is also fire/day poi/staff sold ay happy high herbs on SMith St, Collingwood. They sell 'Firesol' branded fire fuel, but i have yet to try it cos i couldn't stop laughing.....

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
*runs to look up protege*

it came up with: charge, responsibility and dependent.

it doesnt make sence.

well ill have to come meet u one night on a wednesday.

also, on sundays under the swanston st bridge, there's a market, u cant miss it. the lady there sells juggling balls, diabolo, devil sticks, staffs, poi clubs and if u ask nicely and do a big cheesy grin she can put kool handles on ur homemade toys.

cheers, pete biggrin

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
Firesol is good. Stinkless. Just don't put it in water bottles or any other containers without clear labelling!!!

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

StoneGOLD Member
Stream Entrant
2,829 posts

Posted:
cheers guys smile

pete, we will have to catch up at Eddy gardens. I do cubs, and burn myself a lot wink

Hi ataxia, I hope you remember that statement when you’re rich and famous. How's the juggling? I'm still trying, and I'll get to a Sunday night meet, one day soonish. Trust me! biggrin

Matty sells devil sticks and poi at St Andrews market and Concentrate has a stand there as well.

Does anyone, and I’m thinking Bender, know the fire spinner who is selling leather gauntlets? So far the best I’ve come up with is the S&M bondage shop Brunswick St (left side, Alexandra Pde end). They have wide leather gauntlets for $45 each, which is a bit rich. They also sell welded link chain in small sizes, but I’m not sure about the strength, as well as whips and a whole lotta interesting leather stuff if you are looking for a new hobby ubbangel

Thanx for the info on Firesol newgabe. All I heard, was it comes from Qld and it was similar to Shelsol. Also wonders how much Firesol is per litre, and if Bender’s buys his wooden swords at happy high herbs wink

cu smile
EDITED_BY: Stone (1115043154)

If we as members of the human race practice meditation, we can transcend our fear, despair, and forgetfulness. Meditation is not an escape. It is the courage to look at reality with mindfulness and concentration. Thich Nhat Hanh

6,978 posts

Posted:
confest bec makes leather gear, sells em at st andrews and is a calm, beautiful twirler
is she who you seek?

StoneGOLD Member
Stream Entrant
2,829 posts

Posted:
tis true,

me thinks, me seeks, bec maker of leather gear smile

thankx

ataxiaSILVER Member
172 posts

Posted:
Definition of protege from dictionary.com:
One whose welfare, training, or career is promoted by an influential person.

Jo and Tyr got me some glow juggling balls a couple of weeks back, so i've been getting into juggling a bit more lately. Just joined a band which reherses on Wednesday nights, so I wont be able to make it to edinburgh indefinitely. (Not that I make it to Wednesdays anyway.)

Geez, I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
so how can i get hold of confest bec, for some leather arm thingys.

cheers, pete biggrin

6,978 posts

Posted:
the most times i sees her is weds edinburgh twirling.

if you're handy/frugal, you can make yer own, based on the designs you can score off the 'net, like this one

--> https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/benderbaby/Other/equipment-leather_glovies01.jpg

EDITED_BY: bender™ (1115276371)

water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
thanks

cheers, pete biggrin