Page:
Hubert_CumberdaleSILVER Member
[psylocibin fingerbobe].
479 posts

Posted:
It's the UKs biggest free one day festival and it's coming to a town near you

(Ok.. I lied... It's in Cambridge really)

Go on, it's free... you know you really want to!

Here's some BBC pics showing highlights of strawberries past:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/cambridgeshire/out_about/2003/06/strawberry_gallery/gallery1.shtml

Non-Https Image Link

Be warned: If you don't attend, I shall pluck out your eyebrows and pinch your nose

EDITED_BY: MarkMark (1147778529)

SymBRONZE Member
Geek-enviro-hippy priest
1,858 posts

Posted:
I have to say that article is very bad indeed!

It doesn’t provide links to the actual document or any other sources, but after a quick search I found the ACPO policies page [1] and about a page down I found the word document with the policy[2]. Here are some extracts that blow away the whole news story:

Written by: Charging for Police Services; A Guidance on

Special policing services are normally provided to an event - either singular (pop concert) or a series of events (policing football), and the principle has been established of achieving a full economic cost recovery of relevant costs. This should be applied - particularly for commercial events. However, in line with the concept of risk assessment for policing events within the community, Chief Constables should be able to abate charges for events in certain circumstances. A decision matrix approach has been developed to help determine different circumstances and at the same time give some discretion. Small-scale events can be policed without charge below a threshold level.

And

Written by: Charging for Police Services; A Guidance on

Events can also take place either sponsored by, or organised by, Local Authorities and non-commercial organisations. These often take place either on Local Authority land or on the highway. Similar principles have been identified, in line with the matrix approach identified above. Here, full economic cost may not be the most appropriate recovery basis and abatement can be used to address this issue.

So as you can see, they are proposing it for commercial events and the charge will be at the discretion of the Chief Constable. I doubt the something like the Strawberry Fair would be charged at all, and even if they do it could be in 3 years time when every other event will have to pay as well. If that is the case then finding bodies will expect to pay more for the police service anyway.

I think it’s just standard evening news hype.

[1] https://www.acpo.police.uk/policies.asp

[2] https://www.acpo.police.uk/asp/policies/Data/charging_meth_website_v1_publish_27x06x05.doc
(Word Document)

There's too many home fires burning and not enough trees

alien_oddityCarpal \'Tunnel
7,193 posts

Posted:
 Written by: jo_rhymes

sym, Lifeforland is Ed's band. their set will be in the green area at 2pm. Cheers ravehead smile

no problems jo biggrin what stly of music dose ed play because i've listened to some of the stuff in his myspace profile and it's odd stuff ubblol

clowncore etc, it's different wink

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
clowncore is great, they did a great set! smile

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

7,193 posts

Posted:
frown i missed it, mind you i did meet up with ed at the end of the night biggrin quality guy.

dose anyone know how that bloke is that flaked out near the east stage???? i heard he had a heart attack or something confused

Winged AvengerSILVER Member
The official Emma Peel wannabe
226 posts

Posted:
Well that was fun!

My sunburn is now only pale scorch! It was so fab to see some Birmingham spinners in this neck of the woods...

roll on poi in the punt!

"Always keep your bowler on in times of stress and watch out for diabolical masterminds" - Emma Peel

LazyAngelGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,895 posts

Posted:
*bump*
It's coming up to that time of year again...

Because ActiveAngel sounds like a feminine deodorant

Like sex, I'm much more interesting in real life than online.

'Be the change you want to see in the world around you' - Ghandi

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
would i be able to crash at someones house please? biggrin

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

Theo_SILVER Member
Dirty Hippie
347 posts

Posted:
strawberry fair!! wooo!! have to get up at like 7 tho to get there, goin down with my gf, n shes working a stall from 9am till 3am... guna be a fun day smile

for every minute angry, you loose 60 seconds of happiness

7,193 posts

Posted:
bounce i'm well up for this, think i'm gong with carroline and rin. i'll be handing out flyers for the haze during the day biggrin

party afterwards anyone???

226 posts

Posted:
Hey - just so you know Strawberry Fair in on Saturday 2nd June https://www.strawberry-fair.org.uk/

Camcircus will be taking part in the parade again which was lots of fun last year - I hope this year will be just as awesome! Yaaaay!

"Always keep your bowler on in times of stress and watch out for diabolical masterminds" - Emma Peel

7,193 posts

Posted:
------------------------------BUMP----------------------------

bouncenot long now bounce2

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
I was invioted to this but am already busy frown

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

7,193 posts

Posted:
i think fire is banned and there's not much space for a performance area what with all the stalls,tents etc. it's still a wicked day out and the cambridge communiy circus are pretty cool.

the reggae tent is always nice to chill out around and have smo...er....spin ubbangel wink

226 posts

Posted:
There are always lots of stalls and lovely people to spin with too - I can't wait for it!

rin_666SILVER Member
enthusiast
223 posts

Posted:
EEEE! I'm really excited so many new things I've never done this year

7,193 posts

Posted:
i love seeing peoples faces their first time at something like this biggrin

MotleyGOLD Member
addict
434 posts

Posted:
*Bump*

I'll be there!!

Karen are you coming? Yay! if you are

hug

226 posts

Posted:
Yaaaaaaay! I'm def coming - rain or shine!

7,193 posts

Posted:
bring your wellies!!!!!!

it's a touch moist under foot at the moment ubblol

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
i'm there smile xx

weather forecast looks good for saturday sunny

7,193 posts

Posted:
it dose indeedly jo, the festival gods are once again smiling down on us biggrin

YakumoSILVER Member
veteran
1,237 posts

Posted:
Failed to meet ravehead, again, doh, saw Pete the uberhypeloop guy again tho, wish he'd join HoP. Thanks LOADS to Andy and MattyB for driving Jo and me round, and giving us both places to crash, was really nice to see vampiricacid and sym again and meet Holly, Karen, Tom, CJ, Nel, Boz etc hug

roll on Play smile

Blinded by Hyperlights, please donate generously grin

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
had a wicked weekend sunny bounce

Thanks Mr Yakumo for all the love and the travellin fun.

Sym, as ever, a pleasure to be in your majestic company ubblove

and big love to everyone!!! ubblove hug sunny

pics up soon xx

rin_666SILVER Member
enthusiast
223 posts

Posted:
I had loads of fun but my hair parting is all sunburnt frown

Theo_SILVER Member
Dirty Hippie
347 posts

Posted:
i had a wicked time there, wish i'd met more people, me n bernie flame n rin were lookin for other spinners though. but alot of the time i was on the stall so couldn't. was awesome smile

for every minute angry, you loose 60 seconds of happiness

226 posts

Posted:
Thank you Yakumo for letting us all have a play with your Hyperlights - it was great to meet you too!

*hugs* to everyone we bumped into on the day - you are all fab!

LazyAngelGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,895 posts

Posted:
*bump* it's that time of year again!!

SF is on on saturday 6th June, I'll be in the kids area doing circus skills workshops if you feel like coming and saying hello smile

Because ActiveAngel sounds like a feminine deodorant

Like sex, I'm much more interesting in real life than online.

'Be the change you want to see in the world around you' - Ghandi

Page:

HOP Newsletter