Forums > Videos > btb combo in the gym

Login/Join to Participate

Ariadmember
66 posts

Posted:
I fillmed this yesterday in my xma team training, i got excited from the music.

It's an improvised "show" i just did what i wanted.

I do it fast because i dont care how it will look when im not preforming i do it for fun.

and the reverse 5bit btb i know they came out very wierd this time i dont know why :S

ftp://tricks:tricks@67.18.198.27/Team Naien/AriadPoi.avi

EDITED_BY: Ariad (1114626807)

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
Just a couple pointers...

When doing the BTB butterfly, try to work on standing up straight. The bent over posture makes your butterfly go a bit crooked.

Also, one of the reasons your weave came out wierd is cuz of the speed. Although it may be fun to spin fast, it doesnt often leave much room for control.

Let's turn those old bridges we crossed into ashes.
We'll blaze a new trail,
and torch the rough patches.

-Me

OrbitSILVER Member
enthusiast
270 posts

Posted:
definitely much harder to maintain the rhythm at that speed... My take on fast spinning is: the faster you spin, the less time you have to make a transition, and the more it hurts when you hit yourself.

SprocketGOLD Member
140 posts

Posted:
Because you go fast you seem to lose control and it seems the poi are spinning you instead of the other way. I know it's not for performance so it doesn't really matter...

Anyway, I liked the btb btf into btb weave.

Happy twirling weavesmiley

hm, pinecones, my favourits!

OrbitSILVER Member
enthusiast
270 posts

Posted:
Just for the record... I'm not trying to take a cheap shot at fast spinners... just suggesting that slowing down will help you get moves down better so that you can then speed it back up again if you want to later (ie if the music's faster).

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
ditto

Let's relight this forum ubblove

Ariadmember
66 posts

Posted:
Thanks for the tips and suggestions

standing stait with btf btb is a matter of flexebility, i can do it but it feels wierd and stressful, but from now i will do it btb standing strait to get used to it.
Until i had that video i didnt know how doing it btb looks, or any of my moves, its usefull to film some times :P

anyway usualy i spin fast because i like it more and i rarely perform in shows, so most of the time its only for fun, i got used to do them fast so i have control, the socks are pretty heavy but with strings and sticklights it looks better.

but what about the moves themselves, are they considered hard? i dont have much people to compare with, i never saw in israel people do reverse 5bit btb or reverse thread-the-needle btb, or kicking the poi btb to change directions, but i saw some of those in videos here.

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Are any moves 'hard'? You can either do them or not in my book smile It might take longer but if you can do two different moves well they're both as easy as each other meditate

For the spinning fast, what people are saying is learning to spin slowly will improve your fast spinning. You'll learn far more going slowly than you ever will by going quick and it'll improve your fast spinning lots and lots. Try doing your moves and transitions as slowly as you can for a day or two and then speed back up, you'll notice quite a difference believe me smile

Let's relight this forum ubblove

SprocketGOLD Member
140 posts

Posted:
You know what I've never seen anyone in Alice Springs do a buzzsaw so does that mean it's hard?

Just like Dunc wrote, you can do it or you can't. AND you try to learn it or not.

I can do a lot of moves because I want to learn new things all the time but there are very few people here that are as enthusiastic as I am. And I try hard not to become arrogant because although I consider myself a good spinner I never want to forget that it is all about fun and having a good time and sharing with people.

But just so you know, the btb stuff is not easy for beginners so consider yourself advanced. cool

hm, pinecones, my favourits!

shen shuiSILVER Member
no excuses. no apologies.
1,799 posts

Posted:
Written by: Dunc

Are any moves 'hard'? You can either do them or not in my book smile It might take longer but if you can do two different moves well they're both as easy as each other meditate

zen master dunc biggrin

Written by:

For the spinning fast, what people are saying is learning to spin slowly will improve your fast spinning.

taiji master dunc biggrin

hug

those that know, dont say. those that say, dont know.