NYC PyroSILVER Member
14 posts

Posted:
i was watching a discovery channel special, called xma or whatever and as unrealistic as some of the stuff was i was interested in this one thing where it was like this foot-long spike that was attached to this thing that goes on your finger and it spun around freely, and i got to thinking that this would make a great raving contraption, i forgot what the weapon was called but it looked really cool if anyone's seen it, that bald asian guy was explaining it

can someone please tell me what the weapon was called so i dont seem like a complete idiot?

oh btw, to help with the utterly ambiguous description: it was a thin spike where it was attached to the ring thingy in the center and it was pointed at both ends, so if you were to open up your palm and spin the metal spike it'd be like a windmill or something

i found out they were called emei piercers

picture is here https://www.superiormartialarts.com/cgi-b...p;affiliate=888

EDITED_BY: NYC Pyro (1114571744)

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Sounds like E'mei piercers.

NYC PyroSILVER Member
14 posts

Posted:
lol i thought the post went through i guess i forgot to press continue but ya i found out what they were called, but what does anyone else think? using something like 8" street light glowsticks and attaching them to rings

Konstilovable smart-ass
785 posts

Posted:
hehehe, i would not want to rave next to some bloke wielding these, unless aerotech makes em wink

"is optimism in austria just a lack of information?"
-Alfred Dorfer

NYC PyroSILVER Member
14 posts

Posted:
well i mean if they're made correctly does anyone think that it'd make a nice show? cuz a friend of mine and i are thinking of making some prototype ones

Konstilovable smart-ass
785 posts

Posted:
hmmmm id be interested in that, so u spin them around that ring you say?
cant really picture it and i couldnt find any vids.......

"is optimism in austria just a lack of information?"
-Alfred Dorfer

TreeTopzSILVER Member
12 posts

Posted:
*thinks long and hard* thats jus crazy enough to work. wen u get those prototypes up, chuck a video on the site

No Burning, No Learning

NYC PyroSILVER Member
14 posts

Posted:
hmm well maybe to help you visualize, these things will be spinning like helicopter blades parallel to the open palm, both clockwise and counter clockwise because you can stop the motion quickly and make it go the other way, and if you throw in some freehanding moves with that spinning i think it'd make for a nice effect

and well it'd take me a while cuz i want them to be safee and i dont want the things to break so i need to find durable material...but mostly i just need to get off my lazy butt and start making these lol

and can someone help me explain this for those of you that know what im talking about because this is really difficult for me ^^;;

LazyAngelGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,895 posts

Posted:
hmmm... i guess it'd be like using two really short staffs that were attached to the centre of your hand. Hence you would be able to spin really, really fast without dropping them at all. I'm guessing the the movement would come from the wrist. You could do all staff spinny moves probably (flowers and all that jazz) and some things like corkscrews. Interesting idea tho... take some practice to get the hang of, and I certainly would want anything too sharp due to the speed at which they should potentially spin.

Actually this has made me think a bit of one of the 'basket heads' in 'Big trouble in Little China' (a classic 80s film of the kung-fu/action/horror genre) does anyone else remember it?

Because ActiveAngel sounds like a feminine deodorant

Like sex, I'm much more interesting in real life than online.

'Be the change you want to see in the world around you' - Ghandi

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
[Old link]

smile

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

NYC PyroSILVER Member
14 posts

Posted:
dang it, i knew it was too good of an idea for it not to be taken yet

fluffy napalm fairyCarpal \'Tunnel
3,638 posts

Posted:
ubblol cole how do you know/remember everything? tongue

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
the only kind of rave i can imagine those at would be the opening sequence to Blade...

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
i went to a rave once and lost my conflakes.

by cornflakes i meant 'pants'

:cool breeze passes:

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
ubblol ubblol ubblol

and spank for bender cos its a party and he ain't got no pants tongue

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.