Forums > Help! > lowest temprature burn fuel.

Login/Join to Participate

RaRanaxnewbie
5 posts

Posted:
I was just wondering if there is anything that would have a lower burn temperature than white gas that you could soak a wooden ball in, light on fire and roll around your body.
I have done it with white gas, and it worked well, I am not burned but I do have slightly less chest and hand hair. I am a contact juggler so a low temperature is very important to anything I light on fire...

GherkinGOLD Member
Inventor
117 posts

Posted:
Kerosene has a lower burn temperature than white gas, but you'll end up smelling pretty bad. No matter what fuel you use, you'll lose your body hair. I'd stick with white gas if it worked fine.

CodySILVER Member
That guy from Reno
556 posts

Posted:
Nope, Kero is just as bad. Try Denatuerd Alcohol.

Cody Canon
Controlled Burn, Reno Nevada

RaRanaxnewbie
5 posts

Posted:
I do not really mind the burning off of body hair as long as it does not burn me when it goes.

The other problem is that wicks would not work on the ball... I really do not want it leaving trails of white gas on me, although it would look wonderful for body rolls it might hurt a bit.

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
1) Shave!
2) White gas will pretty much always leave flame trails behind on contact, its not a good fuel for contact juggling. Go with lamp oil or lighter fluid.

Let's turn those old bridges we crossed into ashes.
We'll blaze a new trail,
and torch the rough patches.

-Me

RaRanaxnewbie
5 posts

Posted:
To edit what I said, I have been using lighter fluid, not white gas. I used white gas last night and that basically took care of ICoN's number 1.

I like lighter fluid better, smaller flame and lasts longer. because of the very small amount of gas absorbed into the ball, we are not really having flame trails. A mix of the two seemed to work well because a small amount of white gas helped with lighting the ball. (the lighter fluid takes some time to fully cover the ball in flame.)