Forums > Social Discussion > Spikeing of drinks in clubs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
brodiemanold hand
1,024 posts

Posted:
Just a warning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! a member of our number had her drink spiked at a club!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So everyone male and female stay aware of your drinks never leave them un ocupied ever!!!
tips to take note of!!!

1)If you accept a drink from a stranger make sure the bartender hands it directly to you.

2)Never leave your drink and then go back to it, with out some one you know very well.

3)if a guy (or girl) that you dont know brings you over a drink that you did not ask for, so no!

4)If at any point you feel disorientated, or think its possable you have had your drink spiked, get incontact with the club straight away, they should look after you, and also tell the securety so they can be more vigilent.

5)Same goes with if your looking after someone who has had their drink spiked.

6) Cigerettes can also be spiked

7) Dont hesitate to call the police they are scum and deserve to be locked up

Im sure you all know this but just want it fresh in your mind so it does not happen again.

roarfireSILVER Member
comfortably numb
2,676 posts

Posted:
Drink spiking is such a horrible thing. I think it's good that you brought something like this up to remind us of the dangers of drink spiking. Thanks Brodie smile

.All things are beautiful if we take the time to look.

IcarusGOLD Member
165 posts

Posted:
Just wanted to add that just cause a bartender hands you the drink, doesn't mean its safe... friend had a drink spiked by the bartender... club didn't do a thing about it frown unfortunately it is a very hard thing to prove. All the more reason for avoiding the clubs for me. I can't deal with the 'meatmarket' mentality and would much rather invite people to my house.
And you can't twirl in bars wink

... simplify ...

Konstilovable smart-ass
785 posts

Posted:
we had a graduation trip to rhodos, and 2 girls got their drinks spiked. me and a mate found one lying on the ground in the middle of bar street, unable to move and disoriented. we found out that they got invited into some bar by some greek blokes and were given shots. they left their stuff behind the bar and both got their credit cards stolen. the one that we didnt find was taken care of by some other classmates. the owners of the bar denied everything.

bloody w*nkers
but the girls werent exactly smart leaving the herd, whilst being pissed already and going off with some dodgy greek blokes........

"is optimism in austria just a lack of information?"
-Alfred Dorfer

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
unfortunatly, like has been said, some bartenders are definatly in the line of spinking drinks even for other to pray on

one of their tricks is that later in the night when people change to water, they open bottles, and spike the caps, and thus the spike the screw, so when you put it to your lips to get spiked, but the water will normally test clear(er) that it the water was spiked

i hate poeple who spike drinks, i have had one of my drink spiked i think, as i dont drink, but used to i knwo the difference between spiked with drugs, or with booze.

i dont even think its fair for a mate to add alcohol to a coke or something you are drinking, its your choise what you drink, BE CAREFULL!

Step (el-nombrie)

VixenSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,276 posts

Posted:
Stuff like that is horrible and wrong!!! i know 2 people that have been spiked - and on both of these occasions it was for no reason! what on earth is the point in that! xxx

tHeReS gOoD aNd EvIl iN EaCh InDiViDuAl fIrE, iDeNtIfIeS nEeDs AnD fEeDs OuR dEsIrEs.

Sakura_MoonHop's Kitten Jester.
1,803 posts

Posted:
Always keep your hand over your drink, kiddies!!!!

.:Pink Exocutioner:.

I am Jack's Raging Bile Duct...

Loving you from the deepest part of my loins.

VixenSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,276 posts

Posted:
Is she ok? xxx

tHeReS gOoD aNd EvIl iN EaCh InDiViDuAl fIrE, iDeNtIfIeS nEeDs AnD fEeDs OuR dEsIrEs.

DragonFuryBRONZE Member
Draco Iracundia
784 posts

Posted:
I got spiked at a bar drinking coke and water.
It was the weirdest thing ever, it was kinda like i was drunk and stonned at the same time. It was a really weird feeling.

hope your friend is okay

Do we sleep when we die?

.:star:.SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,785 posts

Posted:
i got my drink spiked once, it was the scariest experience of my life. i was hallucinating and i thought i was going to die. At one point i thought i was looking down on my own dead body. The club where it happened didn't seem bothered and when i went in armed with DrinkSafe posters, they refused to put them up.

Some people are plain evil

I hope your friend is okay.

Dressed in BlackBRONZE Member
A Fire Inside
191 posts

Posted:
i had my drink spiked on xmas eve frown and i only live in a small town it was just my local pub. you can get these drink stopper things thats like a straw but it clicks in ur bottle and acts like a cap, so i guess thats one little way of reducing the risk.

::: I LiKe pLeAsUrE sPiKeD wItH pAiN - MuSiC iS mY aErOpLaNe :::

polytheneveteran
1,359 posts

Posted:
Bottles are easier than glasses for keeping an eye on, I put my thumb over the top when I'm not drinking from it. Ask for tap not bottled water so you can watch it be poured into a clean glass (I drink what I need at the time then discard the rest). None of these methods are foolproof, but at the end of the day you can only be as careful as it's possible to be, and make sure that you're with people you can trust if it all goes pear-shaped!

The optimist claims that we are living in the best of all possible worlds.
The pessimist fears this is true.

Always make time to play in the snow.

JauntyJamesSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,533 posts

Posted:
lightning's article on safe clubbing

-James

"How do you know if you're happy or sad without a mask? Or angry? Or ready for dessert?"

brodiemanold hand
1,024 posts

Posted:
nice guide smile

flamazinejourneyman
91 posts

Posted:
Some people in America deal with spikers by catching them and forcing them to drink the equivalent of 1000 hits of acid, I shouldn't think they'd be capable of spiking anyone for a while after that! (trouble is you need a lot of money to be able to dish out that kind of retribution!)

He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
just a few links that should help avoid your clubbing time and your head from being messed with...

Spiked Drink Detectors

Safeflo

For the australian clubbers

Drink spiking is truly dispicable... i hate it so much.. my best friends sister almost got date raped... fortunatley she was with responsible mates...

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
those there is what i was lookin for... couldnt find them tho... and it was right on my homepage too rolleyes

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

MedusaSILVER Member
veteran
1,433 posts

Posted:
I was in a club one night with a friend and had only ONE drink just one (and I must admit ashamedly that I can knowck back a fair few), I started to get dizzy and felt nauseous.

Told my friend to take me home where I commenced to throw up.

Don't really know if my drink was spiked but it seemed fairly suspicious that I could be that sick after only one drink.

I am always EXTRA EXTRA careful now with what I do with my drink...

Sakura_MoonHop's Kitten Jester.
1,803 posts

Posted:
I was making a choccy milkshake (to serve 3 people) and my friend comes along with a bottle of vodka and pours quitea bit in, right infront of me.
It was funny, and blatantly obvious...but good fun, we drank it anyway....

.:Pink Exocutioner:.

I am Jack's Raging Bile Duct...

Loving you from the deepest part of my loins.

ezzBRONZE Member
moo..
1,899 posts

Posted:
a guy grabbed my head and made me drink once i was already really drunk though and i dont think it was spiked i think they just really wanted me to be drunk well more drunk seein i was already leaning on a wall to keep myself up and i think half of it was spilling all over me because i really didnt want another drink anyway....off track a little there but it just made me remember that hmmm

hug me!

pricklyleafSILVER Member
with added berries
1,365 posts

Posted:
Its so awful what people will do-definately be very wary of bartenders! I also know people who have had their drinks spiked for no reason. I can't believe the club wouldn't let you put up posters star poi- thats awful, they should made to by law.

I don't go out drinking very often but will definatel be more carful.

A tip to solve the bottles of water being spiked in the cap is to ALWAYS check the seal, if its broken, ask for one that isn't. After working in a bar enviroment myself by the way, I have seen things like bottles of mineral water refilled with tap water, dregs from bottles of wine being poured together to make a new bottle etc. My point being that if the seal is broken, it might no nesarily be spiked, it might just be scammed instead!

either way, don't accept it!

Live like there is no tomorrow,
dance like nobody is watching
and hula hoop like wiggling will save the world.

“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson

cgonyerSILVER Member
2 posts

Posted:
you are exactly right about the meat market mentality. not only are most people in this scene immature but they are also immoral. plus you really spend a lot of money to have fun with a large percentage of people you dont know ,wont meet, and will never see again. what a waste. cool

Konstilovable smart-ass
785 posts

Posted:
Written by: cgonyer

you are exactly right about the meat market mentality. not only are most people in this scene immature but they are also immoral. plus you really spend a lot of money to have fun with a large percentage of people you dont know ,wont meet, and will never see again. what a waste. cool

(1) what scene?

(2) immoral? and promoting drug use at free parties is moral? if you go by that definition nothing is moral. are u moral?

(3) i saw the "meat market mentality" at punk shows, raves, posh clubs, free parties....and so on. and whats wrong with that as long as everybody is aware of whats going on?

(4) lets take opposite of a club, a free party. you will spend money on getting there and back, food, drink, maybe drugs, paraffin.... and you will "spend a lot of money to have fun with a large percentage of people you dont know ,wont meet, and will never see again"

just like to point that out.

oh yeah and about those bottle plugs....

ever thought that the spiky stuff might be in the straw?

just a thought
EDITED_BY: Konsti (1114545841)

"is optimism in austria just a lack of information?"
-Alfred Dorfer

mycoBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,084 posts

Posted:
whenever i see someone in a pub/club that loots pretty out of it, i think it's a good idea to check that they're ok and that they've got someone they trust with them, maybe they've just drank to much, or maybe they've had a drink spiked, either way, they're in a vulnerable situation...keep an eye out for others, and hopefully someone will keep an eye out for you smile

AlfredSILVER Member
Altyd Brandend
149 posts

Posted:
My gf got a spiked drink once.She was almost raped,but her ex bf at the time saved her...i shudder to think what could have happened.And another friend of mine's heart stopped twice after being spiked.She was having fits and friends had to pin her down.

I like the idea of forcing people to take the 1000 proof acid shots.That will teach them
W**kers!

Spinning makes my world go round

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
Dev kev and I had something slipped into our drinks here at a festival a couple of years ago... It was scary and I was really angry about it becasue I dont take any form of drugs, bar panadol, since the brain surgery.

I am so damn careful now because it was someone that we both really trusted that did it to us.
Luckily I had a mate that looked after me for the rest of the night, and kevvie twirled all night... hug

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

RovoGOLD Member
(the person actually known as Chris Bailey)
544 posts

Posted:
I had a friend who went out to a bar last summer to see some band. He drank enough to be intoxicated but before he slipped away from his friends and got in his car people said his eyes were completely glossed over and dialated.HE was not one to drive drunk either. He ended driving out of town the opposite way he would go to get to his house and flipped his car at 70 and was thrown from it. A farmer found him in his field 4 hours later. He broke his back and his neck (same spot as Christopher Reeves) punctured his lung damaged his kidney and liver. He was in a coma for a week. He's probably the luckiest person I've met because he is not paralyzed and is almost fully recovered. To get to the drink spiking part a week after the accident a big 250 pund biker lady came up to his father and told him she was at the bar the same night and only had 4 drinks and this is someone who can put down alot of beer. One of her drinks ended up getting spiked cause after that 4th beer she could barely walk and had to get driven home by her boyfriend. There was nothing they could do to the bar because my friend wasn't 21 and he had been drinking. Luckily he didn't die or become paralyzed for life.

Peace, Love, Circles

AlfredSILVER Member
Altyd Brandend
149 posts

Posted:
Wow,that is a pretty crazy story. Your friend is really really lucky. I think it was really nice of the Biker Lady to tell his father,it kinda made him look better.

Spinning makes my world go round

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:
drink spiking? free drugs! hoorah! ubbloco

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

Puresockaddict
406 posts

Posted:
Written by: Mr Majestik

drink spiking? free drugs! hoorah! ubbloco

Ooooh, you're gonna really upset people with that... smile
EDITED_BY: Puresock (1115118218)

"Take that, math!"

MiGGOLD Member
Self-Flagellation Expert
3,414 posts

Posted:
*hides in corner*

Yeah, i really dont think thats going to go down too well.

-----

I've quite often gone out to pubs/clubs/etc as the designated driver for the night. Partially from being a student, and not having enough money to get drunk, partially because i can have just as much fun sober, and partially because, while not being an introvert, i dont feel quite right drinking heaps in the presence of lots of people, especially of the female variety. Now, before you all look at me weird, there is a reason behind that. Mainly its so that i dont go flirting with people only to be joined by their big, angry boyfiend who's knuckles want to make friends with my teeth.

Anyway offtopic

Although drinkspiking is becoming more prevalent with non-alcoholic drinks, the major spike target drinks still tend to be alcoholic. and you're less likely to notice it if you're mostly drunk already, i guess. Anyway, you can keep yourself safe by keeping a bottle of water in the car, and going out to drink from that when thirsty, and not drinking stuff inside.

Worked for me, so far.

"beg beg grovel beg grovel"
"master"
--FSA

"There was an arse there, i couldn't help myself"
--Rougie

Page: