Forums > Help! > How do I get webspace for a site?

Login/Join to Participate

pricklyleafSILVER Member
with added berries
1,365 posts

Posted:
Hi

I was wondering how and where you get webspace from for a website. I'm on Aol and you only get one page which isn't really enough. Preferbly looking for free stuff. Also any tips for setting up would be good! rolleyes

Thanks!

Live like there is no tomorrow,
dance like nobody is watching
and hula hoop like wiggling will save the world.

“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson

SymBRONZE Member
Geek-enviro-hippy priest
1,858 posts

Posted:
I have a server that I'm willing to host sites on for free. It's a UNIX server, mail boxes, loads of bandwidth and space etc etc, PM me for more info.

biggrin

There's too many home fires burning and not enough trees

pricklyleafSILVER Member
with added berries
1,365 posts

Posted:
Thats, great, thank you! I warn you though it will probably take me a couple of months to get my stuff together, I'm very busy at college at the mo.

Thank you!

“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson

SymBRONZE Member
Geek-enviro-hippy priest
1,858 posts

Posted:
HaHa! no way! You just got that unicycle off me! I'm toyer90 on ebay! Sniping git! wink £1 more than I bid as well! ubblol

Anyway, yes, whenever, just let me know what account name and password you'd like and I'll send the info on to you. Pm away!

pricklyleafSILVER Member
with added berries
1,365 posts

Posted:
wow thats wiered! sorry! When I saw the bid history, I thought, wow that guys desparate to get the uni, and managed to bump up the price quite high! Was gonna wait for one of the next 2, but couldn't! Sorry! Hope you get the next one!

My top sneaky ebay tip, and I tell as few peop as possible this (although posting it on here probably defeats that!)- leave bidding till the very last minute-keeps the price low and reduces chance of anyone else getting it! ubblol SORRY!

Anyway, mine came really quickly (just 3 days) and is good enough for a beginner, have you seen the thread in other toys?

Ralph Waldo Emerson

SymBRONZE Member
Geek-enviro-hippy priest
1,858 posts

Posted:
I saw the other thread after I got one of the other ones, yes! It came quickly indeed and I've spent the bank holiday weekend learning. biggrin

I tend to snipe as well but I couln't on this one.

Anyway, just let me know about the hosting and any advice you need on making web sites etc etc