Page:
pricklyleafSILVER Member
with added berries
1,365 posts

Posted:
Hey there!

I'm now leaving Glasgow, so won't really know whats going on but if anyone wants this thread editing then pm me.

Your best bet is to go to the juggling club, which is most definately still up and running, every wednesday, 7.30 to 9.30. Although it is quiet now, it will pick up and get very busy when all the students get back from the summer.

Glasgow Juggling club information: the website here for directions and times (every Wednesday night).

Every Friday night there is a meet in kelvingrove park by the fountain. It starts about when it gets dark, I think at the moment it's happening around 9.30, but it'll get earlier as it gets into winter.

At the moment occasionally a few of us meet in kelvingrove park on sunny sunday afternoons, but this is quite rare now and very random.

Happy spinning!

[edit-08/09/06]

EDITED_BY: pricklyleaf (1157740214)

Live like there is no tomorrow,
dance like nobody is watching
and hula hoop like wiggling will save the world.

“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson

whyBRONZE Member
not _Y_
720 posts

Posted:
Written by: pricklyleaf

I think the Sunday spinning has pretty much died a death, a few jugglers may be about still though. Why not join us all at the juggling club instead though? theres a link to it at the top of this page in this thread.

already had a look at the link wink
Written by: 486

Or why not join us on The Meadows on Monday nights? ubblol

could be a plan ubblol

You see things; and you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say, "Why not?" George Bernard Shaw

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
hey everyone, just wondering if anyones goin to [Old link]

jen

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

pricklyleafSILVER Member
with added berries
1,365 posts

Posted:
Ok, I'm back in Glasgow, and went to the park with a few juggly people, so it is still happening, just not on a very large scale, and probably not very often now winter is on its way.

“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Gav486SILVER Member
You have 23 seconds to comply!
122 posts

Posted:
Welcome back! smile

See you Wednesday, I guess...

biggrin

You cannot trust this boy! His mind has been corrupted by colours, sounds and shapes.

whyBRONZE Member
not _Y_
720 posts

Posted:

Welcome back! smile

See you Wednesday, I guess...

biggrin

see me on Wed too eek

play nice ubbangel

You see things; and you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say, "Why not?" George Bernard Shaw

pricklyleafSILVER Member
with added berries
1,365 posts

Posted:
I will see you then Gav, and meet you why too!

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Gav486SILVER Member
122 posts

Posted:
It was nice meeting you, why; and nice to see Holly again too.

Welcome, and welcome back!

biggrin

Gav

You cannot trust this boy! His mind has been corrupted by colours, sounds and shapes.

whyBRONZE Member
not _Y_
720 posts

Posted:

It was nice meeting you, why; and nice to see Holly again too.

Welcome, and welcome back!

biggrin

Gav

Nice seeing you guys too :o)

We should keep up the Sunday spinning (dragging as many from the club as possible)... Though I can see this place is a wee bit damper than Ed. However, saying that I am prolly going to be through to Ed for the next few weekends to try and sort out Samhuinn things.

liquidtrancei dream in circles...
336 posts

Posted:
hey i'm a new member of the site,name's gaz.i live in the west end by glasgow uni and took up poi a couple of months ago,only trouble is the poi i'v been using are an old set i got from a friend and they're falling apart,just wondering if there's any shops in the weig that i can pick up a set of any kind?
i know i can get some off the net but i want them NOW!!!!!

even chuck norris can't pin you down if your on fire

Gav486SILVER Member
122 posts

Posted:
The shop you want is "The Big Top" at charing cross.

KupschSILVER Member
163 posts

Posted:
hey gaz liquidtrance, how do you not just make your own with a pair of socks from the pound shop on union street and some hackeysacks for the time being. you going to come doon the juggling club tonight. 486 where have u been mo-fo? not seen u in ages!

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
so when are you slackers coming over then? Next week is the last Juggling!

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

whyBRONZE Member
not _Y_
720 posts

Posted:
Written by: mcp

next week as in not yesterday next week?

May be able to make it... have my last exam that day and have Thurs off
Should be through for this Sat though

Assuing you count me these days ubbloco

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
Written by: why

next week as in not yesterday next week?

May be able to make it... have my last exam that day and have Thurs off
Should be through for this Sat though

Assuing you count me these days ubbloco

yeah like the week of the 14th. LAST ONE!

Nah you don't count. But if you come over, I'll teach ya more doubles!

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

KupschSILVER Member
163 posts

Posted:

word,

as in next thursday is last tepooka? if its thursday i might rammy over to your hood for this.

ZauberdachSometimes sword wofter
199 posts

Posted:
word?

IMPORTANT: Any views or opinions are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of a sane person.

"just get the f**k on with it and make me the anti-christ already!"

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
word!

Dude!

Yeah probly be the last, meybe, meybe not.

whyBRONZE Member
not _Y_
720 posts

Posted:

yeah like the week of the 14th. LAST ONE!

Nah you don't count. But if you come over, I'll teach ya more doubles!

Awh will have to try and make it then biggrin

Purely to help with your teaching skills, you understand ubblol

KupschSILVER Member
163 posts

Posted:
ok the hopefully come through for the thursday one, meybe, meybe not.

quite excited about the prospect, never been!!

Sporkyaddict
663 posts

Posted:
Is there anything happening over Christmas and New Year? I'm currnetly trapped in St Andrews (there are a million Americans keeping me here, its almost as bad as guantanamo) and can only get back for a few days.

Have faith in what you can do and respect for what you can't

pricklyleafSILVER Member
with added berries
1,365 posts

Posted:
Its the Glasgow juggling christmas party on Wednesday - open until 12, food and drink provided. Just so you know! My last one for a couple of weeks as I will be in Yorkshire over xmas.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

whyBRONZE Member
not _Y_
720 posts

Posted:
Written by: pricklyleaf

Its the Glasgow juggling christmas party on Wednesday - open until 12, food and drink provided. Just so you know! My last one for a couple of weeks as I will be in Yorkshire over xmas.

Eek!

Already somewhat sorted for heading through to Ed...
Boo

Will be in Londo' for Xmas meself... heading down a week today smile

KupschSILVER Member
163 posts

Posted:
y'al going to the juggling club tonight?

pricklyleafSILVER Member
with added berries
1,365 posts

Posted:
yep, I'll be there, you thinking of coming? smile

Ralph Waldo Emerson

DuckKarmaGOLD Member
99 posts

Posted:
Hi, I used to use this site until the evil Time Monster gobbled up my days and nights. Am now getting back into spinning and looking for other people. Are people still meeting up in Kelvingrove Park on Sundays? Or are there any other meets in Glasgow at the moment apart from the juggling club? Thanks, Alex.

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." - Groucho Marx

whyBRONZE Member
not _Y_
720 posts

Posted:
 Written by: DuckKarma

Are people still meeting up in Kelvingrove Park on Sundays? Or are there any other meets in Glasgow at the moment apart from the juggling club? Thanks, Alex.

'Tis now A 'Grove Fire Friday meet, in (Cunningly) Kelvingrove Pk. Usually meeting vaguely fountain region at 21.30 on a Friday... But has a few keen drummers, so tend to migrate in towards the river, so as not to annoy the residents... but when in the park you should be able to hear the drums.

Not sure if I'll be there this week myself (exams, etc...) But hope to see you in future...

Also, prolly see me on the wed club

EveishGOLD Member
*Tickles pretty strangers*
610 posts

Posted:
Is there still a glasgow meet??

What if I should fall right through the centre of the Earth and come out the other side where people walk upside-down?!

whyBRONZE Member
not _Y_
720 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Eveish

Is there still a glasgow meet??

Yes, but seems to be more on a Friday... see above post... there's also the juggling club on a Wednesday

EveishGOLD Member
*Tickles pretty strangers*
610 posts

Posted:
Ooh thanks, I will there on a friday...
Is there anyone in Glasgow that would have a place for me to crash for one night in July? I will performing at the Loch Lomond folk festival so I will be passing through. it would be great to stay somewhere and swap tricks biggrin
PM me pretty please if you have a floor or a garden for a tent even!
*hugs!*

What if I should fall right through the centre of the Earth and come out the other side where people walk upside-down?!

Gav486SILVER Member
122 posts

Posted:
I know it's unlikely to happen tonight, what with the weather and all, but is the Friday night meet in Kelvingrove still happening?

Page: