Page:
pricklyleafSILVER Member
with added berries
1,365 posts

Posted:
Hey there!

I'm now leaving Glasgow, so won't really know whats going on but if anyone wants this thread editing then pm me.

Your best bet is to go to the juggling club, which is most definately still up and running, every wednesday, 7.30 to 9.30. Although it is quiet now, it will pick up and get very busy when all the students get back from the summer.

Glasgow Juggling club information: the website here for directions and times (every Wednesday night).

Every Friday night there is a meet in kelvingrove park by the fountain. It starts about when it gets dark, I think at the moment it's happening around 9.30, but it'll get earlier as it gets into winter.

At the moment occasionally a few of us meet in kelvingrove park on sunny sunday afternoons, but this is quite rare now and very random.

Happy spinning!

[edit-08/09/06]

EDITED_BY: pricklyleaf (1157740214)

Live like there is no tomorrow,
dance like nobody is watching
and hula hoop like wiggling will save the world.

“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson

pricklyleafSILVER Member
with added berries
1,365 posts

Posted:
Ok- they've taken the tiger away now so we're meeting we're it use to be, if you don't know thats by the big fountain in the centre of the park.

“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
wotcha...

hopefully us lazy edinburgh-ites might make it through and come join ya.....

R smile

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

Gav486SILVER Member
You have 23 seconds to comply!
122 posts

Posted:
Yeah, I noticed that the tiger had gone.

We are now meeting by the patch of bare earth near the fountain...

Thankfully the new people that showed up this week knew where it was biggrin

You cannot trust this boy! His mind has been corrupted by colours, sounds and shapes.

KookSILVER Member
19 posts

Posted:
Just dropping in here - finally got over the 'lurker' phase and looking to find out if you guys are still spinning on Sunday's?

PricklyLeaf was kind enough to point me in the direction of the Glasgow Juggling Club for a midweek meet too. I'm hoping to get along next week and wondering if any of you go.

Hope to catch up with some of you soon!

smile

Gav486SILVER Member
122 posts

Posted:
Yep. Pricklyleaf and I are regulars at Glasgow Juggling Club, and we're still spinning (and juggling and whatever) on Sundays in the park when it's not raining.

There's a street party on Byres Road this Sunday though, so we might be there instead. Dunno yet.

Hope you catch up with us soon!

biggrin

You cannot trust this boy! His mind has been corrupted by colours, sounds and shapes.

KookSILVER Member
19 posts

Posted:
I heard that the West End festival was on on Sunday, was thinking of dragging the family down to that anyway so if you're spinning in the park, I'll keep an eye out.

re the Juggling Club, can you just turn up or do you have to pre-arrange it with the guy running it? I've tried emailing but got bounced back. I'm aiming to get along next week, I'm dying to learn some new tricks!

Gav486SILVER Member
122 posts

Posted:
Well, it looks like we'll be hanging about on Byres Road on Sunday; most likely juggling and/or spinning, so keep an eye out, like you said.

You can just turn up at the juggling club unannounced. First night is free, even!

See you there. smile

KookSILVER Member
19 posts

Posted:
Nice one Gav - if I'm about on Sunday then I'll watch out for the spinners, otherwise I'll be rocking up to the Juggling Club on Wed. to claim my free night wink

Thanks again.

pricklyleafSILVER Member
with added berries
1,365 posts

Posted:
Hey! yep, we're definately going to the festival now in the west end, most of us spin socks (but I spin purple and blue tails) so if you see us say hi, (you can spot Gav easily, he's the one doing the airwraps!) Hopefuly see you there!

Ralph Waldo Emerson

KookSILVER Member
19 posts

Posted:
Cheers PL - I'm def going to get down if I can, apparently the festival is a great day out anyway and it looks like the sun is going to shine!!

I will have a couple of mini-poisters with me too, however... you reckon Gav can teach them how to airwarp??

biggrin

pricklyleafSILVER Member
with added berries
1,365 posts

Posted:
well, he managed to teach me, and if you can teach me you can teach anyone!

Ralph Waldo Emerson

KookSILVER Member
19 posts

Posted:
How was the festival? Did it stay dry for you?

I never made it to the West End due to a rather late session on the Saturday night - but plans are to come along and check out the Juggling Club this Wed, so hopefully I'll finally get a chance to meet a couple of Glasgow spinners.

biggrin

Gav486SILVER Member
122 posts

Posted:
No. It did not stay dry. frown

In fact; it rained qute heavily, which seems to be the norm for Sundays in Glasgow, so you didn't miss much. smile

See you Wednesday, then.

biggrin

KookSILVER Member
19 posts

Posted:
Cheers Gav (is it still Gav?) - see you Wed.

smile

Gav486SILVER Member
122 posts

Posted:
It is still Gav. I'm being all minimalist this week. wink

KookSILVER Member
19 posts

Posted:
mysterious... 'the artist formally known as Gav'

see you tomorrow, 486

Cheers
118 118

biggrin

KookSILVER Member
19 posts

Posted:
Gav - best of luck at Glasto (you leave tomorrow night, right?) - you lucky bar steward.

Holly - are you going too, or is it Uberpoi & Falmouth that you are going along to?

Good luck & enjoy!! biggrin

pricklyleafSILVER Member
with added berries
1,365 posts

Posted:
No I'm off to Uberpoi and Falmouth (and Leeds carling). Don't have tickets unfortunately. But have a good time Gav!

Kook-hope you enjoyed your time at the juggling club- are you going to start going?

Ralph Waldo Emerson

KookSILVER Member
19 posts

Posted:
I had a great time at the club, so I'm definitely going to try to become a regular. I'll be along this Wednesday, so hopefully i'll see you there! biggrin

I thought George was quite funny the other night, however, he seems quite disgusted that his juggling club is being over-run with poisters!!

See you Wed!

Gav486SILVER Member
122 posts

Posted:
Right; I'm just about packed and ready to go...

Thanks to you both for the well wishes. I'll be sure and have some extra fun on your behalfs biggrin.

Glad you had a good time at the club, Alex. First, Glasgow Juggling Club, then the world! Assimmilate! Assimmilate! Hahaha! (I'll get my coat...)

Aaand I suppose that I should mention that Holly is away back down to Yorkshire for a bit, so neither of us will be there tomorrow; or in the park this Sunday. Just in case anyone was expecting to see us.

biggrin

Gav

KookSILVER Member
19 posts

Posted:
Cheers Gav - but I think that Andy & I will be the poi representatives tomorrow - much to George's disgust.

Have a messy one!!

biggrin biggrin

pricklyleafSILVER Member
with added berries
1,365 posts

Posted:
(i think you mean Graham! (not sure I've spelt that right!)-he runs the juggling club)

I shall see you all in July.

(hear Glastonbury's a bit wet ubblol )

Ralph Waldo Emerson

KookSILVER Member
19 posts

Posted:
oops - yep - I meant Graham.

Glasto a BIT wet? There will be some fantastic stories from the survivors though. biggrin

invisibleandynewbie
9 posts

Posted:
Hope you survived the floods Gav!!

See you all tomorrow at the club??

Andy

KookSILVER Member
19 posts

Posted:
no sign of Gav yet - maybe he's still paddling across the river on his airbed? biggrin

See you tomorrow.

Gav486SILVER Member
122 posts

Posted:
I survived.

Still recovering. Reality has not quite been restored yet.

Hope to see you tomorrow.

smile

Gav.

Gav486SILVER Member
122 posts

Posted:
*Bump*

Just to say that Sunday spinning in the park is still happening, and I intend to be there tomorrow.

Same place: Kelvingrove park, beside the fountain, from about 1pm.

biggrin

Gav.

KookSILVER Member
19 posts

Posted:
What was the turn out like?

I'm def up for getting along to one of these, but I keep forgetting its on!!

Gav486SILVER Member
122 posts

Posted:
Six, this week; but one of them doesn't do poi, so I'm not sure if he counts. confused

invisibleandynewbie
9 posts

Posted:
hey Alex..

Just a reminder to bring your old socks!! I never made to the shining beacon of poundland..

See you guys tonight!

Andy
EDITED_BY: invisibleandy (1120670644)

Page: