AlfredSILVER Member
Altyd Brandend
149 posts

Posted:
I saw a video on a japanese site and the guy had a toy that i have not seen yet.And i want one or i wanna make one.
The illusion that it creates is a floating ball of fire that levetates between his hands.
(hand)----wire/chain?--(wick)--wire/chain?-----(hand)

does anybody know what it is called and or how to make it?

Spinning makes my world go round

JauntyJamesSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,533 posts

Posted:
mabey you could link to the site? it might help a wee bit with identification.

just a thought wink

-James

"How do you know if you're happy or sad without a mask? Or angry? Or ready for dessert?"

AlfredSILVER Member
Altyd Brandend
149 posts

Posted:
https://hourouekaki.sub.jp/HOMURAMAI/mainframe.htm
the first video

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
Hello there.

I can't see the vid, but I think I might have what you're looking for.

If you watch the Falmouth 3 video, about halfway through Durbs plays with something that looks like fire which is dancing between his hands?

You can also use that toy to put the two flames together and have a 'ball of flame' in between your hands.

Anyways, if that's what it is, it's really simple to make.

Take a strip of electrician's tape (flat, bendy metal strip, coated in a tough plastic with holes in the middle).
Bend it round the main part of your hand so that it fits without sliding or moving.

Then take a piece of stiff wire (about coat hanger thickness, maybe a bit thiner - but not too thin...) and twist one end through a hole in the strip... if you put it on, it should look like the stiff wire is sticking out from the palm of your hand. The wire should be between 15 and 18 cms from the palm.

You will need to secure the stiff wire to the metal strip to stop it falling over - if you have access to welding equipment, use that... otherwise, secure it with tough gaffa tape.

Take a small piece of kevlar and wrap it a centimetre or two below the top of the stiff wire. Secure the kevlar with very thin wire (like chicken wire?!). Then fold the remaining stiff wire back down onto the kevlar for added security.

Dont be too enthusiastic about the amount of kevlar you use... if you use too much, the flame will be too big and hot and will burn your hands (you will then have to take the whole thing apart and redo it).

There's only a few centimetres of wick on my firehands and they burn nicely, and a friend gave me kevlar gloves - which are highly recommended!!

Repeat the whole process for your other hand and you have a set of firehands biggrin

Now, I'm not great with them, I just tend to wave them about - but if you're someone like Durbs who can move in a funky way, you can make them look really pretty.

Let me know how you get on (and if this is what you were talking about).
Good luck

Take care
Clare xxx

PS: Other things to do with them:
I haven't done it yet, but I imagine you could attach the stiff wire to both sides of the tape - so you would have four flames.
Also, if you put them on the other way around, it makes double staff look amazing (three points of fire on each side) and looks good with poi too.

Getting to the other side smile

LazyAngelGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,895 posts

Posted:
having seen the vid I don't think it's what firepoise describes/uses (although her firehands are cooler IMHO)
I'd guess steel wire stretched between the hands with wick attached in the centre, which gives the illusion of an isolated ball of flame between the two hands. But with firepoise' firehands you can do all that and more. If you check in my gallery for the falmouth 3 taster vid you can see her using them. I think it's better to be able to seperate the hands out really.

Because ActiveAngel sounds like a feminine deodorant

Like sex, I'm much more interesting in real life than online.

'Be the change you want to see in the world around you' - Ghandi

AlfredSILVER Member
Altyd Brandend
149 posts

Posted:
Thank you very much.Ill have to draw a picture of firepoise description,but ill check out the vids and make myself a fun new toy!

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
biggrin

sweet

Danka Mr Angel

Getting to the other side smile

IfritBRONZE Member
The GF of HoP
492 posts

Posted:
theres a hell of alot of videos on that site, thanks for the link smile

fire leads to creation

JauntyJamesSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,533 posts

Posted:
those look like *fun* toys! great site, the link is apreciated

-James

"How do you know if you're happy or sad without a mask? Or angry? Or ready for dessert?"

Sam JelfsBRONZE Member
26 posts

Posted:
it sounds to me like a Fire Orb... easiest way to make them... make a tube style poi, but extend the tube to both sides of the wick... attach chains and poi handles to both ends of the tube... you now have what is essentially a poi with a chain on each end....

ill see if i can grab a photo of my mates one at some point... they are much fun to play with i must say....