Page: ......
strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
Ok so after have the chance to get up to Uberstaff and meet all the loverly Irish folk that went, ive decided that they are all so nice that they should be visited very soon.

If not only to steal more staff trix wink

So far they have kindly offerd places to stay, but are not sure on numbers but we are all grown ups and ive started this here so we can be a little organised.

Im thinking the weekend of the 17th June we fly over and come back on the Monday , then we can have much harcore spinnage on sat and sunday along with much tea drinking and doobie making smile

Call it a tribute to Uberstaff cool

So what i would like to know is who in ireland can make it to Dublin that weekend, and who in the Uk wants to come with me biggrin

So far the list of the UK attacking team is:

Frodo

2bags

Strugz

Dunc (in spirit)

Birgit

MCP

Skully

Vixen

Nate

So any other takers? flying from gatwick return will be max £40 if we book in next few weeks! smile the earlier we can decide the cheaper it will be!

Let the dissciussion begin weavesmiley

bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
frown

but

bounce

videos commingsoon

oh wait strugz is making it, it could take months

frown

Step (el-nombrie)

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
OK so the name is back to how it was - so hopefully will stop confusing people....

What an awesome time . . . Thanks soooo much to everyone for being soooo nice . . . .

Lisa/Clare - for the organisation and planning and generally being great... hug hope to see you both soon hug

Cameron/Simon - for being top Irish blokes leading us around dublins best parks and providing endless entertainment. Glad to hear you are coming to Flamouth Hurray !!

Declan - cheers for the floor space and use of shower, hope you showed the baton spinners a thing or two.

Nate/Aidan/Helen for the staff tuition i know have much to practice.....

And big thanks to Diane - for an awesome back massage, but I am pretty sure I let everyone know how good it was .... hug

Well back tot he real world for now .... Thanx to everyone for such a top weekend and I can't wait to see you all soon...

Laters

grouphug
EDITED_BY: Matty B (1119346699)

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
Written by: mech

frown

but

bounce

videos commingsoon

oh wait strugz is making it, it could take months

frown

ubblol

not if you hassle nate for me - get him to send footage!

Infact - if anyone who has footage that they wouldnt mind donating, i will gladley put it into the vid of things i got....

same for pictures as i think there are a few id love to use, hels, fluff anyone else who was going snap happy!

Let me know biggrin

cool

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

Dr_MollyPooh-Bah
2,354 posts

Posted:
biggrin

home safe and clean...

Thank you so much for organising this weekend Lisa and Claire,
and thank you for meeting me at the airport doop and Skully,
and, of course, for thinking of it al lin the first place Strugz - well done that man hug

It was lovely to meet you all grouphug

Uberpoi next bounce

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
Written by: strugz

same for pictures as i think there are a few id love to use, hels, fluff anyone else who was going snap happy!

strugz, whats all this stealing my idea about putting pics in vids, thats soooooooooo 2004!

Step (el-nombrie)

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
Go watch ireland 1 m8, its hardley stealing your idea ubbloco

Fear-TineSILVER Member
enthusiast
227 posts

Posted:
I would also like to thank an extremly friendly and important member of the whole invasion. Moley you rock dude. make sure and give him a big hug and a worm for me molly cheers. hug

Grow old but never grow up

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
ditto

how could we forget smile

hug

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
Ok well I just managed to get home safe and well. I'm a bit smelly a bit sheep pooh covered and a lot smiley! bounce

Thank- you to everyone that was there for making it so much fun.

I have a few special thanks to add

Matty thank you for the overnight stays in Cardiff. Thank your house mates too for putting me up. hug

Beccie thanks for the lifts to and from the airport hug

Dec thanks for a comfy sofa and the best showers (yes I'll remember about the 7 next time ubblol ) Thanks your flat mates too for putting up with so many slightly stinky very sleep spinners. hug p.s. are you sure you don't want to be no.5 sleeper?

Strugz thank you for thinking of invading and getting us all to join in. P.S. I think your bag and my rucksack got upto something at the weekend as my rucksack now has a squeak like your bag. hug

Fabergé thank you for all the organising and sorting. You did a fantabulous job! hug

Claire thank you just for being you! hug

Molly thank you for teaching me to hoop. All the bruises were worth it. Molly Mole will soon have all she needs to join the happy band of pirate faeries hug

Jonny UCoF you are a gem that shines very brightly hug Thank you for making me smile so much. hug

Cameron and Simon I still want to replace my TV with you 2. Half an hour of you two is worth the TV licence fee alone! Cameron I'm still not sure that your road crossing skills are all that safe ubblol Thanks for leading us about Dublin. Glad to hear you are coming over to Falmouth.

this list is getting a bit too long and I need a bath and some sleep so I'll just say to the rest of you.....yes that does mean all of you....thank you all so much for making it a fantabulous weekend! It was great to meet you all.

Roll on the Invasion of Wales.......... I'd better go and do a bit of looking about and see where you can invade. Do you want mountains with water falls or beaches with cliffs?

grouphug

sunny sunny biggrin sunny sunny

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

molly molenewbie
13 posts

Posted:
wave

Non-Https Image Link

Dr_MollyPooh-Bah
2,354 posts

Posted:
Written by: Fear-Tine

I would also like to thank an extremly friendly and important member of the whole invasion. Moley you rock dude. make sure and give him a big hug and a worm for me molly cheers. hug

you sweet boy smile

the mole would give you a (warm and friendly) slap though for forgetting she was a girl though... after she explained it with the worm and the charades and everything!

Fear-TineSILVER Member
enthusiast
227 posts

Posted:
Many apologies. redface redface
Doesnt change the fact that she still rocks!! ubblol

Grow old but never grow up

Helz BellzSILVER Member
lovin' it...
2,444 posts

Posted:
Written by: Skulduggery

Cameron and Simon I still want to replace my TV with you 2. Half an hour of you two is worth the TV licence fee alone! Cameron I'm still not sure that your road crossing skills are all that safe ubblol Thanks for leading us about Dublin. Glad to hear you are coming over to Falmouth.

ubblol ditto ubblol

I reckon mountains and waterfalls would be a GREAT welsh invasion biggrin

Yeah to falmouth being only a few weeks away.

biggrin ubbrollsmile biggrin

Live well, love much, laugh often...

Official O.B.E.S.E. cheerleader

doctor_fandangoGOLD Member
co-director of A.C.B.I.S.H.A.
761 posts
Location: in the corner beside the filing cabinets, 2nd floo...

Posted:
what a fantastic weekend, the burning, the spinning , the jaw dropping beauty of the moves, the hills, the rain, the flashy lightning, those cheeky little turns, the slugs in the salad, ME in the salad.

the best spin ive ever had in my life was out there, thanks to evryone for making it all possible
^_^

There's no place like 127.0.0.1, There's no place like 127.0.0.1, There's no place like 127.0.0.1,

"in most of our friends we're the hippies. but we have hippie friends of our own.. its like a dog having its own pet" - H. Sinoquet 19-03-2005

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
Does anyone know the name (yes I know I forgot a name again. bad bad Skully!) of the very beautiful lady with dark black/brown hair who wore a turquoise top. I walked up the road with her to the Cafe one day. I was wondering if she was a HoPper. She was singing on the Saturday night...... any clues anyone?

Helz BellzSILVER Member
lovin' it...
2,444 posts

Posted:
I think that was Sinead?

biggrin

Live well, love much, laugh often...

Official O.B.E.S.E. cheerleader

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
?sp? sinead ?sp?

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
Thanks Hels/Matty. Is she a HoPper?

P.S. It was lovely to meet you Hels. Sorry we didn't get to chat more. See you at Falmouth!

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
I don't think Sinead is a HoPper, but Lisa will be back from Tara tomorrow (yep, she's still there!) and I'm sure she'll let you know.

Thank you all for coming and making the trip splendid hug

Getting to the other side smile

MrConfusedBRONZE Member
addict
529 posts

Posted:
The only thing I didn't love about the weekend was the sunburn. On my scalp frown. Though I guess I really shouldn't complain that it was hot and sunny in Ireland biggrin.

Some seriously nice spinning from the irish lot (especially Ronopotamus), don't think I've picked up quite so much in a long long time!

Massive thanks to all that came, especially Strugz/Lisa/Claire for instigating and organising this adventure and Helen for providing a bed and shower! grouphug

That may have been my last random poi trip for the next couple of years, glad it was such a great one!

James

If you're not confused, you're not thinking about things hard enough.

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
Last trip?!!! eek

Surely not!

Was lovely to meet you James and great to watch you spin - try to get along to uberpoi!!!

MrConfusedBRONZE Member
addict
529 posts

Posted:
Oh, and 2bags - I have your 2 bags ubbtickled!

If there are any soton spinny meets you're going to be at in the next couple of weeks (can't do sunday this week) or if you would rather have them sooner, let me know.

If you're not confused, you're not thinking about things hard enough.

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
Cheers James, ill see him later and tell him biggrin

Hes probably out beeing realy really busy working in the sun.........

oh sorry did i say working... i meant juggling ubblol

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
Hey hold on just a second Mr Strugz.

'Winner of Shithead'?!!

When?!!

tongue

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
Claire if you are missing a peter storm cream and grey coat it was my fault I picked it up thinking it was Mattys and stuffed it in our bag. It wasn't until we go to Decs and started repacking bags that Matt asked me who's it was and I realised I had taken someone elses. Dec still has it and he thinks its yours. Sorry about that hun...... I'm such a spamhead when I'm tired ubblol

Helen_of_PoiSILVER Member
lapsed spinner
412 posts

Posted:
Am very tired...

just got back from Tara - again - at 6am this morning. Lisa, Amelie and Aidan are still there...full marks for commitment!

Am trying to work out if i can possibly afford Uberpoi, and/or Falmouth, and i don't think it's going to happen frown

Hopefully i'll see you all soon though hug

Helen_of_Poi

EJC Ireland 2006 Organisational Team

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
Written by: Firepoise

Hey hold on just a second Mr Strugz.

'Winner of Shithead'?!!

When?!!

tongue

whenever your ready lil lady ubbloco

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
Bring it on Strugz... tongue

And Skully, yep, that is my coat, I'll get it from Dec another time... thanks for looking after it biggrin

Helen... that's dedication!! Solstice will be great tonight, but I'd be too shattered for any more partying. And never worry, I don't have money for anything these days. Literally. However, I think Uberpoi and Falmouth would be marvellous reasons to get horribly into debt.

Le sigh. Well sure, it's only this summer and I can work over the winter to pay it off.

And it's most definitely time I learnt some new moves biggrin biggrin biggrin

=Flashpoint=SILVER Member
Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
Strugz + Firepoise...

I hereby challenge you both to a game of Shithead or 20 at Falmouth... If youre going...

ohmygodlaserbeamspewpewpew!
ubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmile

garthySILVER Member
old hand
717 posts

Posted:
Wicked weekend. biggrin bounce

Big thanks to Lisa, Claire and Camran for the organisation and floor space hug

Declan for airport meeting and floor space- hug

Hels Bels - for being so kind to me at that wonderful card game Sh*thead mad wink

Claire for some woderful transport and general wonderfulness (An a nice hat)

Ronanpotomus - for making my jaw drop with that beautiful poi stuff you do. biggrin

UCOF for showing 2 bags that Juggling thing I was on about but couldn't do but now can. 2 bags was impressed ubblol biggrin

Ros for the suntan cream without wich I would be even redder.

And everyone else for being there. grouphug

I'll sort out the photos when I get back from Glastonbury.

"**grumble*spuriouswindmills*grumble**" - Coleman
"if poi was only for girls there wouldnt be many good poi spinners...." - Nx

Page: ......