• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 100.00 credit to your HoP account.

Page: 12
assburger182

Total posts: 12
Posted:Yo, the suns come out to play and i don't know any Poi'ers in leeds. assburger182@hotmail.com

You tell me that silence is nearer to peace than poems? But, for my gift I brought you silence, for I know silence, you would say "this is another poem." And you would hand it back to me.

Delete Topic

Nucleopoi
BRONZE Member since Nov 2004

Nucleopoi

chemical attraction

Total posts: 1097
Posted:there isnt many people in our area...im having the same problem as you.
are you coming to hull today for that spin i told you about?
starting at about 4-5 and will end about 10ish.

Delete

assburger182

Posted:sorry, won't be able to get down to Hull till beginning of next month. It's not that bad, i know you and you know me smile sunday's meant to be nice, if i'm not working fancy a spin in hyde park?

You tell me that silence is nearer to peace than poems? But, for my gift I brought you silence, for I know silence, you would say "this is another poem." And you would hand it back to me.

Delete

Nucleopoi
BRONZE Member since Nov 2004

Nucleopoi

chemical attraction

Total posts: 1097
Posted:iv got an exam on tuesday so i will say no to that.

is ripon or hull closer to you if any?

i go back to ripon on the 5th may so if thats easier we could meet up somewhere in between the 2.

tongue

Delete

rohan
SILVER Member since Apr 2005

rohan

Total posts: 7
Posted:Heya, I'm from LEEDS!!
If you want there's a good gig this sunday (Chumbawamba vs. Rob Newman) @ www.thecommonplace.org.uk
It's 5 in adv. though frown
I recomomend going down to the common place though

telegram to civil society:
THE GRAYS HOPE TO WIN.
RAINBOW NEEDED URGENTLY
- Subcommandante Marcos, of the EZLN
Zapatista National Liberation Army

Delete

matty390
GOLD Member since Aug 2005

Total posts: 71
Posted:hey im frm wakey sorta near leeds but looking to meet some spinners in the area hasent anyone started reg meets in leeds yet!"!

Delete

thelost
SILVER Member since Aug 2005

thelost

mmm...i feel all warm and fuzzy... 'no dude, that's your hair on fire'

Total posts: 355
Posted:Try waiting till people start going back to Leeds uni, you might find a few more spinners around then.

It's better to burn out than to fade away

Delete

lexie101

Total posts: 1
Posted:i just moved to leeds so ill be about from now on, dont do poi so much but lots of other stuff, staff, devilstick...

Delete

Pedro
SILVER Member since Jun 2004

stranger

Total posts: 3
Posted:Hey all, moved to leeds recently and up for getting back into poi/staff after a goodly break.
Live in Bramley right next to the park. Anyone interested in meeting up for a play, let me know at:
pete.hull@gmail.com

Take care,
Pete

Delete

*Pink Lora*
SILVER Member since Jul 2005

*Pink Lora*

Total posts: 8
Posted:Hey, am from Scarborough, some mates just started a street performing thing at hull uni scarb campus, we burn things down south bay beach most weekends and many weekdays aswell smile feel free to join us with whatever, poi, staff, diablo etc. need any info about meets in Scarb text or call, 07743719979, next one is this weekend, not sure how many are turning up yet though, both boys and girls of all ages are welcome smile

Delete

animatEd
BRONZE Member since Aug 2004

animatEd

1 + 1 = 3

Total posts: 3540
Posted:Hello!! wave

I'm in Hull. I'm president of the Juggling Society at the Hull Campus. We should arrange doing something together (by we, I mean Hull campus and Scarborough Campus) that involves spinning and/or burning.

I've also been asked to come up to your christmas do and try to drum up enough people to start a juggling society up there... but we'll see.

Anyway, Feel free to come down this way anytime, And I'll try to get my ass to Scarby.

biggrin

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

Delete

*Pink Lora*
SILVER Member since Jul 2005

*Pink Lora*

Total posts: 8
Posted:helloo..... smile
I'm not actually at the Uni, I just live in Scarb but alot of my mates are up at Uni, they're the ones who are sorting out this street performing thing, i think a few juggle but dont really have that much variation, just me and a couple of others who poi (but not very well) and some mates from York staff and stuff but they're in York!...They're trying to come to the beach at the weekend though so if anyones interested let us know n we'll let you know! smile

Delete

viccihamilton

Total posts: 1
Posted:hey im from leeds and want to learn some new moves, im fairly new to poi. any meetings coming up or does anyone want to meet and give me and a friend a couple of lessons

Delete

matty390

Posted:well theres leeds juggling fest coming up on the 19th nov i think that should be a good show but im in leeds every weekend sat n sun so anyone wanna meet up ill come see thee
matt

Delete

the looney bean

Total posts: 45
Posted:do you need tickets or do you just show up ? i might come what time does it start / finish ?

those who are possessed by nothing possess everything

Delete

matty390

Posted:heywave
just show up around 10 am thts when the workshops start, theres a show at 7 it should be around 7 or 8 quid i think
no fire though coz of health n safety but some ppl may go to the park after for fire.ubbrollsmile
matt

Delete

Eccles
GOLD Member since Jul 2005

Eccles

enthusiast

Total posts: 251
Posted:HI,
is there any poi workshop in Leed Juggling convention?
and how far is the park from the convention, i do fancy some fire spinning afterward.

eccles

Delete

SeanfromLeeds
BRONZE Member since Nov 2005

stranger

Posted:Hi, I'm helping to organise the Leeds convention.

A few answers on that to the questions above.
price
6 all day (including the show) or if you just come for the show 4.50

Spinning Workshops
Al - poi trickswap
Bill - contact staff trickswap (Bill is also appearing in the show)
Kat from Bradford - Poi 'moving on from the basics' moves and bringing motion to your spinning.
Others on the day if they are offered, If you have a workshop you want to give put your name down on the workshop sheet at the reg desk.

other workshops
1,2&3 diabolo (Vux from Diabology/mad French Posse, 2cups, DaveP),
5 Ball, 7 ball, clubpassing, contact trickswap, possibly devilstick, Physio for juggly types.

The place, Leeds University sports centre, 1 huge hall, 1 sprung floor room with own PA (bring your tunes) for spinning workshops. 1 quiet workshop room.

Food, Green action, cheap and wholeshome vegan food, free doughnuts, takeaways nearby.

The park is very close to the university (2 mins), the fire session has to be unrelated to us (nod nod, wink wink). Also of interest for afters, a bunch will be going to the infamous Wendyhouse http://www.thewendyhouse.org/
which I believe is spinner friendly. Aspire is holding a big Squat party that weekend for those who like the very alternative scene.

More info can be found on the leeds convention website www.juggler.net/leeds and forum http://www.lemony.co.uk/juggling/forum/
br>
Thanks for your time, I hope to see you there (especially Eccles, great performance in Durham)

Sean

Delete

Posted:im from leeds too....

Delete

klodeo
BRONZE Member since Sep 2005

klodeo

Total posts: 24
Posted:hello! im in leeds at mo mate, loads and loads of fire spinning stuff going on all the time. try the leeds uni circus society (every monday at 7 til 9 at the refectory) or the fire circle (this is a goodin) at hyde park every tuesday from 7 til 9.

even if you win the race, you're still a rat...

Delete

_Clare_
BRONZE Member since Oct 2002

_Clare_

Still wiggling

Total posts: 5967
Posted:Hi there everyone,

Not sure if this is the best place for this (I'll post in Help too)... but I was wondering if any of you could give me some advice.

A friend of mine has to move to York in a couple of weeks.
He doesn't really want to go, but is doing a good thing and going anyways (long story).

He's not a spinner, but he is an artist - and has done lots of work constructing sets and props for street carnivals and parades.

He doesn't know anyone at all in York and it would be great if he could meet someone there - someone to introduce him to the alternative scene in the area or just someone to talk to!!

Please let me know if you can help.
He's a lovely guy, 30, with a fabulous smile biggrin

Take care, and thanks
Clare xx

Getting to the other side smile

Delete

Geeza
GOLD Member since May 2006

Geeza

addict

Total posts: 694
Posted:im from leeds to and starting to learn poi. it best get sunny again, im sick of smashing my lamp shade frown

Delete

Geeza

Geeza

addict

Posted:bump!

will anyone be in hyde park tonight -16th May 7pm-9? and shall i just bring sock poi as i dont have fire (and dont want) im new to it all

Delete

CalvinKlown

CalvinKlown

Eunathist

Total posts: 280
Posted:If the weather is OK I'm going to do some fire staff tonight in Hyde Park. (Probably even if it's wet.) Is there going to be anyone else there? Maybe some chaps from Leeds Uni Juggling soc? PM me before 5:30.

Never lie down with someone who has more problems than you.

Delete

CalvinKlown

CalvinKlown

Eunathist

Posted:Bump. I'll be swinging my bits in the wind again tonight, if anyone fancies joining me. Should be a good night for it.

Delete

CalvinKlown

CalvinKlown

Eunathist

Posted:Tuesday dusk until dark,
You'll find them spinning in hyde park,
Lots of guys who like a laugh,
Lots of poi & lots of staff.

Delete

Geeza

Geeza

addict

Posted:im tempted to go down tonight (wednesday 7th) with my poi and have a session. should i take the tails or glow if i do go, and where abouts will people be?
(near mbx park etc) I had a good session yesterday for a few hours on becketts park

Delete

CalvinKlown

CalvinKlown

Eunathist

Posted:You might find some people there tonight, but it seems tuesday is the fire circle night. I should be there next week. People seem to turn up 8 or 9 ish, but some were there from 7. (I guess it's a near dark thing.)

They were near the basketball courts, but closer to the middle of the park. Next to a big hedge. If that helps.

EDITED_BY: ArthurBrown (1149697492)

Delete

Geeza

Geeza

addict

Posted:^ yup. I think i know where you mean. Yesterday I went to burley park and had a spin then went home had food and stayed outside for a while. I must have had no idea of the time because before i knew it, it was 11pm!

Delete

CalvinKlown

CalvinKlown

Eunathist

Posted:Anyone playing out tonight?

Delete

Geeza

Geeza

addict

Posted:i will be, but it comes second to england v sweden. where about in leeds are you arthur? im in headingley and i know theres at least one person on my road that spins because ive seen him with devil sticks

Delete

Page: 12