spiralxveteran
1,376 posts

Posted:
Or at least that's what I reckon they are smile

Start spinning same direction, wallplane, left arm straight - the basic starting move is a simple 2-beat hyperloop where you go from rear->front wall plane underneath the left arm. Then isolate the tangle for a half circle and turn your right hand so it points behind you which should make the tangle lead back under your arm and untangle smoothly.

You can keep this going for longer by doing a similar thing on each side as well, haven't managed to get that to work yet more than once though...

Next step is to get this going backwards as well as forwards and on both sides. And then using inside wall planes wink

"Moo," said the happy cow.

RicheeBRONZE Member
HOP librarian
1,841 posts

Posted:
I think the beginning of the new year made it all :]. Gotta try...

POI THEO(R)IST

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
No... the next step is to put it on Video so I can work out what the bageebus you are on about ubblol

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

spiralxveteran
1,376 posts

Posted:
If I had a video camera there's plenty I'd put on video... *sigh*

Mr ChutneySILVER Member
Tosser
1,712 posts

Posted:
I can bring mine to Spitz for you Mr x

smile

RevBRONZE Member
Bastard Newbie Messiah
1,269 posts

Posted:
I thought you had a cam spiral.. was that tmep.. like mine?

I'm trying to follow your description.. I think I know what you are talking about.. I talked about these a long time ago here and on spherc.. you can do it wallplaned in the front from the inisde to the oustside and from outside to inside..

do you switch which hand is furthest out?

do you mind trying to give me a better description.. I know crappy drawings are hard to make for stuff like this..

More useless information courtesy of Rev...
Confusing the masses, one post at a time...
"Obviously, you're not a golfer.."- The Dude
"Buy the ticket... Take the ride..." -Raoul Duke
"FEMA has never done catastrophe planning..."-Michael Brown

hexagonicClubbles Jugs
1,687 posts

Posted:
i can't really follow your description well enough, but i saw you doing some really *nice* weavesmileymove on tuesday.

Was ubblove to look at

ah wah wah wah a wah wah

spiralxveteran
1,376 posts

Posted:
Rev - I borrowed one, but it turned out that I couldn't get the stuff onto the computer as the guy I borrowed it from had given me the wrong bits.

Anyway, a better description perhaps.

1) Start spinning split-time wall plane anti-clockwise left arm pointing straight out, right hand under left armpit, both poi rear wall plane. Hands are pointing backwards.

2) Tangle in rear wall plane, bring right hand underneath left arm so it ends up in front. As the tangle moves, your hands switch from pointing backwards to forwards.

3) Isolate your right arm anti-clockwise (from your perspective) so that it goes over your left arm and ends up behind your left shoulder. The key here is that as your hand goes over the arm you keep your hands pointing forward so the tangle always stays in the front wall plane - it should now pop open there.

That's about it I think...
EDITED_BY: spiralx (1114097859)

Mr ChutneySILVER Member
Tosser
1,712 posts

Posted:
offtopic
Hexagonic- have I met you? I go to Spitz most weeks and yet I can't put a (screen)name to a face- do you know who I am?)

end of offtopic

ahem- sorry bout that smile

spiralxveteran
1,376 posts

Posted:
He's tall and was doing some bounce juggling in the corner this week...

RevBRONZE Member
Bastard Newbie Messiah
1,269 posts

Posted:
is it anything like either part of this?

for instance start with clockwise wallplane spin..
tangle..
lead with the right hand to the rear plane..
in the rear planebring the right hand in a semi-circle over the left hand.. and lead back to the front with the right hand..
once up front your hands need to move another half circle (staying splittime with each pther) so that the left hand can lead over the right shoulder to the rear..
you right arm poitns out, and you just whip the left around and under.. and pull it back forward with a right lead..
it comes undone.. usually on the way back up front.. but sometimes you can exit out the front..

you don't say which direction your going in your description and you start from the back so its hard to tell...

you can use these motions easier if you stay in the front wallplane and use inner and outter.. because then you can make one hand (and tanlge) go under, around and over one arm and then the other hand (and tangle) over around and under the other amr.. these thigns are REALLY hard to talk about in my opinion without vids.. so I'm sorry if you can't follow..
though another way to talk about it is as an inverted weave.. since you can roll inversions anywhere you can tangle..

spiralxveteran
1,376 posts

Posted:
I had direction in my first post, edited the second to add direction.

I think we may be talking about the same thing, you're doing it on the other side and starting by taking the tangle over rather than under though...

It's not an inversion though because your hands and tangle are always on the outside. But yes as I said earlier inner and outer wall planes should be fine for this sort of move as well.

Will have a video of this - but not for a few weeks!

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
i think i get your gist dude... nice idea, will give that a go later.... biggrin

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

RevBRONZE Member
Bastard Newbie Messiah
1,269 posts

Posted:
no spiral.. I said you can talk about it using inversions.. because a tanlge and an inversion are the same thing.. just in a different place... and I've found its easier to relate describing things in terms of the inversion and then crossing it over to tangles when you don't have vid to sort it out.. other wise it gets kinda messy..

also if what we are talking about is the same then all you are refering to is switching the poles of a tanlge like you switch the poles on an inversion (think rolling a cross side inversion into a same side inversion) so I'm not sure why we need the snake reference...

cheers..

infinitemember
110 posts

Posted:
Written by: spiralx

Rev - I borrowed one, but it turned out that I couldn't get the stuff onto the computer as the guy I borrowed it from had given me the wrong bits.

Anyway, a better description perhaps.

1) Start spinning split-time wall plane anti-clockwise left arm pointing straight out, right hand under left armpit, both poi rear wall plane. Hands are pointing backwards.

2) Tangle in rear wall plane, bring right hand underneath left arm so it ends up in front. As the tangle moves, your hands switch from pointing backwards to forwards.

3) Isolate your right arm anti-clockwise (from your perspective) so that it goes over your left arm and ends up behind your left shoulder. The key here is that as your hand goes over the arm you keep your hands pointing forward so the tangle always stays in the front wall plane - it should now pop open there.

That's about it I think...

I can do one like this that goes, split time wall plane in front of you, then put both behind with your left arm reaching really far almost like a WW. The poi stay split time behind you. Tangle strings behind the back and quickly push the whole tangle in front of you, under your right armpit, left hand has to reach like a WW that is in front of the body. They untangle in front of you and the left poi has to go back around to the front of you again. Does this make sense?? BTB airwrap the plane change is from behind you under your armpit to in front of you. really reachy with the left arm.
It is essentially the same trick you are describing except I reach around my back with my left arm and tangle then thru right armpit to untangle.

dont make peoples heads turn, give them whiplash.

StoneGOLD Member
Stream Entrant
2,829 posts

Posted:
spiralx, I think I get wot you mean. A bit over my skill level, but I’ll give them a try.

Have you tried combining them over and under. And then combining that combo with hip ones (eg. right shoulder left hip)?

Gratuitous comment wink These hyperloop snakes remind me of another set of club moves called “Twister, Tying the Knot, Double and Hip Tangles” which seem appropriate names, but they are done with clubs sans hyperloop/chainwraps.

cheers smile
EDITED_BY: Stone (1114142773)

If we as members of the human race practice meditation, we can transcend our fear, despair, and forgetfulness. Meditation is not an escape. It is the courage to look at reality with mindfulness and concentration. Thich Nhat Hanh

spiralxveteran
1,376 posts

Posted:
Written by: Rev

no spiral.. I said you can talk about it using inversions.. because a tanlge and an inversion are the same thing.. just in a different place... and I've found its easier to relate describing things in terms of the inversion and then crossing it over to tangles when you don't have vid to sort it out.. other wise it gets kinda messy..

also if what we are talking about is the same then all you are refering to is switching the poles of a tanlge like you switch the poles on an inversion (think rolling a cross side inversion into a same side inversion) so I'm not sure why we need the snake reference...

cheers..

You're talking, but I don't understand anything you're saying ubblol I don't see inversions and tangles as the same in all cases - especially here where everything is on the outside. And what are the poles you're talking about?

spiralxveteran
1,376 posts

Posted:
Written by: infinite

I can do one like this that goes, split time wall plane in front of you, then put both behind with your left arm reaching really far almost like a WW. The poi stay split time behind you. Tangle strings behind the back and quickly push the whole tangle in front of you, under your right armpit, left hand has to reach like a WW that is in front of the body. They untangle in front of you and the left poi has to go back around to the front of you again. Does this make sense?? BTB airwrap the plane change is from behind you under your armpit to in front of you. really reachy with the left arm.
It is essentially the same trick you are describing except I reach around my back with my left arm and tangle then thru right armpit to untangle.

Very similar to what you're describing except I'm using an isolation to keep the tangle going. It's essentially a complicated way to move the stretching arm from under -> over the straight arm tangled all the way through the movement smile

spiralxveteran
1,376 posts

Posted:
Written by: Stone

Have you tried combining them over and under. And then combining that combo with hip ones (eg. right shoulder left hip)?

I'm still working on getting the whole motion properly smooth, but as it's basically a straight arm move you should be able to do it at all kinds of angles and positions.

Written by: Stone

Gratuitous comment wink These hyperloop snakes remind me of another set of club moves called “Twister, Tying the Knot, Double and Hip Tangles” which seem appropriate names, but they are done with clubs sans hyperloop/chainwraps.

cheers smile

I'm intrigued now...!

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
cheers spiral, had a go at this last night and its very spiffy, and got be back into exploring hyperloops of all kinds.

dont know if i would call it a snake but it did get me thinking abouit snake movments during tangles....

getting to the point now where I can tangle someing in any plane and pull it about for a while then untangle it. its fun!

T wave

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

spiralxveteran
1,376 posts

Posted:
As I said I'm not sure if it's exactly a snake... but it's got a similar action from what I've seen of them...

And it's a better name than "isolated outer-plane changing hyperloop" or whatever wink

RevBRONZE Member
Bastard Newbie Messiah
1,269 posts

Posted:
here's my dilemma..

tangle = inversion with a different center.. hence why airwraps, and what a lot of people call hyperloops (dunno why) work exactly as inversions.. isolate them both and you get the exact same thing..

twists = weaves.. with a different center.. this is what I and a lot of others call hyperloops and some people call outside airwraps.. this seems to me now what you are doing.. ie. a wallplane weave done with linked poi..

as far as flipping the pole.. I wish arashi was here to be my go between man, but he's not so hopefully I can put it in non-revese.. flipping the pole happens with twists, weaves, thru-wraps, etc when you go to the other side.. the poi are spinning outside your hands.. then you flip it, and they are outside your hands.. (it works better if you think of it being above your hands.. instead of outside.. even the bottom of a cork is above the hands when you take one relative the other.. )
flipping the pole of a tangle, inversion, buzzsaw, etc is when you change the sides that your hands are on without changing the direction of the spin.. like when you roll a cross arm led inversion (5bt) into a same side inversion 3bt on the same side.. its also the motion you use if you tanlge in the front wall plane and switch the insidehand to outside and the other accordingly..

spiralxveteran
1,376 posts

Posted:
Ah it's this twist vs tangle thing again. I don't really make the distinction, so there you go smile

Gotcha on poles.

RevBRONZE Member
Bastard Newbie Messiah
1,269 posts

Posted:
this whole snaking like motion that you are getting with this move is a nice way to demonstrate another thing that I talked a lot about, and that's the whole moving your hands, rather than keeping them stationary thing... its not really an isolation but more of a rolling with the link.. it makes for a lot more fluid transitions, and makes for hella fun dance-wise when you can start moving your hands around without having to focus on what the poi are doing..

as far as tangles and twists... I only stick with that because frankly its like saying weaves and buzzsaws (well inversions) are the same thing.. maybe there are some people that don't see a weave and an inversion as different things, but I don't see it.. its like saying the links are the same bc they link and weaves and inversions are the same because your hands move around each other.. shrug

spiralxveteran
1,376 posts

Posted:
But weaves and inversions are the same thing... it's all circles ya know man...

*innocent face*

RevBRONZE Member
Bastard Newbie Messiah
1,269 posts

Posted:
my bad... I forgot in poi we have 300 words for circle...