Forums > Help! > My Bluetooth Blues

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
Hey,
ummm... im having trouble installing a bluetooth dongler on to my laptop... I trid it on my dads desktop, and it works fine, but when i try it on my obselete hunk-a-junk, it doesnt work...
i need the bluetooth to connect my camera phone (sony ericsson) to it so i can upload pics from it... but it doesnt work...

the installl file runs ok... then it comes up with a box saying that it doesnt have a windos approval thing.. (same thing happened on my dads, but it worked fine) so i clicked continue, and it installs fine... then i restart the laptop and try and run the "my bluetooth places" and it comes up with a box saying "configure bluetooth" where it sks me to name my computer, and tell it it was a laptop... click next and after ten mins, another box comes up, i press next and it freezes... i restart the computer, and try again... nothing...

can any one help me?

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

10,530 posts

Posted:
no the fma ones... the install starts with it wanting to download additional files...

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

Konstilovable smart-ass
785 posts

Posted:
man you dont have to tell me, i use bluetooth a lot but mainly for chatting and swapping files during excessively long lectures....

good luck in your mission to get that dongle thing to work...

"is optimism in austria just a lack of information?"
-Alfred Dorfer

SymBRONZE Member
Geek-enviro-hippy priest
1,858 posts

Posted:
Ok, well try getting the SE ones first. Download all the software you can - other than the theme makers etc (unless you wnt them) and install it.

What was the error on those drivers? Could you just not download them? I would try getting them if I were you.

There's too many home fires burning and not enough trees

10,530 posts

Posted:
cant down load them... blocked by firewall...

float has malicious scripts on them (whateva that means confused ) norton antivirus is asking me wether i want to authorize it, stop it, allow it once, allow entire script once, or quarintine it... what shud o do?

SymBRONZE Member
Geek-enviro-hippy priest
1,858 posts

Posted:
Ok, Norton will stop almost anything that does anything usful. You can authorize it and it'll be fine.

I think you'll need to get on the real non-proxied non-firewalled internet and do some proper downloading. Do you have broadband at home?

Also, try turning off norton and trying again

10,530 posts

Posted:
it worked when i autherized it shrug my computer is very paranoid...

umm... yeah, i have bb at home... tho no connection to my laptop... can i connect a bb modem to a laptop (our modem is external...)?

SymBRONZE Member
Geek-enviro-hippy priest
1,858 posts

Posted:
You should either have a USB or RJ45 connection, either way it should work on the laptop

10,530 posts

Posted:
cool.... im giving thoughts on giving up and asking sum1 proffesional to give it ago, cos im clearly not good enuff with my machine to get this working...

SymBRONZE Member
Geek-enviro-hippy priest
1,858 posts

Posted:
It's tempting...

Feel free to call me to talk about it if you like - seeing as a am "someone proffesional". I'll PM you my number.

10,530 posts

Posted:
probs is, where u at? I live around the place, in london, tisbury and in crowthorne.. it may be a bit hard getting it to u... shrug

anyways, i will persevere untill i flip and break something (i have pencils on hold devil ) and then if wprse comes to worse, i will seek your ultimate knowledge of my crap hunkajunk biggrin

SymBRONZE Member
Geek-enviro-hippy priest
1,858 posts

Posted:
I'm in Norfolk, but I'm thinking about coming down to London in a few weeks - can't go to the clapham meet, but maybe another one? I might just go to oddballs as we don't have a good juggling shop about here at all.

10,530 posts

Posted:
the one in camden?

SymBRONZE Member
Geek-enviro-hippy priest
1,858 posts

Posted:
Yep. Any other meets in the London area? I might try to get the Norwich juggling club down.

This is becoming a little off topic though...see how you get on, let me know and who knows, I might be able tom come down and help out.

10,530 posts

Posted:
yep.. im kinda taking a break from bluetooth maintenance, as its getting annoying... ill get back to you..

Page: