SymBRONZE Member
Geek-enviro-hippy priest
1,858 posts

Posted:
https://www.makepovertyhistory.org/tjm.html

Taken from https://www.perfect.co.uk/2005/04/wake-up-to-trade-justice

If you’re interested in supporting the Make Poverty History campaign and you live in the London area, you should turn up at Westminster Abbey at 9pm tonight for an event and all-night vigil called Wake Up To Trade Justice.

Organised by the Trade Justice Movement, the event will see performances by Ronan Keating and Beverley Knight, and if that’s not your cup of tea there’ll be comedy and films, a mass march on Whitehall, and a dance night in Leicester Square. You can find a full programme (PDF) here: https://www.tjm.org.uk/wakeup/TradeJustice15April2005.pdf

biggrin

I can't make it, but some of you might be interested.

There's too many home fires burning and not enough trees

MoohaahaaBRONZE Member
enthusiast
382 posts

Posted:
I'm gonna be there, probably with Sunbeam
I'm gonna bring my clubs, so if anyone see's me, come and pass

I think this is a great cause, and will be a brilliant evening, theres loads of free film showings, and drumming workshops, and all that other good stuff.

Come Along smile

Some things you have to see to believe, but
Some things you have to believe in to see.

Anna-panannaThinking...
179 posts

Posted:
I went!
It was amazing! We had such a fantastic night...
I saw someone juggling clubs...maybe that was you?? Outside the Methodist church around 5.30am, I was queuing for breakfast, which I never got frown
Did you enjoy it?

Practice as if your hair was on fire...

MoohaahaaBRONZE Member
enthusiast
382 posts

Posted:
That was me indeed.
With my flatmate adam.

Glad you enjoyed it.
We didn't que for breakfast, my friends did for ages, and then got 1 banana and a piece of toast

It was an amazing night. Loads of lovely folk, and we found our friend with 4 aerotech balls and were happy all night smile

Some things you have to see to believe, but
Some things you have to believe in to see.

NOnactivist for HoPper liberation.
1,643 posts

Posted:
ohhhh... i didnae see this before, i was there!! i saw some one spinning fire in parliament square, was that anybody here?? and methinks i also saw your aerotech friend! i did have my poi, but didn't spin them, was a bit too frozen.... spent most of the night wandering around trying to get warmth and food, it was pretty much unsuccessful. (largely because we refused to queue...) and didn't even try at breakfast, went to sleep in the back of a rickshaw instead biggrin

Aurinko freedom agreement reached 10th Sept 2006

if it makes no sense that's because it's NOn-sense.

Anna-panannaThinking...
179 posts

Posted:
I saw someone spinning fire in parliament square too! And I saw the aerotech friend! There seemed to be quite a lot of jugglers and poisters around, I kept catching glimpses of flying/twirling objects! If a similar event happens again we should all arrange to meet up proper and have a mass spinning/chucking things session. weavesmiley biggrin juggle

Practice as if your hair was on fire...

NOnactivist for HoPper liberation.
1,643 posts

Posted:
there was a fair few indeed! i was going to post on here about a potential mass chucking/spin for this event, but i'm lazy and i forgot... plus i never got round to making my make poverty history poi, that i was gonna do...

now that folks, is commitment to the cause!! tongue s'not my fault, the dog ate it...uh... ate my brain... the dog ate my brain....... ubbloco

Aurinko freedom agreement reached 10th Sept 2006

if it makes no sense that's because it's NOn-sense.