Page:
BirgitBRONZE Member
had her carpal tunnel surgery already thanks v much
4,145 posts

Posted:
I just went to meet this guy who had an ad on a musicians' websire saying he was looking for a girl that could play guitar and sing to start an acoustic duette, somewhere along the lines of Sheryl Crow, Counting Crows, KT Tunstall etc, and I was really looking forward to it, cause I've wanted to do something like that for quite a while.

After a brief discussion about music it turned into a "what type of guys do you like, cause I really like girls who can play the guitar" chat-up-plan. And that after several emails discussing style and guitars etc first! Grrrrr. I'm really pissed off. I've given him some un-subtle dating advice for the future. I mean, he was definitely trying to be very nice and everything, but I'm so angry he was wasting my time! I've been practicing guitar and singing for the last few days thinking he was serious about the band idea though I should've really been doing other things.

Ah well. At least I got home early enough to pop into Tesco and discover that they're now clearing mini chocolate orange easter eggs for 24 p per bag. I was definitely in a chocolate mood after tonight!

Anyways, at the beginning I got the whole "I have contacts to musicians and venues" blabla that I'm sure lots of musicians get every day, and while he was obvious enough for me to find out what he was about straight away (and quite harmless, too) I can see how younger/more ambitious/sillier girls might've gone for it, or at least for someone who's a bit better at hiding what he's about for a while! It's the first time something like that has happened to me, but I find it really upsetting frown

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

Owner of Dragosani's left half

DoktorSkellSILVER Member
addict
475 posts

Posted:
Written by: Gelfling

As for music classification - two sorts:
#Music I can juggle to
#Music I can't juggle to

Ever tried juggling to the smiths? i tried once.
i kept breaking down into tears of overwhelming despair and dropped the balls ubblol

Fair luna bright, fair luna moon
it shines at night but fades too soon
fair luna moon, fair luna bright
forever we dance
we dance under starlight

BirgitBRONZE Member
4,145 posts

Posted:
Written by: Gelfling

Wow - that guy has gone to some effort to chat up women (sort of flattering in a strange way?) - gotta respect him for that -

You're right, and I have to admit it is quite original... definitely one of the more time-intensive attempts men have made for my attention!

If he'd been in the slightest attractive for my taste and had managed to not be so bloody obvious, who knows, it might've worked rolleyes

Written by: bonzai

Hmmm, I hate to stray unto subject here, but if you ever want to do anything musically I'd be more than happy to jam with you anytime. Also Dave is a very good musician.

OOOOOOH YAY!!! biggrin Jamming sounds cool!

I've asked Dave before, but at that time I was talking to a rock guitarist and Dave didn't want to do rock, so we kept looking for another drummer and predictably failed utterly, got bored and stopped emailing each other wink Options Options Options, but I'll have to wait until after Beltane cause before Beltane I have *counts* 1 free evening. ubblol

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

And all that's jazzBRONZE Member
92 posts

Posted:
I'm always up for a jam, especially if we're playing jazz/funk (real funk, not modern, i'm-a-rapper-pretending-i'm-getting-back-to-my-roots kind of funk) or rock/rock 'n' roll (anything from Buddy Holly to Zeppelin), things like that. My baby is my (electric) bass, but I play a bit of guitar, piano and (atrocious) vocals.

One problem - I'm in Australia. Birgit, maybe if you strum your guitar loud enough, I'll hear you. You never know, they heard the sound of Krakatoa exploding in Perth, that's about 4,00km away. We can do it - 'Our amps, they go up to 11, see?'

Jazz

C8H18 + 12.5O2 ---------> 8CO2 + 9H2O + you know what

SniperBRONZE Member
Snoochie-boochie-noochies!
663 posts

Posted:
Written by: Birgit

most people on here seem to be very together-y with other spinners

i'm not even remotely together-y with anyone hehe :P

myself included somedays confused

BirgitBRONZE Member
4,145 posts

Posted:
At least if you're not really together-y with yourself that'll give you some resistance against vampires. Unless Terry Pratchett lied, and I'd like to believe he doesn't. Ever wink I'm not very together-y with anyone either, though I've kind of accepted being together-y with myself for now. Saves me a lot of confusion...

All that's Jazz, how about "I'm a Believer", tomorrow, 9 am CET (it's 8 am in the UK, no idea about Oz...). I'll definitely try and remember and sing it biggrin so if you can't hear me it's all your fault smile

(G.W. Dahlquist)

Page: