• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 200.00 credit to your HoP account.

Forums > Social Chat > What's the first thing you spent your student loan on?

Login/Join to Participate

monkeynamedspank
monkeynamedspank

Padawan
Total posts: 197
Posted:I got my student loan today - Hurrah!

But rather than doing the sensible thing and paying things like student accomodation and debt, I went online and ordered some dvds, cds and a replica sting sword. Hell, there's always tomorrow for sensible things.

I was just wondering if it was just me or was anyone else irresponsible?

Damn the addictiveness of forums! (Or should it be addictivity?)

Kaji
Kaji

Quantum Theorist
Total posts: 564
Posted:a trip to the pub

In the 60's people took acid to make the world weird, now the world is weird and they take prozac to make it normal again.

myco
myco

Total posts: 2084
Posted:toothpaste

Bubbles_
Bubbles_

Carpal \'Tunnel
Total posts: 3383
Posted:bills frown i dont get anyof it frown

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

Mistress_Maledicti
Heaven doesn't want me, and Hell is afraid I'll take over
Total posts: 192
Posted:Student loan? I wish! I have to pay for the privelige of being a student...

sin

"Abashed, the Devil stood and saw how awful Goodness is"

flid
flid

Carpal \'Tunnel
Total posts: 3136
Posted:in my first week of uni a flatmate bought a new computer in town with his entire loan. He was well chuffed till I told him i could have built a same spec'd one for him for 400 quid cheaper wink

Dressed in Black
Dressed in Black

A Fire Inside
Total posts: 191
Posted:spent my loan (and overdraft!) on booze and weed and some poi and quite a lot of clothes as the shopping here is great! now i have to rely on my mum sending me 30 a week and the wages from my 4.10 an hour job. greeeeaaaaaat.........

::: I LiKe pLeAsUrE sPiKeD wItH pAiN - MuSiC iS mY aErOpLaNe :::

wu wei
wu wei

Total posts: 48
Posted:I hear that bruthah. First thing I spent mine on was a crate that swapped many times over the year in the hostel. Ahhhh first year!

Everyone can be divided into two groups: those who can be divided into two groups, and those who can't

hexagonic
hexagonic

Clubbles Jugs
Total posts: 1687
Posted:Put some money in a bank. You'll need it at some point in the future. I spent mine on having work free summer holidays and now have about 8,000 worth of debt to pay off frown

Did buy loads of nice dvds though wink

ah wah wah wah a wah wah

UCOF
UCOF

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 15414
Posted:Aerotechs ubblove
Dvds smile
THC
Non-Https Image Link

I think thats about it...

smile

Vixen
Vixen

Carpal \'Tunnel
Total posts: 3276
Posted:im not a student, but i spend all my money on food and phone credit! xxx

tHeReS gOoD aNd EvIl iN EaCh InDiViDuAl fIrE, iDeNtIfIeS nEeDs AnD fEeDs OuR dEsIrEs.

drakematrix
drakematrix

Maker of the Cheesecake
Total posts: 174
Posted:well, when I got my check, I spent most of it on paying all of my bills through may... (I got the check in january) but then I immediately went to the outlet mall and bought 300 dollars worth of clothes from the Calvin Klein outlet and the DKNY outlet...

What exactly do I have to light on fire to get you to notice me?

monkeynamedspank
monkeynamedspank

Padawan
Total posts: 197
Posted:Woohoo so it's not just me. I did suspect that's what the answer would be. That's the student way i guess.

Damn the addictiveness of forums! (Or should it be addictivity?)

HarisonB
stranger

Total posts: 2
Posted:
Student loan to buy things that aren't really needed? Don't you think you're wasting your money?

Fine_Rabid_Dog
Internet Hate Machine
Total posts: 10530
Posted:Ha nice necropost. I spend my loan on rent, food and computer components. Just built myself a tasty, beasty rig.

Also have a job, so I can enjoy the finer things in life =D

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

UCOF
UCOF

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 15414
Posted:nice 7 year necro post indeed. shocked