Forums > Social Chat > We need a 'sell your stuff' thread

Login/Join to Participate

~Leah~GOLD Member
addict
584 posts

Posted:
I was just thinking that other day that we need a place on this site where we can sell our fire toys, books, dvd's or whatever. I dunno about you guys, but there is a couple of things to do with spinning that I would love to sell, but no-where to sell them to people like you! hehe What do you guys think? thankx

Never hold your farts in! They travel up your spine, go into your brain and that's where shitty idea's come from.

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
ebay is always a good bet wink

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

~Leah~GOLD Member
addict
584 posts

Posted:
ebay is good, for other stuff that alot of people want, not this though.

Never hold your farts in! They travel up your spine, go into your brain and that's where shitty idea's come from.

NucleopoiBRONZE Member
chemical attraction
1,097 posts

Posted:
i think this way would be a cool idea.

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Yes: We could get cheap stuff on the sly.

No: It would turn into a giant advert really.

umm

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
I know other forums run by/paid for by shops which allow trading of second hand goods only by individuals (not companies) quite successfully. People have trader ratings similar to ebay's feedback system and it's a lot more personal than ebay, because threads can be started about goods etc. It can work quite well if a group of people want to source an item which the shop itself isn't willing to sell (ie there's not enough people/profit margin to make it commercially viable), but together can pool resources and pay part of the import charges etc.

It's really upto Malcolm thou

VixenSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,276 posts

Posted:
yeah, when i saw Hexagonic start his post about selling his balls(?) i thought that having that sort of thread would be a good idea. At least you dont have to look that hard for the kind of people that you know will be interested. xxx

tHeReS gOoD aNd EvIl iN EaCh InDiViDuAl fIrE, iDeNtIfIeS nEeDs AnD fEeDs OuR dEsIrEs.

88Jack88newbie
21 posts

Posted:
What does work well is instead of having individual posts have a monthly Buy/sell/Trade Thread which everyone posts in. As for trust etc. local trades are easy and post count can help over longer distances.

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
post count? I wouldn't trust anyone on here with more than 4000 posts ;-)

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Not only should Malcolm pay for a forum where people can sell their fire toys instead of buying his, but I think he should pay for shipping as well.

It's really the least he could do.

wink

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

linden rathenGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,942 posts

Posted:
He'd have to charge a fee for it - say 10% that wouldnt be too bad and theres also a limit on how much is going to be sold regularly - i mean you dont really buy many sets of poi that you arnt going to use

back