Forums > Other Toys > Flaming Unicycle (of Death)

Login/Join to Participate

88Jack88newbie
21 posts

Posted:
Here's the pitch.
Two "wicks" mounted perpendicular to the cranks. They'll be fairly far out on the spokes. Stuck on in the same manner as those reflective orange thingys.

The idea being spin they wheel a pretty circle of flame "in" the spokes.

Has anyone else tried this? any reasons why it won't work?
comments? scorn? better idea? it's all good.

MissEgyptologyBRONZE Member
officially expelled from BYU
195 posts

Posted:
I've seen a similar thing done with Christmas lights--weave a strand around the spokes and stick a battery pack on there. I'm not sure how you would do it with fire...I guess I can't quite visualize it. It could work if you could keep your ankles from burning.

"So Miss, I think you win the prize... A mormon egyptologist in a firespinning chat room... that's gotta be a record of some kind"
-NYC

Thanks, NYC,but I quit mormonism now XD

squarefishSILVER Member
(...trusty steed of the rodeo midget...)
403 posts

Posted:
Hi!
Your tires WILL explode/go on fire eek
I use a fire wheell in some shows similar to what you're describing except with four wicks.
The heat build up in the rim is extreme, too hot to touch, I've got the scars to prove it.
I suspect that you don't actuatly want your inflatable rubber tires to explode and cover you and the audience with melted rubber? wink

MissEgyptology has the right idea, use some cool looking lights in between the spokes, possibly on sliders so that you'l get elipses at slow speeds and circles when you'r going fast.

Good luck!

88Jack88newbie
21 posts

Posted:
Christmas lights ey
Any idea how much they cost?

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
about a year and a half ago there was a video posted on the unicyclist forum.... coleman fuel on the tire! and set fire to the tyre... is still on the net some where but i wouldnt recomend it! i wouldnt want a tire to explode on me.

the video hada nice 360 jump whilst on fire too!" is worth looking for on the net. unicyclist.com i think.

195 posts

Posted:
Christmas lights aren't really that expensive. I think a regular strand is about $7 at Target or something, but you'll be hard pressed to find any thing time of year unless you end up in one of those christmas specialty shops.

"So Miss, I think you win the prize... A mormon egyptologist in a firespinning chat room... that's gotta be a record of some kind"
-NYC

Twisthem488member
187 posts

Posted:
Written by: pk ....:™

about a year and a half ago there was a video posted on the unicyclist forum.... coleman fuel on the tire! and set fire to the tyre... is still on the net some where but i wouldnt recomend it! i wouldnt want a tire to explode on me.

the video hada nice 360 jump whilst on fire too!" is worth looking for on the net. unicyclist.com i think.

yeah, is that the one where they are playing unicycle hockey with a flaming ball? im pretty sure i saw that. it was pimp

Im a Thespian, But I'll Act Normal Around You Guys

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
yup thats the one wink

Spacecow00xSILVER Member
170 posts

Posted:
wow that video has almost inspired me to buy a unicycle, not for fire purpouses but yeah lol

You've got the wings of a fallen angel
You offer peace if they praise your name
You live your life taking everything you can get
Look down, time to fly!

GelflingBRONZE Member
Watcher of 80s cartoons
665 posts

Posted:
If you inflated the wheel with a mixture of oxygen and propone - oh wait - that isn't a reponsible suggestion

>What do you think about the state of the Earth?
>I'm optimistic.
>So why do you look so sad?
>I'm not sure that my optimism is justified.

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
Written by: Gelfling

If you inflated the wheel with a mixture of oxygen and propone - oh wait - that isn't a reponsible suggestion

runs off in an experimental fashion to try this! ubblol where is the new pope!!!!..... i wanna try this near him! wink

195 posts

Posted:
oh, PK, you so crazy! that sounds really funny. Film it for me ubblol

-NYC

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
it would be like JFK all over again.... :O