Page: ......
Georgemember
3 posts

Posted:
Are there any other pyro types living in sleepy 'ol Cambridge these days?
Whats there to do in terms of fire spinning? Anyone want to meet up sometime and find out?

SymBRONZE Member
Geek-enviro-hippy priest
1,858 posts

Posted:
It's Gold eek

So the news is that there isn't room for Jo at the meal on Saturday night, but we're still looking for a bed for my dad, sister and Me. Jo might still come up, but I'm not sure...

Guy, is the offer still open for some of us? Anyone else?

hug see you at the weekend hug

There's too many home fires burning and not enough trees

akgraphicsSILVER Member
133 posts

Posted:
Hey everyone, hopefully I'll be meeting you all at CamCircus this sunday - the weather looks loooooverly for the coming week, so i'll be taking my staff with me wherever I go - Look for an Indian-looking dude (well ...sri lankan if we're specific) carrying a staff in a grey thin bag. If you see me, stop me, throw rocks at me, get my attention! I'm usually up in the clouds when walking around on my own, so flag me down, i reaaally want to meet all of you!

VampyricAcidSILVER Member
veteran
1,286 posts

Posted:
ok i'm phoneless, but maybe someone else can send you their number or something, not sure where we'll be...im not much use am i??

Proudly Owned By The BMVC

Are You Sniffing My Mitten?

MotleyGOLD Member
addict
434 posts

Posted:
 Written by: akgraphics

Hey everyone, hopefully I'll be meeting you all at CamCircus this sunday - the weather looks loooooverly for the coming week, so i'll be taking my staff with me wherever I go - Look for an Indian-looking dude (well ...sri lankan if we're specific) carrying a staff in a grey thin bag. If you see me, stop me, throw rocks at me, get my attention! I'm usually up in the clouds when walking around on my own, so flag me down, i reaaally want to meet all of you!

I'll put some rocks in my poi bag ubblol only kidding, i think i already pm'd you my number so give me a call if you get lost on the way

akgraphicsSILVER Member
133 posts

Posted:
I emailed Camcircus, and he said to meet in the Howard Mallet centre? I'll pm you my number Motley, in case you're headed somewhere else?

I was practising in the green next to the bus station and saw a guy with dreadlocks spinning fire to a large group of people sitting on the lawn! He looked really good ... I just stayed hidden underneath my tree practising ... I can't practise in front of public people. When I'm actually performing I kinda switch off, and tune out the audience. Probably a bad thing.

Winged AvengerSILVER Member
The official Emma Peel wannabe
226 posts

Posted:
Hi,

Did you see this e-mail from Camcircus... cool pics Vampyricacid! hug

https://www.chaos.org.uk/ccc/gallery/outdoors1/index.html

Apparently you may have copies of the originals if you like Simon!

See you guys later,

Karen x
EDITED_BY: Winged Avenger (1160321443)

"Always keep your bowler on in times of stress and watch out for diabolical masterminds" - Emma Peel

akgraphicsSILVER Member
133 posts

Posted:
It was wonderful to meet you all! To be honest I could've come and just sat there for a couple of hours just watching all the amazing skills on display! smile

veteran
1,286 posts

Posted:
I could say the same about you man, your staff was amazing

LazyAngelGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,895 posts

Posted:
Just in case people didn't get a text, meet at the Granta pub at 8pm Friday, for a drink, hug and a spin before I head out to China!
grouphug

Because ActiveAngel sounds like a feminine deodorant

Like sex, I'm much more interesting in real life than online.

'Be the change you want to see in the world around you' - Ghandi

DanDrumnewbie
10 posts

Posted:
What a cool night beerchug marred considerably by having to say good buywave to Guy.
Busted my firestaff cherry though and am presently awaiting delivery of a spanking new staff.
Looking forward to hooking up this coming weekend. Karen if you want a lift from Sudbury give us a bell.
Guy when you read this you'll be in China!!! How cool is that. Except it's not cool because your not here with us. Once again good luck dude

Your all just jealous cos the little voices only talk to me!!!

226 posts

Posted:

Hi all,

Dan - Thanks for the offer. I don't have yours or Olivia's number - I have PM'd (Private messaged - check the flashing envelop by your log-in) you mine. I don't have great net access so please feel free to contact by phone or on my work e-mail (which I think I have given you guys!!!). I'd like to take advantage of it though!

Cambridge posse - missing you all loads! Def up for coming for a visit sooner rather than later. Matt mentioned that perhaps yoiu'd like to head down here. - well- if you'd like to visit and do me a HUGE favour it would be great if you could come down on November 19th and take part in the Parade of Light (a parade through town switching on the Christmas lights) an bring any glow toys you have!! You could all take part and have a giggle!

Matty B - did you pick up Guy's staffs when you left last Saturday am? We couldn't find them when we were heading out for a spin and SOMEONE was getting a bit anxious!

If anyone is wondering why LazyAngel is so quiet lately please go to his Intro Thread ( [Old link] ) and you can keep up to date with his antics there!!!

hug Miss ing you all lots! See you soon!

"Always keep your bowler on in times of stress and watch out for diabolical masterminds" - Emma Peel

akgraphicsSILVER Member
133 posts

Posted:
Hello beans!

I seem to be a part of firetroupe (yay! exciting) so I'll do a shameless plug:

Tomorrow, we're having a photoshoot firespin on midsummer common, from 9pm. We supply paraffin, but it would be nice to have some donations for it, as I am still just a student and can't afford to buy paraffin for sessions every time! 2 quid per person was quoted, but i'd accept 20p ...or sweeties, whatevers good smile

But yeah, we need photos for our promotional material: websites, posters, cards, etc. And we havn't got very many good ones. So bring your friends, photographers and cameras, and we'll try to get the most stunning eye-candy in the world ever! yay!

One caveat: any photos taken good enough will be used on our website hopefully!

I STILL havn't spun fire since coming here, I'm very very excited! clap

veteran
1,286 posts

Posted:
anyone going to camcrcus??

and remember AK safety first smile i might be tempted to come out and see you all and have a spin, i have no fire poi, or i do, but they are crappy, but if anyone could lend me some i;d be happy to let you shoot me.....with your camera

akgraphicsSILVER Member
133 posts

Posted:
Myself and a friend will be coming tonight! Tis been a while since I came ...

Safety first definately! Goes without saying smile

In future, at all our fire practices, we provide all the equipment and paraffin - next time, please come! no equipment needed!

Last night was really fun, good to meet everyone else!

veteran
1,286 posts

Posted:
cool, i'll have to get your number, im always up for a spin smile

226 posts

Posted:
Are you guys spinning after Mid-summer common fireworks? There are always lots of spinners out then.

Let me know when and where and I'll see you there!

I maybe teaching teenagers how to spin for the council! Hooray!

akgraphicsSILVER Member
133 posts

Posted:
Wow! Sounds like fun - spread the skills to the world! I'm stuck in my room doing examples papers frown no spinning for me

I'll take my staff along to the fireworks show ... I don't know about paraffin though - I don't fancy keeping any - I wonder when Mackay's closes?

LazyAngelGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,895 posts

Posted:
just a word about the fireworks display: expect them to try to shut you down, even if you spin after the display on Jesus Green. Avoid fire spinning on Midsummer common: they'll bring cops down faster than you can say 'poi' eek I recommend driving in with paraffin in the boot of the car, and then getting it afterwards. There will usually be about 3+ people spinning/juggling at the end of the show. Have fun! - I wish I could be there, but I won't miss the jokes about Guy Fawkes!

and can someone tell Dixie to give my mum and dad a call about furniture, he should be working in Oddbins opposite Pizza Hut most days...

Because ActiveAngel sounds like a feminine deodorant

Like sex, I'm much more interesting in real life than online.

'Be the change you want to see in the world around you' - Ghandi

veteran
1,286 posts

Posted:
fireworks are on the 4th on midsummer common, im gonna try to be there!!! yay

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
you're part of a firetroupe and you've not spun fire? does not compute.....confused

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

SymBRONZE Member
Geek-enviro-hippy priest
1,858 posts

Posted:
Awww, almost a year since I met you lot! Amazing!

AK, Make sure you spin off before lighting, and don't spin near people or the dipping area. A few of us had an experience with a firetroup that was less than safe...

Karen: For Cambridge City Council? No way! I worked there for a year and they didn't care about poi! *sulks* wink

There's too many home fires burning and not enough trees

226 posts

Posted:
Sym - no Colchester Borough Council.

Vampyricacid - really want to see you misfits. Is it better if I do fireworks or camcircus? Which are you lot more likely to turn up to ;0)

Lazy - will text Mr and Mrs Dixie about calling your parents. kiss

I miss Cambridge!

veteran
1,286 posts

Posted:
and cambridge misses you!!!
DO BOTH biggrin

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
Hey guys and gals,

I won't be back in Cambridge till late sunday eve, so won't be making it to wither I am afraid. . . .

Hope you guys have fun

Hope you are well Karen, will have to catch up soon, but I am a little snowed under with work at the moment...

226 posts

Posted:
Guy - sent a text to both Dixie and Liz-Ard so hopefully one of them give your parents a call.,

Matty B - You're forgiven - this time! I do need to catch up sometime soon though with you. If you need a hand with typing up notes I seem to have an awful lot of free time at the mo!

Everyone - come to Camcircus tonight!

veteran
1,286 posts

Posted:
I will be at Clapham this sunday, if anyone wants to join me, feel free biggrin

cHaRliE_27BRONZE Member
8 posts

Posted:
hey guys iv just moved to cambridge. im at uni at aru. iv heard about meets on sunday nights on parkers piece but its well cold where do you guys go???? i need to practice.

it's not a beard, it's an animal iv trained to sit very still.

akgraphicsSILVER Member
133 posts

Posted:
hey dude welcome to cambridge. Would you like me to add you to the Prometheus Fire Troupe mailing list? We're pretty much a group of people, and we hear of paid spinning work, and inform the mailing list, so you can get jobs. We also have practices (getting more frequently hopefully). Via the mialing list you'll be informed of potential gigs and meets.

Cambridge University Juggling Association has less emphasis on poi and staff, but I go along and make sure we're fairly represented smile it rocks, they're all really firendly.

Cambridge Community Circus is in the Kelsey Kerridge community centre on sundays - check out www.camcircus.org for an address. It's quite near Anglia Ruskin.

Hope we can meet up soon - I'm heavily involved in Fire Troupe and go to CUJA lots - catch you later!

veteran
1,286 posts

Posted:
its not in kelsey kerridge, it's in "Howard Mallett Centre, Sturton Street, Cambridge"

the majority of us in here meet there every week, its great for learning new things, and meeting new people smile i'll PM you my number and if you decide to come drop me a text and i'll guide you in, as i said im not here this weekend, but im sure someone will be

akgraphicsSILVER Member
133 posts

Posted:
do'h sorry I'm not 100% there in the head. Apologies

Page: ......