Page: ......
Georgemember
3 posts

Posted:
Are there any other pyro types living in sleepy 'ol Cambridge these days?
Whats there to do in terms of fire spinning? Anyone want to meet up sometime and find out?

VampyricAcidSILVER Member
veteran
1,286 posts

Posted:
hey Relli, we meet at Camcircus www.camcircus.org sunday nights, 5:30 til 7, then pub, then fire on either midsummer common or parkside

Proudly Owned By The BMVC

Are You Sniffing My Mitten?

veteran
1,286 posts

Posted:
it depends, how old are you?? because sam comes, and he is 17, but it varies how long we are there for, normally about 30 mins if we doing fire, if notthen who knows!!

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
park today ?

thisisacenewbie
1 post

Posted:
Hello nice people. Newbie in Peterborough here. Had a go with Poi last summer. Determined to get back into it again now !

Anyone more local or I may have to head down to Cambridge at some point .... ? smile

veteran
1,286 posts

Posted:
well CamCircus is for all ages, Beni is about 14/15, and like i said sam is 16/17, there are also other younguns around who are all nice and friendly, but worst comes to the worse you can always hang around with us oldens smile

And Ace, i don't know about peterborough, i don't think there is much, but try a search, you may find someone, and if not, we're always welcoming smile

SamphiretteBRONZE Member
4 posts

Posted:
I've seen poi demonstrated a few times and I find it amazing to watch. I'm keen to learn and wondered if there is anywhere in Cambridge to buy poi, or what anyone from here recommends for starters.

Would be interested in coming and watch anyone in the park now that the better weather is here. I can get into Cambridge regularly - give or take the A14 ...

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
Hey Samphirette, well I would recommend some long socks (knee high socks or similar with balls in the ends. Balls can be made with old tights and rice/lentils if needs be....

You should come along to cam circus sometime (find link above) everyone is really friendly and will get you on your way. . .

smile

SamphiretteBRONZE Member
4 posts

Posted:
I've heard the cam circus mentioned a few times. Is it on today? Or are people heading out to the park instead?

If I've got time I'll head over smile I will be equipment-less though, but I'd love to watch whatever is happening

hollsnewbie
2 posts

Posted:
hullo! I've been doing poi for a little while, but am mostly on my own as my poi-ing friends have all moved down south. Now the nice weathers come I'd really like to get out and do some poi with folks - and learn some new stuff (i'm a slow learner without someone to watch!). I know you guys meet at cam-circus, but what day and time is that?

veteran
1,286 posts

Posted:
wow i can answer all 3 querstions with one reply

Ready??

CamCircus is every sunday (more or less) from 5:00-8:00:
5:00-6:00 is beginners, so if you want to go and learn to juggle ec go then, saying that if you want to learn poi we don't usuall arrive untilk about 5:30/6:00 cos its a bit hectic....and we're lazy.

its £3 a week, pay when you go, and don't when you don't...its a simple system wink we're all lovely huggy people, so if ya nervous don;t worry, we don't bite unless you ask really really nicely. you can learn a whole range of things: juggling, poi, staff, diabolo, devil stick, trapeze (get there at 5:00 for that one and wear comfortable clothing...the kind you;d normally wear for gym) Unicycle, balencing things on your face (one of my favourites) Hat tricks, and you can even try the backwards bicycle if you dare!!!

if you have no equipment, there are 5 huge boxes of stuff that is for all to use, and if you see someone has a toy that looks fun, don't be scared to go and ask em about it (but stick to general etiquette if it ain't your's ask first smile)

for the slightly less young of us we go to the pub, and during Cambridge university term time we go out and spin fire on midsummer common.

LazyAngelGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,895 posts

Posted:
*cough*

Written by: Camcircus website

When and where are your workshops?
On Sundays between September and June, Howard Mallett Centre, Sturton Street, Cambridge, UK. Every Sunday (except July and August), 5-6 pm Beginners Juggling, 5-6.30 pm Beginners Trapeze, 6-8 pm Main Workshop (for more experienced jugglers). Costs £1.50 for beginners, £3 for trapeze, £3 for the main session (£2.25 concessions). Look here to find the Howard Mallett.

Non-Https Image Link
[/Quote]

Because ActiveAngel sounds like a feminine deodorant

Like sex, I'm much more interesting in real life than online.

'Be the change you want to see in the world around you' - Ghandi

MotleyGOLD Member
addict
434 posts

Posted:
Ooh lots of new poiple wave, hope to see you all at camcircus soon!

Motley

LazyAngelGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,895 posts

Posted:
BTW, go down the ramp at the side of the building to get into the gym
smile
grouphug

Because ActiveAngel sounds like a feminine deodorant

Like sex, I'm much more interesting in real life than online.

'Be the change you want to see in the world around you' - Ghandi

hollsnewbie
2 posts

Posted:
Thanks Vamp, will hopefully come down this week then. Look forward to seeing you all there ( :

veteran
1,286 posts

Posted:
Right, im bored, and there are new people to meet, if you have MSN my e-male is Vampyricacid(At)hotmail(dot)com chat to me and ENTERTAIN!!! MUAHAHAHAHA..... im nice really biggrin

SamphiretteBRONZE Member
4 posts

Posted:
Well I've added you as I'm keen to get to know people before I come along smile

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
boo can't make it this sun unfortunately as have to go to chester frown

_Siege_SILVER Member
181 posts

Posted:
Oh my god, Simon! You're such an MSN [censored]!

(I'm vodka_girl1(at)hotmail(dot)com by the way!) lolsign

grouphug

Children laugh an average of 146 times a day; adults laugh an average of 4 times a day. Put more laughter in your day!!!

A few clowns short of a circus!

Damn right I'm good in bed - I can sleep for days!

MotleyGOLD Member
addict
434 posts

Posted:
 Written by: _Siege_

Oh my god, Simon! You're such an MSN censored!

This is hardly breaking news ubblol

_Siege_SILVER Member
181 posts

Posted:
Would anyone be interested in having a BBQ + drinks + silly games (i.e. super monkey ball!!) + laughing lots at my house on Saturday? (presuming the rumours about snow are unfounded!)

hug

Children laugh an average of 146 times a day; adults laugh an average of 4 times a day. Put more laughter in your day!!!

akgraphicsSILVER Member
133 posts

Posted:
Seige! I'm well up for saturday smile Cos its my BIRTHDAY! YAY! i mean oh no! I'm no longer a teenager frown I can only stay during the day though, cos I've got a firetroupe committee meeting in the evening (on my birthday and all! lol ... there'll be a chocolate fountain though ... we have the best committee meetings EVER.)

ALSO tonight, we're having an impromptu spin and picnic in midsummer common, starting from 8. We'll be providing paraffin, you bring friends, food, beer, cake, musical instruments. Nothing formal just turn up and make friends! Look for people spinning stuff to find us, I have no idea where in the common we'll end up. My name is Aran everyone I havn't met: nice to meet you all! I hope you can come tonight, and if not, I'll see you lot on sunday biggrin

PS/ I'm adding you ALL to messenger mwahaha ... though I'm one of those annoying people who's status is ALWAYS set to 'busy' - but that really means I'm in my room pottering around, not looking at my computer ... though it will *bing!* at me when you talk! yay for technology smile

charliejugglernewbie
5 posts

Posted:
Hi peeps.

I talked to Dev Kev at BJC about the possibility of coming up and teaching a workshop to people in Cambridge - he's up for it and I'm just firming up the details. So....could people email me if they're interested (it would either be during the main session or for a couple of hours on Sun afternoon, and would be cheap i.e. a couple of quid at most). Also, what would people like to learn? I'm assuming poi or staff, but let me know! Email me at charlie (at) juggler (dot) net.

Cheers

Charlie
Camcircus

akgraphicsSILVER Member
133 posts

Posted:
Rellizate ... we already had an american chap called Duncan come with his Mum smile that's not you is it? Did you make it? Sorry I didn't reply, I don't check HOP enough!

There'll be more random spinning BBQ sunny event i hope!

akgraphicsSILVER Member
133 posts

Posted:
Wow theres a cake on my name! oh dear I'd better get to bed :P sorry we missed you Rellizate, hopefully see you soon!

_Siege_SILVER Member
181 posts

Posted:
Happy Birthday Aran!! beerchug

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
so is this fire spinning tonight on midsummers common ?

_Siege_SILVER Member
181 posts

Posted:
It's BBQ at mine tonight, camcircus and fire tomorrow wink

akgraphicsSILVER Member
133 posts

Posted:
Can you let me know if you want me to bring any implements'o'fire / fuel? It's not a firetroupe night so if no-one says otherwise I won't be lugging it all from Madingley Road! (though doing that every sunday last term has made me buff ... i wish rolleyes )

MotleyGOLD Member
addict
434 posts

Posted:
Must be the first time in over a year the Cambridge thread dropped off the front page spank Cambridge hoppers wakey wakey biggrin

wave

Winged AvengerSILVER Member
The official Emma Peel wannabe
226 posts

Posted:
Hey cams people!

thank you for looking after me last week and the directions to the station - good to know I can stumble from juggling - to pub - to station and be in one piece!

Really great to meet all the new and lovely people! It must be nearly time to bump the Strawberry Fair thread - yaaaaay!

"Always keep your bowler on in times of stress and watch out for diabolical masterminds" - Emma Peel

Page: ......