Page: ......
Georgemember
3 posts

Posted:
Are there any other pyro types living in sleepy 'ol Cambridge these days?
Whats there to do in terms of fire spinning? Anyone want to meet up sometime and find out?

SymBRONZE Member
Geek-enviro-hippy priest
1,858 posts

Posted:
I pay over £100/month less than that, but I'm with 3 other people so it might bring the price down.

I will keep my eyes open for something for you smile

There's too many home fires burning and not enough trees

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
that was living with three other people smile

Gayle......!SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
Matt could you ask somebody from Cambridge to get you some rental pages from the local paper or can you find something on rightmove???

That way you could crash with Guy and Sym for a bit whilst you get somewhere. I would say that i thought that £430pcm was a bit much even in Cambridge.

Also maybe a recommendation on where are the "better" places to live so you don't end up in a total hell hole.

so, where are the plans for "poi on the punt"?

Gayle.....!

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
yeah I am sure there will be something cheaper that turns up . . .

it will all be good smile hug

LazyAngelGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,895 posts

Posted:
Matt: you could look for places outside Cambridge in the villages, will probably be cheaper than in town thanks to commuting yuppies angry
Dodgy places in cambridge: used to be Cherry Hinton but now it's all about the Arbury and King's Hedges so watch out for those. I have a few mates (like Sym!) who live on/ just off Cherry Hinton Road, so any properties there might be worth a look, also Hill's Road might have something

Poi in the Punt: the ideas so far:

Simon-
Punting up to grantchester meddows, then a picnic/BBQ with spinny fun, punting back then goin for an evening spin with the firey goodness.

I was wondering if we ought to rent some punts out for the night and then head down to Grantchester on punts with candles for a fire spinny evening. Might work out cheaper, and we wouldn't have to take the punts back til morning. Also if we're in Grantchester I can probably take some people back to mine if they need to crash/ drink tea or coffee in the morning.

downside is bringing punts back with a hangover and maybe having problems with punting at night for non-cambridgians (I'm sure someone will ask where the outboard motor is). Also the possibility that people will resist the thought of doling out cash for punts.

My second thought was just to try and organise a big old meet in Grantchester meadows, with BBQs and all that and firespinning in the evening. We could have a punting workshop in the afternoon, I could go and ask about deals for lots of people in punts from the various stations. That way people willing to punt can go, others can just hang around?

My third thought is to take everyone down to Parker's Piece in the afternoon for a mass busking session so that we can get some money for punting.

Further thoughts include the fact that there is car parking near grantchester meadows, but that in the meadows the grass is all clumpy, compared to the nice flat trim of lammas land (maybe we should hit the picnic area in the afternoon instead) but then if we get enough people to wander around a space in the meadows it'll flatten out anyway

Spinning in Grantchester Meadows: it's like being in the countryside with a city round the corner.

Any other ideas, anyone?

Because ActiveAngel sounds like a feminine deodorant

Like sex, I'm much more interesting in real life than online.

'Be the change you want to see in the world around you' - Ghandi

MotleyGOLD Member
addict
434 posts

Posted:
We really need to find out how much its gonna cost before we plan anything. But Granchester is definatly the way to go, the other routes just dont cut it compared to that. As long as theres punts and spinning Im not really too bothered how it goes down. I think hiring punts over night sounds expensive to be honest, better to have an afternoon on the punts with a stop at Granchester and a spin and then head to pp for a burn I think

MotleyGOLD Member
addict
434 posts

Posted:
Right you slackers, whos around this weekend, I'm probably heading back to Cambridge tomorrow (saturday) and will stay for sunday as well probably

Hopefully its gonna be sunny

hugs all round
EDITED_BY: Motley (1146243795)

LazyAngelGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,895 posts

Posted:
Karen and I'll be here!!
hug

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
I am visiting on thursday and then onto Clapham bounce

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
ok so which squaresa are good which are bad . . . THe job is to the north west of the city in Over so I guess living that direction would be better, unless it isn't the place to live

https://www.brettward.co.uk/canb/cambmap.htm

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
Okey dok, abceinya soon smile

VampyricAcidSILVER Member
veteran
1,286 posts

Posted:
Thats Right Gentlepeople, The Glorious ME Is Coming Back To Cambridge!!!!!

WOOOOOHOOOOOOOO who's out this sunday?? I WANNA SPIIIIIN!!!

Proudly Owned By The BMVC

Are You Sniffing My Mitten?

LazyAngelGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,895 posts

Posted:
Might be about if I get back from Gayle's in time. But there should be some other new poiple turning up who I met recently..

Was talking to Sym about organising a mid week meet on Wednesday seeing as we have so much daylight now: we could meet somewhere for a daytime spin at 5:30/6pm say parker's piece or Jesus green, with the possibility of fire later..

About Poi in the Punt: I was talking to Tom about it, we reckoned that mid August would be the best time to organise it, but we might need to put a limit on numbers. Suggestions so far:

Daytime:
punting up to Grantchester, having a bit of a spin, maybe a pint at the local pub, then going back to the millpond. Likely cost of punting- c. £6 each (that would be for several hours and provided each punt has 6 people in it) I still need to chat to the dude at the Granta to see whether we can get a discount if we make a large booking, but I need to get an idea of numbers first. I reckon if we have about 24- 30 people total that should be about doable, I reckon I can fit
about 20 people at mine if I can get mum and dad out the house for the night..

Evening:
finding a spot where we can go to spin (have a BBQ maybe) and hang out for the evening. I reckon Grantchester meadows would be a good place to avoid hassle and be able to have a BBQ. It's also not too far from my house so would be easier to put people up/ get supplies.

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
Sounds like a great plan for poi in the punt smile keep up the good work Guy...

Guy/Sym/Simon : I have sent you boys an email about accomodation dealies. . . could have a think for me cheers

MotleyGOLD Member
addict
434 posts

Posted:
 Written by: LazyAngel

Might be about if I get back from Gayle's in time. But there should be some other new poiple turning up who I met recently..

You better be back in time mad bounce2 Ooh, new poiple, cooooool, at this rate parkers piece wont be big enough and we'll have to find a new venue ubblol ubblol

Was talking to Sym about organising a mid week meet on Wednesday seeing as we have so much daylight now: we could meet somewhere for a daytime spin at 5:30/6pm say parker's piece or Jesus green, with the possibility of fire later..

I disallow it on the grounds that I cant go ubbcrying

About Poi in the Punt: I was talking to Tom about it, we reckoned that mid August would be the best time to organise it, but we might need to put a limit on numbers. Suggestions so far:

Daytime:
punting up to Grantchester, having a bit of a spin, maybe a pint at the local pub, then going back to the millpond. Likely cost of punting- c. £6 each (that would be for several hours and provided each punt has 6 people in it) I still need to chat to the dude at the Granta to see whether we can get a discount if we make a large booking, but I need to get an idea of numbers first. I reckon if we have about 24- 30 people total that should be about doable, I reckon I can fit
about 20 people at mine if I can get mum and dad out the house for the night..

Evening:
finding a spot where we can go to spin (have a BBQ maybe) and hang out for the evening. I reckon Grantchester meadows would be a good place to avoid hassle and be able to have a BBQ. It's also not too far from my house so would be easier to put people up/ get supplies.

Sounds grand, we can probably get a few people at my parents house in the spare room plus room for 1 tent in the garden providing my dads garden transformation hasnt progressed too far by then

Hopefully see you all on sunday hug

afghan_bingoSILVER Member
116 posts

Posted:
im up for any g-meadows meeting and any other meetings for that matter, im mobile so i can do anywhere. gimme a shout

we were somewhere near barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

LazyAngelGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,895 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Motley

Make another suggestion then!

Matt: things not work out with those lads then?

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
nope, they were preferably after a girl, and they found one which is fair enough I am sure that it will all work out fine though....

19 days till I start work how scary is that.... I also only 42 days to make ALOT of staffs ubblol

Gayle......!SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:

You better be back in time mad bounce2 Ooh, new poiple, cooooool, at this rate parkers piece wont be big enough and we'll have to find a new venue ubblol ubblol

angry spank

He'll be back when he's back! Not letting him go without a fight! wink ubblol

Gayle.....!

MotleyGOLD Member
addict
434 posts

Posted:

Make another suggestion then!

Matt: things not work out with those lads then?

Hehe only kidding m8 biggrin, weekdays are out of the question for me either way, tis a good idea actually smile

Gayle - I'll contact-rizla-race you for him ubblol ubblol

VampyricAcidSILVER Member
veteran
1,286 posts

Posted:
im up for a wednesday meet, some days i might not be there at the start cos of work, but im up for it definatly!!

as for PITP i like it, its a v good idea, just a thought, what do we do with the punts once we're all pissed/pingponged??

Proudly Owned By The BMVC

Are You Sniffing My Mitten?

LazyAngelGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,895 posts

Posted:
oh we'll be ok - i've done that before!

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
I'm moving to Cambridge next week everyone! bounce hug biggrin ubblove bounce2 kiss sunny heart

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

MotleyGOLD Member
addict
434 posts

Posted:
 Written by: jo_rhymes

I'm moving to Cambridge next week everyone! bounce hug biggrin ubblove bounce2 kiss sunny heart

YAY!!!! hug cool hug cool hug bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2 grouphug sunny sunny ubblove biggrin ubblove biggrin

roarfireSILVER Member
comfortably numb
2,676 posts

Posted:

My second thought was just to try and organise a big old meet in Grantchester meadows, with BBQs and all that and firespinning in the evening. We could have a punting workshop in the afternoon, I could go and ask about deals for lots of people in punts from the various stations. That way people willing to punt can go, others can just hang around?

I like this thought. A workshop would be great seeing as though I might be there and the only thing I know about punting is a picture Jo sent me the other day! ubblol redface

Any news on a date yet?

biggrin

.All things are beautiful if we take the time to look.

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
Stephy!! hug come to Cambridge and stay with us! I'll look after you!! bounce

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

LazyAngelGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,895 posts

Posted:
Woohoo!! we get a Jo! bounce

roarfire: so far we're thinking mid august. I have a free house then so there should be room for twenty or so people if they're willing to get cosy..

Winged AvengerSILVER Member
The official Emma Peel wannabe
226 posts

Posted:
Hooray! Jo is coming Jo is coming!

hug ubbrollsmile hug

And Skinky is definately an improvement on Lemsip. Everyone is coming back to Cambridge. Yay!

(now is the time to drink your weak lemon drink.....I am the hobby-king.. ohahahahahahahaha!)

"Always keep your bowler on in times of stress and watch out for diabolical masterminds" - Emma Peel

MotleyGOLD Member
addict
434 posts

Posted:
3am *ring ring*... *ring ring*.. "Hello?"

"Hello... Norris McWhirter.. What is the biggest leaf?"

ubblol

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
When be Poi in the Punt? smile

And has Jo told anyone the filthy dirt limmerick she made about it? (which I had nothing to do with ubbangel )

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

Page: ......