Page: ......
Georgemember
3 posts

Posted:
Are there any other pyro types living in sleepy 'ol Cambridge these days?
Whats there to do in terms of fire spinning? Anyone want to meet up sometime and find out?

LazyAngelGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,895 posts

Posted:
well, we are open to suggestions, so maybe if you tell us what time would suit you we can organise a extra meet round that?

P.S just had an offer from China, waiting to get confirmation on departure date eek

Because ActiveAngel sounds like a feminine deodorant

Like sex, I'm much more interesting in real life than online.

'Be the change you want to see in the world around you' - Ghandi

MotleyGOLD Member
addict
434 posts

Posted:
 Written by: LazyAngel

P.S just had an offer from China, waiting to get confirmation on departure date eek

Nice one mate! see you sunday?

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
ooh well done Guy!!

and as you lot seem to be so crap at checking the poi in the punt thread, i guess i'll have to post this here.

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

MotleyGOLD Member
addict
434 posts

Posted:
 Written by: jo_rhymes

ooh well done Guy!!

and as you lot seem to be so crap at checking the poi in the punt thread, i guess i'll have to post this here.

YAY Jo, thats so coool biggrin:D

*runs of to check poi in the punt thread*

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
you dont have to check the poi in the punt thread. i posted it there anyway!! spank

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

LazyAngelGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,895 posts

Posted:
Nice one, jo! hug biggrin

we won't be about on sunday cos we're going to Bath to look at the Avenger exhibition at the costume museum rolleyes wink

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
oh cool!! have a good time!! hug

VampyricAcidSILVER Member
veteran
1,286 posts

Posted:
as of next week, CamCircus is back inside in the same place as last time

Proudly Owned By The BMVC

Are You Sniffing My Mitten?

charliejugglernewbie
5 posts

Posted:
Yep, that's right - more details at www.camcircus.org. We've got a huuuge hall, lots of toys (including some sock poi and staffs (staves??)), a stereo and lots of friendly types. We'll be indoors every Sunday now until July 2007, apart from a few public holidays.

Cheers

Charlie

LazyAngelGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,895 posts

Posted:
*bumpity bump*

Ok you'd better all be about tomorrow, because I've got a cold and I want to infect you all! Mwahahaha! (can you tell the medication is making me a bit odd? wink )

more to the point, I've got less than a month in the UK, so I need to see as much of you guys as I can before I leave! grouphug

If the weather's really lovely tomorrow I think i might head to Parker's Piece

SymBRONZE Member
Geek-enviro-hippy priest
1,858 posts

Posted:
 Written by: LazyAngel

can you tell the medication is making me a bit odd?

Yeah I've thought that for about a year now...

Oh wait, erm, yeah, erm wink ubbangel

Aww, I miss you guys frown I'm not living in my new house yet so no where feels like home at all.

ubbidea Wait! I'll be in Harlow tomorrow actually, so if I can find a place to stay I might be able to come along tomorrow evening! biggrin *sends emails to people*

hug

There's too many home fires burning and not enough trees

LazyAngelGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,895 posts

Posted:
yay! biggrin

DanDrumnewbie
10 posts

Posted:
Hi all, and especially hi to Guy, Amanda?, Tom and Simon who I met for the first time this Sunday on Parkers Piece/peace (whatever!!!). Thanks for the lessons and I hope you enjoyed the drumming/didge. Looking forward to coming next week.

Your all just jealous cos the little voices only talk to me!!!

MotleyGOLD Member
addict
434 posts

Posted:
Its Karen biggrin not sure where you got Amanda from confused

It so should be parkers peace peace lol ubblol

Was good to meet you too, look forward to seeing you guys again next week

Tom

LazyAngelGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,895 posts

Posted:
Yeah last weekend was cool. biggrin I'll bring my drum and didge next weekend biggrin

VampyricAcidSILVER Member
veteran
1,286 posts

Posted:
howdy dan, yay more peoples!!!!!

Proudly Owned By The BMVC

Are You Sniffing My Mitten?

akgraphicsSILVER Member
133 posts

Posted:
Hey cambridge people, I'm starting at Churchill college next saturday, quite scared really about leaving home etc. and all my friends. Usual boo-hoo student story really frown so I won't bore you. What I would like to know is how I can meet up with you guys for some spinning practise? I checked out the camcricus link on the previous page, but it seemed to be broken.

I really want to carry on spinning staff and doubles whilst at Cambridge. I'd love to meet all you wonderful people!

(Also trying to figure out how to store my staffs in my dorm room without stinking the place out with paraffin!)

MotleyGOLD Member
addict
434 posts

Posted:
wave AK welcome to HoP/Cambridge biggrin the camcircus link is working fine for me, may have been temporarily down when you tried it I guess confused.

You will find us every sunday either on parkers piece (weather permitting) or at camcircus from about 5:30 PM til whenever. So just turn up and join in! i'll pm you my contact details so you can find out where we are before you come.

Motley weavesmiley

LazyAngelGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,895 posts

Posted:
wave hello! YAY! more spinny people coming to Cambridge!

You're staying in a dormitory? wow, I that stopped at uni: ah, the luxuries of a single room! I don't know if you have a bag for you staves, but a fishing rod/hockey bag usually works well, and make sure you cover the heads in lots of plastic bags with a knot to make sure they stay on. You may want to keep them somewhere out of the way, I know uni admin can get a bit funny about the whole 'paraffin indoors' thing!

akgraphicsSILVER Member
133 posts

Posted:
Lots of plastic bags will have to be the way forward! Hehe I can't wait to start spinning again! I've had no time since I've had to start the hectic process of packing - I'm still working full time! rah...

SymBRONZE Member
Geek-enviro-hippy priest
1,858 posts

Posted:
Hey guys!

hug

I will be coming to Cambs on the 6th/7th weekend - we're having a family do so my Dad and sister are looking for a place to stay as well as Jo and I. If anyone has some floor space for us two and/or ideas for the other 2 could you let me know? I have a few options, but none of them as nice as you guys smile

hug

There's too many home fires burning and not enough trees

akgraphicsSILVER Member
133 posts

Posted:
Ooh I don't know about putting people up in my uni accomodation. You should try https://www.couchsurfing.com/
though - never tried it myself, but heard good things from people who have.

I've tracked down

https://www.capoeira-cambridge.co.uk/

and am thinking of going along, once all the hecticness of freshers week dies down. Is anyone up for coming too? Does anyone already go, and know how much is costs? It's a shame theres no dedicated university society for spinning or capoeira. I met Ed the other night, who just finished Cambridge, and he didn't give the Cambridge juggling society a glowing review really. Hopefully Camcircus is where its at! I can't wait!

LazyAngelGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,895 posts

Posted:
biggrin YAY! Sym and Jo! I might be able to put up a couple of people at my house: there's the double bed downstairs and we might be able to clear out the spare room: I just have to check what's going on that weekend. Is it both nights or just the one you need?

be great to see you two again hug hug

akgraphics: I've spoken to the capoeira people before they seem really nice, but I've never really had a chance to go: I wanted to this summer but due to strange working hours I couldn't go. Simon might be up for it though.

Generally, martial arts (in my experience) lessons tend to be about £5/ session or less if you pay for a term in advance. So I'd be expecting that at least, but your best bet would be to send an e-mail to them. Would love to go with you but I'm leaving for china soon, so I guess I'll see you next weekend!

akgraphicsSILVER Member
133 posts

Posted:
Yay! I can't go this coming sunday (2 days time?) as it clashes with a meal with my "cambridge parents" meal (gotta love it! my mums the same age as me, and we have one big lovely tri-ethnic family!). But the next week I shall definately be along. Are the any random places during the week people congregate to spin around Cambridge?

Ulp ... last night at home before I go tomorrow morn!

LazyAngelGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,895 posts

Posted:
parker's piece, jesus green, the millpond. But they're only really busy in the summer, and in the evening can get a bit dodge. I heard rumors about a meet on jesus green firing up again though..

MotleyGOLD Member
addict
434 posts

Posted:
wave All, I just uploaded a few pics from alst week to my gallery if anyones interested biggrin

See you all tomorrow hug

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
Yup I saw them as you were uploading them, good shots Tom

see you tomrrow,

will be out somewhere tonight if anyones outand about not sure where yet . . .

MotleyGOLD Member
addict
434 posts

Posted:
Ooh let me know i might pop down for a pint or two biggrin

Winged AvengerSILVER Member
The official Emma Peel wannabe
226 posts

Posted:
Yay...Jo and Sym are coming soon. Jo better get better (?) cos I want to give you both mega hugs!

Sorry about not coming to the Regal guys but we'll def see you later. I guess we'll be at the hall due to smelly weather.

2 weeks until Guy goes ubbcrying

"Always keep your bowler on in times of stress and watch out for diabolical masterminds" - Emma Peel

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
aww hug

I think we're coming up at the weekend to celebrate Sym's grandparents' something anniversary,..ruby maybe? i forget! xxx

Page: ......