• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 200.00 credit to your HoP account.

Page: 1...2324252627...35
George
Total posts: 3
Posted:Are there any other pyro types living in sleepy 'ol Cambridge these days?
Whats there to do in terms of fire spinning? Anyone want to meet up sometime and find out?

VampyricAcid
VampyricAcid

veteran
Total posts: 1286
Posted:i wouldnt say no smile
i loved having my little class to teach smile

Proudly Owned By The BMVC

Are You Sniffing My Mitten?

Matty_B
Matty_B

veteran
Total posts: 1314
Posted:Sorry couldn't make it . . . really did want to, unfortunately work is on top of me at the moment . . . I am away with work for the next two sundays with work unfortunately.. .. so hopefully see you lot after that ...

_Siege_
_Siege_

Total posts: 181
Posted:Thanks for a good night guys. Had muchus funnus! Cheers Simon for all the lessons - I've been doing my homework tonight!!! smile

Looking forward to next weekend now.......

Children laugh an average of 146 times a day; adults laugh an average of 4 times a day. Put more laughter in your day!!!

A few clowns short of a circus!

Damn right I'm good in bed - I can sleep for days!

akgraphics
akgraphics

Total posts: 133
Posted:Fire Meet
Midsummer Common (by the lampost in the middle)
Sunday 4th February
9pm - 11pm
Paraffin supplied (2 / cake / hugs / chocolate contributions to cover costs would be appreciated muchly)

Everyone enjoyed last week's fire spin, and there's been enough demand to make this a weekly gathering. Once again, fire troupe poi, staff, paraffin, buckets, and fire safety equipment will be supplied, but please feel free to bring your own, and wrap up warm! Oh yes, lots of shiny glow toys available for playing with too. Again, contributions will help us expand our toy-chest, as well as buy batteries to keep things shining.

See you out there, or at Camcircus beforehand.

Aran
http://firetroupe.org
br>

PS. Please note that Fire Troupe is not affiliated with Cambridge Community Circus.

PPS. If you were there last week, we had two wonderful photographers with us, Claude and Zoe. Their photos have been uploaded to Claude's excellent website (just scroll down and there should be two thumbnails called 'Prometheus Fire Troupe') :

http://www.cantabphotos.com/
br>
I'll be updating our website with the new pictures as soon as I shovel my way out of the pile of work which seems to have accumulated around me. Help!

Winged Avenger
Winged Avenger

The official Emma Peel wannabe
Total posts: 226
Posted:Hi Cam folk

Have given Guy all your hugs. He is currently out spinning in the streets of Yangshuo as he's found an aussie staffer - things never change!

Having an awesome time. Just over jetlag now so getting on with having fun and spinning in front of gorgeous mountains! Of course so not the same as the wilds of Jesus Green! lol

Hope to see you all soon for hugs and many happy drinks- and a spin!

Love you - from China

"Always keep your bowler on in times of stress and watch out for diabolical masterminds" - Emma Peel

VampyricAcid
VampyricAcid

veteran
Posted:yaaaaay glad to hear you got there ok, and found him alright tongue

WE WANT PHOTOS WE WANT PHOTOS

Winged Avenger
Winged Avenger

The official Emma Peel wannabe
Total posts: 226
Posted:Photos will follow - many of Guy spinning in the amazing landscape and in chinese bars - and teaching poi to the chinese. lol - maybe we'll do something non-spinney lol -only joking.

We wen on a bamboo raft, went to some amazing mountains - Matty B should def come out for climbinh here! Its great - don't want to leave! - esp without my man!

"Always keep your bowler on in times of stress and watch out for diabolical masterminds" - Emma Peel

Jonno
Jonno

Total posts: 8
Posted:Hey Cambridge! this is Lowestoft calling.. just wondered if there's anyone that lives this general direction that knows if there's any Poi clubs or Circus Skills workshops in my area??
I'm trying to learn at the moment, but i learn better from practical experiance rather than books and DVD's..
Plus i'm also thinking of approaching the local council about the poss of letting some fire spinners on the beach at some of their festivals this year.. would be good in the summer months to get a few fire spinners spread out on the beach as the fireworks go up. Anyone that can help me learn, or is interested in my council thingy.. get in touch with me at john@justjonno.co.uk or msn jad_gsw@hotmail.com.. would be nice to talk to fellow, more experianced Poi spinners smile

thanks guys.. may your flames never die, and your spinners never tire smile

J

"Chaos? panic? disorder?.. my work here is done..."
"Very funny Scotty, now beam down my clothes.."

akgraphics
akgraphics

Posted:Hiya everyone,

Tomorrow night is our weekly firespin in Midsummer Common, from 9pm - 11pm. Wrap up warm, hope to see you all there. Cost: 2.

As usual, we'll be teaching poi and staff skills (with glow, fabric and plain old sticks), supplying paraffin, firetoys, glowtoys, fire safety equipment, and people who know how to use it. Your fees of 2 help buy paraffin and new equipment, and keep these nights running (as it is, I'm gradually getting poorer and poorer every week buying paraffin - I love it, and won't stop, but it would be nice to make the money back!) Thanks guys smile

Aran

PS. If anyone has any large empty glass jars going spare, I would be happy to take them off your hands and use them to keep the Troupe poi-heads in. My room is getting rather smelly.

PPS. I'll post these messages here, and on the Firetroupe mailing list. But when we get wind of spinning job oppurtunities, I'll only post them to the Firetroupe mailing list. You can subscribe here:

http://www.srcf.ucam.org/mailman/listinfo/firetroupe

PPPS. (How many P's can I add?) Every week I'll be posting links to spinning tutorials on the end of the firetroupe mailing list, as well as youtube videos I find, just to make my emails slightly more interesting! I know you guys already have seen it all, and have undoubtedly seen some amazing things online - if you have, and want to share, please could you let us know here, and post a link? Nearly all of the spinners that come along on fire nights aren't HOPpers, so we must spread the word! smile

Matty_B
Matty_B

veteran
Posted:Glad to hear you are having fun Karen . . .

Sorry I haven't been around recently folk .. . .work and uni work have been getting me down...

However March is nearly here and I will be free from uni work sooooo IT IS TIME TO PARTY !!!!!!

Can't wait smile

charliejuggler

Total posts: 5
Posted:Hi all,

Just a quick plug for Bungay this year: www.juggler.net/bungayballsup - 19th-28th May - as I know someone was thinking of organising Poi in the Punt around this time and you may want to do both! Fire is usually OK at BBU unless it's really really dry for months before on the farm in which case the farmer may object...certainly there will be loads of spinners there. It's a pretty chilled and relaxed event and it's run by me - so if you want to ask anything about it, please do at Camcircus one Sunday.

If you want to get an impression check out the videos in the Archive at the website above. The one from 2005 is really chilled, the two from 2006 are a bit more manic!

----
Charlie

akgraphics
akgraphics

Posted:Hi everyone, fire night as usual in Midsummer Common from 9pm - 11pm. As ever, your monetary contributions are always appreciated (no matter how wishy washy i am about collecting them).

I won't be at Camcircus tomorrow, as I have my first ever badminton match for our college 2nd team smile wish us luck - and i'll see you all in the 'common under the lamp post for 9pm - enjoy the rest of the weekend smile

VampyricAcid
VampyricAcid

veteran
Posted:Good luck man!! hope it all goes swimmingly

DiaboloSam

Total posts: 1
Posted:Just thought i'd say hi!

Matty_B
Matty_B

veteran
Posted:hi sam wavehello

Hope it doesn't rain enough that you have to swim aran . . .

VampyricAcid
VampyricAcid

veteran
Posted:I PROPOSE:

Thursday Night we go see Hot Fuzz, Tuesday Lolli can't make and Wednesday Aran and peeps can't make.

All those In favour say Aye, all those opposed Nay

ALSO:
we make tuesday nights, pub night, King Street Run, all welcome, Pool, Booze and Geekery. Commencing 27/02/07

All those In favour say Aye, all those opposed Nay

Matty_B
Matty_B

veteran
Posted:A good idea - I will be back in March . . . with no more thesis to keep me away hahaha

Hope to see you all soon . . .

Sym
Sym

Geek-enviro-hippy priest
Total posts: 1858
Posted:Aye to Thursday! biggrin

There's too many home fires burning and not enough trees

akgraphics
akgraphics

Posted:HiyOo!

I'm all for Hot Fuzz on a thursday smile what showing are we seeing? I think some peeps form my college are going for the 7:30 showing, would suit me to sync up ... though if not I'll have to choose! (aargh!)

No Fire Night this Sunday either - normal service shall resume on the 4th of March.

Well Matty it was an indoor badminton court, so it was ok smile - we won! And me and my partner won 3/3 matches against trinity - huzzah! And it made me all pumped and excitable for firespinning afterwards. I don't think I've met you yet Matty have I? Or am I being stupid (as is very very likely with me!)

But yes ... see you all on thursday hopefully!

Matty_B
Matty_B

veteran
Posted:Yup you have met me several times at Camcircus . . .

nevermind - see you all soon . . .

Rellizate
Rellizate

old hand
Total posts: 719
Posted:Yeas, I'm in cambridge. Waterbeach to be exact.:p

Matty_B
Matty_B

veteran
Posted:I know where that is . . .

_Siege_
_Siege_

Posted:AYE!!! I'm up for making Tuesdays pub night beerchug
I'd probably be there even if you guys weren't!! lolsign

Children laugh an average of 146 times a day; adults laugh an average of 4 times a day. Put more laughter in your day!!!

VampyricAcid
VampyricAcid

veteran
Posted:ok....umm, it has been brought to my attention that tuesdays may not be a good night, but considering how successful thursday was, i say we have thursday drinkies instead smile

_Siege_
_Siege_

Posted:What's wrong with Tuesdays? Not that it matters, I can make it any night except Wednesday anyway so that's cool. beerchug

Matty_B
Matty_B

veteran
Posted:All sounds good to me . . . .

akgraphics
akgraphics

Posted:I may be seeing you !!CRUSTY JUGGLERS!! on sunday smile

sorry matt! i was trying to match your HOP avatar to anyone I'd met but i've an awful memory ... (as you've seen ... do'h!) Sorry smile

Motley
Motley

addict
Total posts: 434
Posted:Hi Aran, How did Sunday go?

Hopefully see one or two of you lovely people at the pub tonight.

Matt & Karen are we still doing something this weekend or is it a bit late to organise now, I've been a bit slack lately but we really should organise something soon!!

hug to all

Matty_B
Matty_B

veteran
Posted:What are the plans for the pub ?

And ofcourse we are still doing something this weekend - how could you possibly forget tutututut

Motley
Motley

addict
Total posts: 434
Posted:I didnt forget, I just didnt know if it was gonna happen cos I hadnt heard anything for a while. Whats the plan?

We'll be going to the king street run tonight, thats about the limit of the plans as far as I know :P

Page: 1...2324252627...35