Page: ......
Georgemember
3 posts

Posted:
Are there any other pyro types living in sleepy 'ol Cambridge these days?
Whats there to do in terms of fire spinning? Anyone want to meet up sometime and find out?

VampyricAcidSILVER Member
veteran
1,286 posts

Posted:
ooooh yay a new cambridge person!! yay the more the merrier!! we normally go to Camcircus (https://www.camcircus.org/)

Proudly Owned By The BMVC

Are You Sniffing My Mitten?

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
I am up for Camcircus this week too .. as I am no longer away . . . so will see peeps there . . .

Maybe up for something on fri/sat night too depending on how work is going . . .

and hello to you Lolli maybe meet you soon ....

lollipurple penguin- soon to be
478 posts
Location: playing with the pixies at the arsse end of the mi...

Posted:

Whooop! biggrin

hey guys wave thanx for your loveliness responses. I will (fingers crossed) be in Cambridge in a couple of weeks time and if youll have me, will have to come join you at Camcircus some point soon. ubbrollsmile

Keep smiling and happy playing
Lolli xx

My spelling wobbles. its very good spelling but it wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong place

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
So how come you maybe coming to Cambridge ? New Job ?

hug

JamesandpieBRONZE Member
stranger
12 posts

Posted:
I was hoping to come along to CamCircus for the first time this Sunday to spin staff. Should I aim for 6oclock for the main session? and will there be somewhere to spin fire afterwards?

SymBRONZE Member
Geek-enviro-hippy priest
1,858 posts

Posted:
I'm going to be in Cambridge on (Tuesday) the 30th of the month...I guess I'll be there for a day or two. Who wants to meet for a spin and or a drink?

There's too many home fires burning and not enough trees

veteran
1,286 posts

Posted:
hey, yeah come along, we'll be there!!

and sym, im around, let me know

I propose we have the first Poi in the Punt meeting tonight aswell, me and guy have been chatting about it and we have an idea.

also its a lovely day, who feels up for a fire spin??
EDITED_BY: VampyricAcid (1169388254)

_Siege_SILVER Member
181 posts

Posted:
Hey Lolli! - Yeah I'm officially in Cambridge now. Would be very cool to see you when you get down here!

Sym - I will be very happy to join you for a drink and spin. ubbrollsmile

Children laugh an average of 146 times a day; adults laugh an average of 4 times a day. Put more laughter in your day!!!

A few clowns short of a circus!

Damn right I'm good in bed - I can sleep for days!

lollipurple penguin- soon to be
478 posts
Location: playing with the pixies at the arsse end of the mi...

Posted:

Hey hey Mister Matty B,

apologies for the delayed response, my bad!
I have a nu job indeed, in fact my first real job after finishing uni - much scariness HOWEVER you all seem lovely so in the same breath am very much looking forward to it, plus Cambridge seems gorgeous a city! - hurrah!

Siege- Awsome girl! pm to ya hun, would be great to see you again biggrin

Lolli x

My spelling wobbles. its very good spelling but it wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong place

LazyAngelGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,895 posts

Posted:
yay new peeps! see you in may sometime..

grouphug

Because ActiveAngel sounds like a feminine deodorant

Like sex, I'm much more interesting in real life than online.

'Be the change you want to see in the world around you' - Ghandi

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
Thats cool thats why I moved hear back in June, I am still not quite out of Uni - hopefully soon - though have had a proper job since June . . is going well..

It will be nice to know a few more people around cambs...

There should be a night out at the beginning of March too, if people are up for it . . .

firepowernewbie
1 post

Posted:
hey guys. i liv in st. neots!!! there aint no1 here that spins fire... I NEED 2 FIND FIRE SPINNERS!!! if ur near st neots *cambridgshire* then PLEASE email me... damien_beals@yahoo.co.uk id love 2 meet ne1 near my area that can pass on nolage n help me learn more stuff. is there gatherings anywere duz any1 kno? plz email me as i wont b able 2 visit here much *work computer*. take care all smile

akgraphicsSILVER Member
133 posts

Posted:
Hey guys, here's a message I just posted to the Camcircus mailing list:

Hello everyone!

After CamCircus this sunday, we'll be having a wee firespin in Midsummer Common - please come and bring your friends, to watch or participate! We plan to light up around 9pm - enough time to grab a drink in the pub if you so wish beforehand. We usually spin in the middle by the lamp-post, a little away from the paths.

We'll be providing fire poi and staff for those in need, as well as paraffin (if possible, a couple of quid contribution towards paraffin would be greatly appreciated ... my wallet will love you!). Present shall also be a fire extinguisher and lots of wet grass to roll in smile

See you sunday!

Aran
https://firetroupe.org

PS. Non-flammable fancy dress optional!

I hope you all can come smile

PS - what's a didge??

veteran
1,286 posts

Posted:
I had a fantastic time tonight, thanks guys and gals! cant wait to see you all next week!

akgraphicsSILVER Member
133 posts

Posted:
you're quick off the mark! Thank for coming everyone, was a great evening! I'll assume it was so fun that you guys want to fire spin weekly after camcircus?

veteran
1,286 posts

Posted:
i wouldnt say no smile
i loved having my little class to teach smile

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
Sorry couldn't make it . . . really did want to, unfortunately work is on top of me at the moment . . . I am away with work for the next two sundays with work unfortunately.. .. so hopefully see you lot after that ...

_Siege_SILVER Member
181 posts

Posted:
Thanks for a good night guys. Had muchus funnus! Cheers Simon for all the lessons - I've been doing my homework tonight!!! smile

Looking forward to next weekend now.......

Children laugh an average of 146 times a day; adults laugh an average of 4 times a day. Put more laughter in your day!!!

A few clowns short of a circus!

Damn right I'm good in bed - I can sleep for days!

akgraphicsSILVER Member
133 posts

Posted:
Fire Meet
Midsummer Common (by the lampost in the middle)
Sunday 4th February
9pm - 11pm
Paraffin supplied (£2 / cake / hugs / chocolate contributions to cover costs would be appreciated muchly)

Everyone enjoyed last week's fire spin, and there's been enough demand to make this a weekly gathering. Once again, fire troupe poi, staff, paraffin, buckets, and fire safety equipment will be supplied, but please feel free to bring your own, and wrap up warm! Oh yes, lots of shiny glow toys available for playing with too. Again, contributions will help us expand our toy-chest, as well as buy batteries to keep things shining.

See you out there, or at Camcircus beforehand.

Aran
https://firetroupe.org

PS. Please note that Fire Troupe is not affiliated with Cambridge Community Circus.

PPS. If you were there last week, we had two wonderful photographers with us, Claude and Zoe. Their photos have been uploaded to Claude's excellent website (just scroll down and there should be two thumbnails called 'Prometheus Fire Troupe') :

https://www.cantabphotos.com/

I'll be updating our website with the new pictures as soon as I shovel my way out of the pile of work which seems to have accumulated around me. Help!

Winged AvengerSILVER Member
The official Emma Peel wannabe
226 posts

Posted:
Hi Cam folk

Have given Guy all your hugs. He is currently out spinning in the streets of Yangshuo as he's found an aussie staffer - things never change!

Having an awesome time. Just over jetlag now so getting on with having fun and spinning in front of gorgeous mountains! Of course so not the same as the wilds of Jesus Green! lol

Hope to see you all soon for hugs and many happy drinks- and a spin!

Love you - from China

"Always keep your bowler on in times of stress and watch out for diabolical masterminds" - Emma Peel

veteran
1,286 posts

Posted:
yaaaaay glad to hear you got there ok, and found him alright tongue

WE WANT PHOTOS WE WANT PHOTOS

Winged AvengerSILVER Member
The official Emma Peel wannabe
226 posts

Posted:
Photos will follow - many of Guy spinning in the amazing landscape and in chinese bars - and teaching poi to the chinese. lol - maybe we'll do something non-spinney lol -only joking.

We wen on a bamboo raft, went to some amazing mountains - Matty B should def come out for climbinh here! Its great - don't want to leave! - esp without my man!

"Always keep your bowler on in times of stress and watch out for diabolical masterminds" - Emma Peel

JonnoBRONZE Member
8 posts

Posted:
Hey Cambridge! this is Lowestoft calling.. just wondered if there's anyone that lives this general direction that knows if there's any Poi clubs or Circus Skills workshops in my area??
I'm trying to learn at the moment, but i learn better from practical experiance rather than books and DVD's..
Plus i'm also thinking of approaching the local council about the poss of letting some fire spinners on the beach at some of their festivals this year.. would be good in the summer months to get a few fire spinners spread out on the beach as the fireworks go up. Anyone that can help me learn, or is interested in my council thingy.. get in touch with me at john@justjonno.co.uk or msn jad_gsw@hotmail.com.. would be nice to talk to fellow, more experianced Poi spinners smile

thanks guys.. may your flames never die, and your spinners never tire smile

J

"Chaos? panic? disorder?.. my work here is done..."
"Very funny Scotty, now beam down my clothes.."

akgraphicsSILVER Member
133 posts

Posted:
Hiya everyone,

Tomorrow night is our weekly firespin in Midsummer Common, from 9pm - 11pm. Wrap up warm, hope to see you all there. Cost: £2.

As usual, we'll be teaching poi and staff skills (with glow, fabric and plain old sticks), supplying paraffin, firetoys, glowtoys, fire safety equipment, and people who know how to use it. Your fees of £2 help buy paraffin and new equipment, and keep these nights running (as it is, I'm gradually getting poorer and poorer every week buying paraffin - I love it, and won't stop, but it would be nice to make the money back!) Thanks guys smile

Aran

PS. If anyone has any large empty glass jars going spare, I would be happy to take them off your hands and use them to keep the Troupe poi-heads in. My room is getting rather smelly.

PPS. I'll post these messages here, and on the Firetroupe mailing list. But when we get wind of spinning job oppurtunities, I'll only post them to the Firetroupe mailing list. You can subscribe here:

https://www.srcf.ucam.org/mailman/listinfo/firetroupe

PPPS. (How many P's can I add?) Every week I'll be posting links to spinning tutorials on the end of the firetroupe mailing list, as well as youtube videos I find, just to make my emails slightly more interesting! I know you guys already have seen it all, and have undoubtedly seen some amazing things online - if you have, and want to share, please could you let us know here, and post a link? Nearly all of the spinners that come along on fire nights aren't HOPpers, so we must spread the word! smile

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
Glad to hear you are having fun Karen . . .

Sorry I haven't been around recently folk .. . .work and uni work have been getting me down...

However March is nearly here and I will be free from uni work sooooo IT IS TIME TO PARTY !!!!!!

Can't wait smile

charliejugglernewbie
5 posts

Posted:
Hi all,

Just a quick plug for Bungay this year: www.juggler.net/bungayballsup - 19th-28th May - as I know someone was thinking of organising Poi in the Punt around this time and you may want to do both! Fire is usually OK at BBU unless it's really really dry for months before on the farm in which case the farmer may object...certainly there will be loads of spinners there. It's a pretty chilled and relaxed event and it's run by me - so if you want to ask anything about it, please do at Camcircus one Sunday.

If you want to get an impression check out the videos in the Archive at the website above. The one from 2005 is really chilled, the two from 2006 are a bit more manic!

----
Charlie

akgraphicsSILVER Member
133 posts

Posted:
Hi everyone, fire night as usual in Midsummer Common from 9pm - 11pm. As ever, your monetary contributions are always appreciated (no matter how wishy washy i am about collecting them).

I won't be at Camcircus tomorrow, as I have my first ever badminton match for our college 2nd team smile wish us luck - and i'll see you all in the 'common under the lamp post for 9pm - enjoy the rest of the weekend smile

veteran
1,286 posts

Posted:
Good luck man!! hope it all goes swimmingly

DiaboloSamnewbie
1 post

Posted:
Just thought i'd say hi!

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
hi sam wavehello

Hope it doesn't rain enough that you have to swim aran . . .

Page: ......