Page: 1...2021222324...35
George
Total posts: 3
Posted:Are there any other pyro types living in sleepy 'ol Cambridge these days?
Whats there to do in terms of fire spinning? Anyone want to meet up sometime and find out?

Delete Topic

Winged Avenger
Winged Avenger

The official Emma Peel wannabe
Total posts: 226
Posted:Are you guys spinning after Mid-summer common fireworks? There are always lots of spinners out then.

Let me know when and where and I'll see you there!

I maybe teaching teenagers how to spin for the council! Hooray!

"Always keep your bowler on in times of stress and watch out for diabolical masterminds" - Emma Peel

Delete

akgraphics
akgraphics

Total posts: 133
Posted:Wow! Sounds like fun - spread the skills to the world! I'm stuck in my room doing examples papers frown no spinning for me

I'll take my staff along to the fireworks show ... I don't know about paraffin though - I don't fancy keeping any - I wonder when Mackay's closes?

Delete

LazyAngel
LazyAngel

Carpal \'Tunnel
Total posts: 2895
Posted:just a word about the fireworks display: expect them to try to shut you down, even if you spin after the display on Jesus Green. Avoid fire spinning on Midsummer common: they'll bring cops down faster than you can say 'poi' eek I recommend driving in with paraffin in the boot of the car, and then getting it afterwards. There will usually be about 3+ people spinning/juggling at the end of the show. Have fun! - I wish I could be there, but I won't miss the jokes about Guy Fawkes!

and can someone tell Dixie to give my mum and dad a call about furniture, he should be working in Oddbins opposite Pizza Hut most days...

Because ActiveAngel sounds like a feminine deodorant

Like sex, I'm much more interesting in real life than online.

'Be the change you want to see in the world around you' - Ghandi

Delete

VampyricAcid
VampyricAcid

veteran
Total posts: 1286
Posted:fireworks are on the 4th on midsummer common, im gonna try to be there!!! yay

Proudly Owned By The BMVC

Are You Sniffing My Mitten?

Delete

jo_rhymes
jo_rhymes

Momma Bear
Total posts: 4525
Posted:you're part of a firetroupe and you've not spun fire? does not compute.....confused

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

Delete

Sym
Sym

Geek-enviro-hippy priest
Total posts: 1858
Posted:Awww, almost a year since I met you lot! Amazing!

AK, Make sure you spin off before lighting, and don't spin near people or the dipping area. A few of us had an experience with a firetroup that was less than safe...

Karen: For Cambridge City Council? No way! I worked there for a year and they didn't care about poi! *sulks* wink

There's too many home fires burning and not enough trees

Delete

Winged Avenger
Winged Avenger

Posted:Sym - no Colchester Borough Council.

Vampyricacid - really want to see you misfits. Is it better if I do fireworks or camcircus? Which are you lot more likely to turn up to ;0)

Lazy - will text Mr and Mrs Dixie about calling your parents. kiss

I miss Cambridge!

"Always keep your bowler on in times of stress and watch out for diabolical masterminds" - Emma Peel

Delete

VampyricAcid
VampyricAcid

veteran
Posted:and cambridge misses you!!!
DO BOTH biggrin

Delete

Matty_B
Matty_B

veteran
Total posts: 1314
Posted:Hey guys and gals,

I won't be back in Cambridge till late sunday eve, so won't be making it to wither I am afraid. . . .

Hope you guys have fun

Hope you are well Karen, will have to catch up soon, but I am a little snowed under with work at the moment...

Delete

Winged Avenger
Winged Avenger

Posted:Guy - sent a text to both Dixie and Liz-Ard so hopefully one of them give your parents a call.,

Matty B - You're forgiven - this time! I do need to catch up sometime soon though with you. If you need a hand with typing up notes I seem to have an awful lot of free time at the mo!

Everyone - come to Camcircus tonight!

Delete

VampyricAcid
VampyricAcid

veteran
Posted:I will be at Clapham this sunday, if anyone wants to join me, feel free biggrin

Delete

cHaRliE_27
Total posts: 8
Posted:hey guys iv just moved to cambridge. im at uni at aru. iv heard about meets on sunday nights on parkers piece but its well cold where do you guys go???? i need to practice.

it's not a beard, it's an animal iv trained to sit very still.

Delete

akgraphics
akgraphics

Posted:hey dude welcome to cambridge. Would you like me to add you to the Prometheus Fire Troupe mailing list? We're pretty much a group of people, and we hear of paid spinning work, and inform the mailing list, so you can get jobs. We also have practices (getting more frequently hopefully). Via the mialing list you'll be informed of potential gigs and meets.

Cambridge University Juggling Association has less emphasis on poi and staff, but I go along and make sure we're fairly represented smile it rocks, they're all really firendly.

Cambridge Community Circus is in the Kelsey Kerridge community centre on sundays - check out www.camcircus.org for an address. It's quite near Anglia Ruskin.

Hope we can meet up soon - I'm heavily involved in Fire Troupe and go to CUJA lots - catch you later!

Delete

VampyricAcid
VampyricAcid

veteran
Posted:its not in kelsey kerridge, it's in "Howard Mallett Centre, Sturton Street, Cambridge"

the majority of us in here meet there every week, its great for learning new things, and meeting new people smile i'll PM you my number and if you decide to come drop me a text and i'll guide you in, as i said im not here this weekend, but im sure someone will be

Delete

akgraphics
akgraphics

Posted:do'h sorry I'm not 100% there in the head. Apologies

Delete

LazyAngel
LazyAngel

Carpal \'Tunnel
Total posts: 2895
Posted:grouphug I have an internet connection at last (albeit a totally rubbish one)! grouphug

Because ActiveAngel sounds like a feminine deodorant

Like sex, I'm much more interesting in real life than online.

'Be the change you want to see in the world around you' - Ghandi

Delete

Jamesandpie
Jamesandpie

stranger
Total posts: 12
Posted:Hi Guys, I've just started spinning, both staff and poi. I've bought a dvd, and a couple of books to get me started. I was wondering if there are any regular classes for this kind of thing in Cambridge? Or maybe is there anybody out there willing to help me a bit every week?

Also how long does it usually take to safely progress onto using fire? AKgraphics it would be awesome if you were to add me to that mailing list if you don't mind, would be cool to keep up to date about meets in Cambridge. Thanks in advance fellow spinners! James

Delete

akgraphics
akgraphics

Posted:Heya, I'd really recommend camcircus. If you PM me your email address I'll add you. Good luck - yay for more spinners!

Delete

VampyricAcid
VampyricAcid

veteran
Posted:the best way to know when to progress to fire is when you feel ready, not when other people tell you to hav a go, remember it you that is gonna get set on fire if you mess up, not them.

www.camcircus.org <-- this is where we normally meet, with the possibility of going to parkers piece after for a burn

Delete

Motley
Motley

addict
Total posts: 434
Posted:Anyone going to camcircus tonight? I am but si is off to london so wont be able to make it. I suspect I may be the only poi spinner going tonight, someone save me from those wierd juggler types eek ubblol

Delete

akgraphics
akgraphics

Posted:I think I'll be coming tonight - I've injured my left wrist but I'll be using my right, and trying some one-handed contact, try to transcend the use of my limbs :P

will be cool to see you guys again, i havn't come since the first time you introduced me to everyone! Uni would be great but for all the work they make us do.

see you there smile

Delete

cHaRliE_27
Total posts: 8
Posted:thanks guys. yeh akg that would be great if you could ill pm you my email. so is it 5,30 at camcircus,

vampa i ll prob miss this week but def next time. ill txt u

it's not a beard, it's an animal iv trained to sit very still.

Delete

Motley
Motley

addict
Posted:Yeah 5:30 ish at camcircus I should be there around then anyway, if you need directions to howard mallet pm me your number and I'll help you find the place

Delete

Winged Avenger
Winged Avenger

Posted:Sorry I can't be there tonight, but it was wicked last week. I haven't giggled that much in forever - despite the " Don't you just hate poi" comment from the hat juggler man!

I'm leading the poi workshop tomorrow! Its madness seeing as I see myself as pretty lame at poi! Oh well - fingers crossed.

If anyone fancies a visit to Colchester next Sunday and would like to spin in a parade with me that would be great. Doing another one on Dec3rd if anyone prefers that???? - really - I think there are no other spinners in Colchester!

Delete

VampyricAcid
VampyricAcid

veteran
Posted:Hey peeps, just wonderng if anyone wants to come see the bluetones tonight, i have a spare ticket!!

if ya wanna come, my number is 07738371337

Delete

jo_rhymes
jo_rhymes

Momma Bear
Posted:Karen you are not lame at poi!! spank you rule! hug

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

Delete

Motley
Motley

addict
Posted:hug Karen, good to hear it went well smile and spank for the lame at poi comment, Jo is right, you ROCK!

hug Jo, come and see us soon we miss you and Sym!!

Delete

jo_rhymes
jo_rhymes

Momma Bear
Posted:come and see us! hug

Delete

Birgit
Birgit

had her carpal tunnel surgery already thanks v much
Total posts: 4145
Posted:wave

Hiya all! Motley's pointed me here, I'll be in Bedford for a while and might go through to Cambridge for spinning some time... like maybe on Sunday? biggrin

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

Owner of Dragosani's left half

Delete

Motley
Motley

addict
Posted:Hey Birgit bounce I will of course be around on sunday, as will vampyric acid (my bro), not sure about the others but i'll make some calls and encourage peeps to come. Theres always lots of nice juggly folk at camcircus anyway though, I'll send u a txt tomorrow to make sure you know where your going, if your unsure we can pick you up at the bus station on our way over.
EDITED_BY: Motley (1163849251)

Delete

Page: 1...2021222324...35