• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 200.00 credit to your HoP account.

Page: 1...2223242526...35
George
Total posts: 3
Posted:Are there any other pyro types living in sleepy 'ol Cambridge these days?
Whats there to do in terms of fire spinning? Anyone want to meet up sometime and find out?

Delete Topic

Winged Avenger
Winged Avenger

The official Emma Peel wannabe
Total posts: 226
Posted:Merry Christmas Cambridge Cru'!

I hope your stockings are fully of spinnable things and that you've been good boys and girls.

See you in 2007 for hugs and giggles!

"Always keep your bowler on in times of stress and watch out for diabolical masterminds" - Emma Peel

Delete

LazyAngel
LazyAngel

Carpal \'Tunnel
Total posts: 2895
Posted:Merry Christmas guys and gals!

grouphug

see you in 2007...

Because ActiveAngel sounds like a feminine deodorant

Like sex, I'm much more interesting in real life than online.

'Be the change you want to see in the world around you' - Ghandi

Delete

Winged Avenger
Winged Avenger

The official Emma Peel wannabe
Total posts: 226
Posted:Woooooooot! I got a (used) fire staff for Christmas!!

Yikes!

"Always keep your bowler on in times of stress and watch out for diabolical masterminds" - Emma Peel

Delete

akgraphics
akgraphics

Total posts: 133
Posted:happy christmas cambridge! i can't wait to get back

yay for more staffyness - i got a big red rubber ball! was very confused until i got told it was a contact juggling ball so yay!

Delete

VampyricAcid
VampyricAcid

veteran
Total posts: 1286
Posted:haooy christmas y'all

Proudly Owned By The BMVC

Are You Sniffing My Mitten?

Delete

_Siege_
_Siege_

Total posts: 181
Posted:Hi guys! wavehello

I'm going to be moving to Cambridge in the very near future (like next week I think!) and was hoping some of you lovely people would like to welcome me to the area and show me around and maybe accompany me in getting drunk beerchug and lost trying to re-find wherever I end up living!

help confused thankx

Children laugh an average of 146 times a day; adults laugh an average of 4 times a day. Put more laughter in your day!!!

A few clowns short of a circus!

Damn right I'm good in bed - I can sleep for days!

Delete

Motley
Motley

addict
Total posts: 434
Posted:Hi All, Happy New Year, sorry ive been so slack lately! New years resolution to be less so, honest biggrin

hug

Motley

Siege have you moved down yet? Camcircus is the best place to meet people, sure we could arrange a few new years drinkies at some stage as well!

Delete

cHaRliE_27
Total posts: 8
Posted:hey siege im not backa t uni till feb so am at abit of a loose end now. happy to show you around and drunkenees it a given really. i ll pm you my mobile no

it's not a beard, it's an animal iv trained to sit very still.

Delete

VampyricAcid
VampyricAcid

veteran
Posted:I've opened the challenge to the world

Delete

Newportdan

Total posts: 1
Posted:Hello all, My name is Dan, i am 20 years old and I've been around Cambridge for ages but never really bumped into many spinners. (mainly due to apathy i must admit.) do you guys meet up regularly? i cruised over to Cambridge Community circus last week which is great for my juggling needs, but no spinners? The nice man Charlie advised me i could find cambridge spinners on HOP. so here i am, waiting to be doted on with invitations of fire. I will be riding my unicycle around the mill road local later if anyone wants a race.

it would be a pleasure to make your acquaintances

Dan

Delete

Motley
Motley

addict
Total posts: 434
Posted:Hi Dan, Usually a few of us go to camcircus you just got a bad week Simon (vamp) and I had a family do and quite a lot of people are away at the moment (uni break and travelling/work etc). We'll definatly be going this sunday though so probably a good time to catch us then, look forward to seeing you there. We also have meets on parkers piece, particularly in the summer (camcircus meets there during the summer but we tend stay on PP longer for our burning needs when CC goes back inside). I'm sure there will be more stuff going on with the weather getting better as well.

Motley

Delete

_Siege_
_Siege_

Posted:I'm hopefully going to make it to Camcircus on Sunday so I hope to get to meet some of you guys (again) then! ubbrollsmile

Children laugh an average of 146 times a day; adults laugh an average of 4 times a day. Put more laughter in your day!!!

Delete

akgraphics
akgraphics

Posted:Huzzah can't wait to get back to Cambridge tomorrow morning and come again! See you all on sunday, or maybe saturday if people are going to the Circus at the Corn Exchange in the evening?

EDIT: I'm actually going to the C.S.S this evening ...d'oh!

Also

Next sunday (21st) the fire troupe will be doing a charity glow spin for the queue for a chairty club night at club 22. We could do with one more glow poi spinner - is anyone up for it? I would ask all and sundry to come, but its only a dinky little alley ...

The organiser would like spinners between 9 and 11 pm - a long time, which is why if you could come even just for a little while, we can tag each other in.

No pay, but its for a good cause smile

EDITED_BY: akgraphics (1168788332)

Delete

Matty_B
Matty_B

veteran
Total posts: 1314
Posted:I will be along to Camcircus today, to make one of those rare appearances by me. Hopefully these will increase once February is done and dusted . . .

See you all tonight

Delete

lolli
purple penguin- soon to be
Total posts: 478
Posted:
BUMP!! biggrin

Hey hey to you Cambridge based peeps.

Im likely be moving up to your neck of the woods after a brief sojourn in London and was wondering if you are having meet ups of lovely people where it might be ok if i come play?

purdy please let me know if so, would be grand to see you ubbrollsmile biggrin

Keep smiling
Lolli xx

PS: Seige, you in Cambridge now hun? oooooooooh

My spelling wobbles. its very good spelling but it wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong place

Delete

VampyricAcid
VampyricAcid

veteran
Posted:ooooh yay a new cambridge person!! yay the more the merrier!! we normally go to Camcircus (http://www.camcircus.org/)

Delete

Matty_B
Matty_B

veteran
Posted:I am up for Camcircus this week too .. as I am no longer away . . . so will see peeps there . . .

Maybe up for something on fri/sat night too depending on how work is going . . .

and hello to you Lolli maybe meet you soon ....

Delete

lolli
Posted:
Whooop! biggrin

hey guys wave thanx for your loveliness responses. I will (fingers crossed) be in Cambridge in a couple of weeks time and if youll have me, will have to come join you at Camcircus some point soon. ubbrollsmile

Keep smiling and happy playing
Lolli xx

My spelling wobbles. its very good spelling but it wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong place

Delete

Matty_B
Matty_B

veteran
Posted:So how come you maybe coming to Cambridge ? New Job ?

hug

Delete

Jamesandpie
Jamesandpie

stranger
Total posts: 12
Posted:I was hoping to come along to CamCircus for the first time this Sunday to spin staff. Should I aim for 6oclock for the main session? and will there be somewhere to spin fire afterwards?

Delete

Sym
Sym

Geek-enviro-hippy priest
Total posts: 1858
Posted:I'm going to be in Cambridge on (Tuesday) the 30th of the month...I guess I'll be there for a day or two. Who wants to meet for a spin and or a drink?

There's too many home fires burning and not enough trees

Delete

VampyricAcid
VampyricAcid

veteran
Posted:hey, yeah come along, we'll be there!!

and sym, im around, let me know

I propose we have the first Poi in the Punt meeting tonight aswell, me and guy have been chatting about it and we have an idea.

also its a lovely day, who feels up for a fire spin??

EDITED_BY: VampyricAcid (1169388254)

Delete

_Siege_
_Siege_

Posted:Hey Lolli! - Yeah I'm officially in Cambridge now. Would be very cool to see you when you get down here!

Sym - I will be very happy to join you for a drink and spin. ubbrollsmile

Delete

lolli
Posted:

Hey hey Mister Matty B,

apologies for the delayed response, my bad!
I have a nu job indeed, in fact my first real job after finishing uni - much scariness HOWEVER you all seem lovely so in the same breath am very much looking forward to it, plus Cambridge seems gorgeous a city! - hurrah!

Siege- Awsome girl! pm to ya hun, would be great to see you again biggrin

Lolli x

Delete

LazyAngel
LazyAngel

Carpal \'Tunnel
Total posts: 2895
Posted:yay new peeps! see you in may sometime..

grouphug

Because ActiveAngel sounds like a feminine deodorant

Like sex, I'm much more interesting in real life than online.

'Be the change you want to see in the world around you' - Ghandi

Delete

Matty_B
Matty_B

veteran
Posted:Thats cool thats why I moved hear back in June, I am still not quite out of Uni - hopefully soon - though have had a proper job since June . . is going well..

It will be nice to know a few more people around cambs...

There should be a night out at the beginning of March too, if people are up for it . . .

Delete

firepower

Total posts: 1
Posted:hey guys. i liv in st. neots!!! there aint no1 here that spins fire... I NEED 2 FIND FIRE SPINNERS!!! if ur near st neots *cambridgshire* then PLEASE email me... damien_beals@yahoo.co.uk id love 2 meet ne1 near my area that can pass on nolage n help me learn more stuff. is there gatherings anywere duz any1 kno? plz email me as i wont b able 2 visit here much *work computer*. take care all smile

Delete

akgraphics
akgraphics

Posted:Hey guys, here's a message I just posted to the Camcircus mailing list:

Hello everyone!

After CamCircus this sunday, we'll be having a wee firespin in Midsummer Common - please come and bring your friends, to watch or participate! We plan to light up around 9pm - enough time to grab a drink in the pub if you so wish beforehand. We usually spin in the middle by the lamp-post, a little away from the paths.

We'll be providing fire poi and staff for those in need, as well as paraffin (if possible, a couple of quid contribution towards paraffin would be greatly appreciated ... my wallet will love you!). Present shall also be a fire extinguisher and lots of wet grass to roll in smile

See you sunday!

Aran
http://firetroupe.org
br>
PS. Non-flammable fancy dress optional!

I hope you all can come smile

PS - what's a didge??

Delete

VampyricAcid
VampyricAcid

veteran
Posted:I had a fantastic time tonight, thanks guys and gals! cant wait to see you all next week!

Delete

akgraphics
akgraphics

Posted:you're quick off the mark! Thank for coming everyone, was a great evening! I'll assume it was so fun that you guys want to fire spin weekly after camcircus?

Delete

Page: 1...2223242526...35