EDITED_BY: BurningByron (1113185594)

HOW TO FLY 101:
step 1. Throw your self at the ground.
step 2. Miss.

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
what about the cost of replacing them which would come out of your taxes, and the policing cost which would also come out of your taxes?

Mistress_MaledictiHeaven doesn't want me, and Hell is afraid I'll take over
192 posts

Posted:
Buy a decent SatNav system and download the "points of interest" stuff which contains the locations of speed cameras. That way you get enough warning to slow down before you get snapped!

sin

"Abashed, the Devil stood and saw how awful Goodness is"

VixenSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,276 posts

Posted:
Maybe if you kept at the speed limit then they wouldnt be an issue for you? xxx

tHeReS gOoD aNd EvIl iN EaCh InDiViDuAl fIrE, iDeNtIfIeS nEeDs AnD fEeDs OuR dEsIrEs.

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
speed cameras are unconstitutional in the USA

-v-

Wiederstand ist Zwecklos!

Mistress_MaledictiHeaven doesn't want me, and Hell is afraid I'll take over
192 posts

Posted:
Written by: Vixen

Maybe if you kept at the speed limit then they wouldnt be an issue for you?

In an ideal world, we'd all keep to the speed limits - if only we knew for certain what they were!

On my way home from my mother's, I often get off the motorway and go home via the A5 - there's a section where it goes through a small village and the speed limit changes very quickly from 70 to 50 to 40 to 70 and back to 50 before hitting a built-up section with a 40mph limit. The speed changes are very quick and close together, and it's only because I know that particular stretch of road that I also know where the limits change. They are quite poorly signposted and I've seen quite a few people get caught out in one particular spot where you really have to look very hard to see the 50mph sign!

sin

"Abashed, the Devil stood and saw how awful Goodness is"

onewheeldaveGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,252 posts

Posted:
Written by: BurningByron

I have the passion for civil disobedience / eco terrorism....Here is one of the things I would love to try out...

one of my many jobs I have includes working with juvenile offenders. I have mentored heaps of kids with no respect for themselves, the law, their body, other people... etc. Some of the censored they do is nothing short of crazy. I reckon I could easily recruit and pay a heap of these kids to go around and collect "the guts of a speed cameras". This could be done in a completely anonymous way on the organisers part. For example for every "inards of speed cameras" they put on display in a designated public trophy area, they would be contacted to pick up $20 in a hidden spot. Many kids I've met would probably do it for $5. Anyway, word gets around among these juvenile deliquents and within a week all the speed cameras in your city will have been destroyed and you will be maybe $600 lighter but extremely satisfied. These kids get caught by the cops for doing crazy stunts on a weekly basis, beating a speed camera to oblivion is childs play for them.

And don't forget to post your plan on a public internet discussion site so the police can track you down if all the cameras in your city get trashed, and arrest you for inciting impressionable youths into property destruction smile

"You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it."

--MAJOR KORGO KORGAR,
"Last of The Lancers"
AFC 32

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
ubblol

-v-

Wiederstand ist Zwecklos!

BurningByronmember
340 posts

Posted:
Post deleted by BurningByron

HOW TO FLY 101:
step 2. Miss.

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
so let me get this right

you work with with kids that already have criminal records and your going to encourage them to vandalise government property while keeping yourself at a safe distance with no reponsibility because you dont want a criminal record yourself?

im disgusted

Love is the law.

MiGGOLD Member
Self-Flagellation Expert
3,414 posts

Posted:
I agree wholeheartedly that speed cameras are bollox. In metropolitan areas, i can see the use, kinda, but 9/10 times you can't speed because of traffic. In rural/highway areas, i think that there should be an open speed limit. The slogans all say that speed kills, wipe off 5 or wipe off lives, stuff like that, but boredom and fatigue are, imho, bigger killers than speed. It's pretty rare for a car to spin out, flip a few times and hit a tree on a straight bit of road because it was going fast. cars, in general, are fine going fast in a straight line. corners may be a different story, but that isnt the point i'm raising here.

When the next major (ie, over 3000 people) town is an hour away at the speed limit, then the next one is an hour away, and so on, it can make a trip very very long, boring, and tiring. i think that there's more danger from people getting bored, frustrated, fatigued, whatever they get than there is from actually speeding. and let's face it - anything travelling at 100 km/h (80 odd mph, i think) is going to make a mess of anything, so i cant see how another 50km/h is going to cause many problems. Smash a car into a brick wall at 100 - you're screwed. smash a car into a brick wall at 150 - you're screwed too.

And one last point. When going really fast, one tends to get a bit of an adrenaline hike, and tends to concentrate more on whats happening then when going slow. I've never changed cd's in my car while going over fast, but i do it all the time when im cruising.

Thats my soapboxy bit for today smile

"beg beg grovel beg grovel"
"master"
--FSA

"There was an arse there, i couldn't help myself"
--Rougie

StoutBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,872 posts

Posted:
eco terrorisim huh? so as an avid cyclist who truly believes that private automobiles are the bane of modern society I decided to slash your tires and put sugar in your gas tank, just for the sake of the planet, you'd be alright with that??

We had a really bad accident here about two weeks ago, some kid going 80 in a 30 zone, in a residential neighbourhood. lost control on a corner crossed the sidewalk, crashed through the guardrail and into the sea. The driver was ok, but the passenger took a piece of three inch pipe right through the skull..Who says speed doesn't kill?

Good thing there was nobody on the sidewalk when he careened over it.

onewheeldaveGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,252 posts

Posted:
As far as I'm concerned, the current car situation is ludicrous.

I'm not going to get annoyed about speed cameras as, IMO, things that make drivng and car possession less appealing, act as a counter-force to the incessent promotion of car ownership that creates and sustains humanities obsession with cars.

If car drivers have to spend much of their journey going slower than they'd like to (and let's remember, most of that isn't down to speed restrictions, but conjestion caused by the absurd numbers of cars trying to get from one place to another), then maybe car use will start to become more hassle than it's worth.

This will lead to less cars, and more alternative (and better) forms of transport.

"You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it."

--MAJOR KORGO KORGAR,
"Last of The Lancers"
AFC 32

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

peter pannewbie
9 posts

Posted:
i don't see any consistency at all. You believe in 'eco-terrorism' so you want to break the machines that help keep some controls on the cars that plague our cities??? confused

It sounds to me like you just want to break stuff, and you expect other people to think it is cool if it is 'eco'

You also used the term 'civil disobedience'. This term is associated with Gandhi and others who have used to bring great changes. It disgusts me that you would equate this term with petty vandalism.

Are you sure that you have the maturity to be working with troubled youth?

EDITED_BY: peter pan (1112983477)

BurningByronmember
340 posts

Posted:
Post deleted by BurningByron

HOW TO FLY 101:
step 2. Miss.

Penguin SvenSILVER Member
185 posts

Posted:
hmmm.........the thoughts of thou argumanets.

You seem to all be pretty against the idea destryiing speed cameras. ... I rekon its haleriuos....you could run sort of a bounty for that sort of thing.

10 dollars for every wheel removed from a car withought damaging the car.

extra points are rewarded for style and speed.

we could run it on a purley point system, and at the end of every month their would be a certsain number of dollars to give away. The first their to exchange their points for dollars best dressed. Points can be carried on to the next season/month.

Just think of the stunts....Pick pocket a police man.

Steel the caine of a blind person.

Take the leg of an amputee

best Arnald Swartinegar impersination.

Largest amount of honey eaten at one sitting.

Largest distance to fall and still survive.....bonus points for amount of broken bones.

Some of these weould have to be video taped to prove however.

Dance with an old lady...party boy style.

of course their would have to be rules to prevent Physical damage to other people.

Go nuts.

Completely block off a street with a huge pile of broken and missused TV's from the local junk yard.

Jump a house on a bike.

Ride a monkey bike to local skate park. then start talking to every body as if they are your "home boy" and fellow "niggaz"

Any body who looks like they are getting angry, or if any one starts harrasing you. you should attempt to difuse the situation with the Phrase " encage the rage niggaz" or "pass the blood on to the niga on your left" This is more amusing when al the people at the skate park are white.

"glow bugs, to slow to resist eating, to bitter to eat more than one handfull in a sitting" toothpaste for dinner

Dr_MollyPooh-Bah
2,354 posts

Posted:
I find that list of so called 'stunts' appalling.

Are you trying to be funny (if so it isn't working) or do you really have absolutely no consideration for anyone else as a human being and not just a vehicle for your entertainment?

SniperBRONZE Member
Snoochie-boochie-noochies!
663 posts

Posted:
Written by: BurningByron

Im one of the best they have.

...God help the kids then.

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
I wonder how many people have clicked a certain icon...

wink

JauntyJamesSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,533 posts

Posted:
Written by: vanize

speed cameras are unconstitutional in the USA

this is completely an opinion. it was an interpretation of the fourth amendment (search and seizure) by the supreme cour that says that people cannot be vidiotaped without thier consent. if they decide to interepret it so that speed cameras are OK, then speed cameras are OK. personally, i don't believe that cameras that are designed to take picturs of people breaking the law violate the fourth amendment in the least, but my opinion counts for nil. the point is, until somebody feels that thier rights have been violated and takes it to the supreme court, the cameras are perfectly legal.
[/ownage]

-James

"How do you know if you're happy or sad without a mask? Or angry? Or ready for dessert?"

StoneGOLD Member
Stream Entrant
2,829 posts

Posted:
How to get rid of speed cameras?

In Melbourne/Aust the permanent speed cameras have been down (not sure if fixed) because they were shown to be faulty, and the Gov. will have to pay back millions smile

Unfortunately, speed cameras were introduced into Victoria to raise REVENUE. This is obvious because the cameras are not employed in areas where they would discourage dangerous driving, but are placed in areas where maximum revenue can be made. It’s a problem now because we have 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 100 and 110 km/h speed limits, that often change with out signs. Imo, driving education is a better way to reduce accidents

I think they had a lot of trouble with vandalised cameras in England, but a better solution, than cameras, is to follow the London model where they have reduced city congestion by having a surcharge on cars entering the CBD.

The Japanese, however, win the prize when they tied plastic police to posts to intimidate drivers.

smile

If we as members of the human race practice meditation, we can transcend our fear, despair, and forgetfulness. Meditation is not an escape. It is the courage to look at reality with mindfulness and concentration. Thich Nhat Hanh

margitaSILVER Member
.:*distracted by shiny things*:.
3,777 posts

Posted:
*wanders in & has a read...*

well in my opinion...*deep breath*...

y'know what? i am really not going to get into this debate. there have been some really stupid & fairly irresponsible comments made...and as hard as it is for me to say nothing...i am going to give it a shot!!

*backs away slowly...gets to the door...runs away screaming*

do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good to eat!

if at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished!

smile! :grin: it confuses people!

BurningByronmember
340 posts

Posted:
Penguin PIY has the idea!!!! This is not about utilising an innocent resource, it is about something small that could be done that would have a large effect... the more clever and humorous the better. Some people may be offended about this scenario but get off your moral high horse and contribute to the thread rather than attempting to highjack it with personal attacks on character of which you have chosen to judge from a paragraph of writing. I am not going to try and address any other personal attacks as I have already clearly stated and explained the innocent intentions of this thread. Damn HOP has really changed in the last 2 years...

HOW TO FLY 101:
step 2. Miss.

SniperBRONZE Member
Snoochie-boochie-noochies!
663 posts

Posted:
the reasons/excuses/whatever are irrelevant you're still inciting minors to break the law. surely when working with them you were charged with helping them STOP breaking the law instead of bribing them to fight your personal vendetta?

StoutBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,872 posts

Posted:
The impression I got from your original, UNEDITED post was the picture of someone with a Fagen type idea who was pissed off that they'd gotten a speeding ticket and wanted to strike back against the law with minimal risk to themselves.

The plan read, let's get criminals to commit more crimes,,so I can commit crimes,,,because,,,I want too. We're talking speeding here,not really a serious civil rights type issue warranting moral approval. You expected support for this????

It is at heart a moral issue, any moron can go out and create mayhem. How much talent or skill does it take to destroy something? Never having tried it I'm pretty certain I could throw a garbage can through a window, I could probably do it drunk too.

You wanted feedback on your idea, you got it, it just doesn't look like you got the type you were hoping for.

BurningByronmember
340 posts

Posted:
The editted version included only the addition of the last two lines as to clarify what I trying to get across. Read the posts!! I have repeated over and over that it is about implementing small systems that would have a large effect. This is not about utilising an innocent resource.
I have also just noticed that the only posts that actually commented on this ""implementing small systems that would have a large effect"" have been deleted. This thread is dead because no-one wishes to discuss the topic I brought up, I'm closing it.

HOW TO FLY 101:
step 2. Miss.

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
I think the only small systems that would work..

Is if everyone kept to the speed limit.

The cameras wouldnt be taking the picture of speeding motorists, so the government would not be getting any money back from the cameras, so in they end, their upkeep would cost more than how much money they were making, so the government would scrap them..

smile

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
[sarcasm]

Don't be silly, speed cameras only ever catch really safe drivers, who shouldn't have to obey laws which are only there for the stupid people.

They should instead just ban all stupid people from driving, and remove the speed cameras from all residential areas and outside schools.

Sorted smile

DoktorSkellSILVER Member
addict
475 posts

Posted:
If i was a mod this post wouldnt have lasted long enough to receive three reply's offtopic

Why was that off topic? because the topic was "..."

Fair luna bright, fair luna moon
it shines at night but fades too soon
fair luna moon, fair luna bright
forever we dance
we dance under starlight

DominoSILVER Member
UnNatural Scientist - Currently working on a Breville-legged monkey
757 posts

Posted:
Written by: flid

They should instead just ban all stupid people from driving

Actually, I'm for this idea...

Give me a lever long enough and a place to stand and I can beat the world into submission.

StoutBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,872 posts

Posted:
Never seen that happen before

Page: