FathomSILVER Member
103 posts

Posted:
Hello all.

Myself and a couple friends started a small production group called Viberant Productions. So far all we've done is house parties but on april 30, we get to throw our first, PAID, official rave ubbloco!!! and im really excited to see how it goes.

heres the flyer we designed

Non-Https Image Link

Does anyone have any advice for a newbie producer?

Kangaroo Island eh? I hear that place is really hopping!

DoktorSkellSILVER Member
addict
475 posts

Posted:
oooohhh... theres a party on the hill..... can i come?
I'll bring a bottle of Rum ubblol

Fair luna bright, fair luna moon
it shines at night but fades too soon
fair luna moon, fair luna bright
forever we dance
we dance under starlight

mycoBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,084 posts

Posted:
frown can't afford it

sorry fathom, can't help you, i'm no good at organising stuff, all my own parties fail miserably, i forget to invite people.

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
I like the flyer design. Very original.

What you guys spinning?

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
Sorry for going off at a tangent, but what do americans define a rave as being, and how does it compare to a club?

To me a rave is more like a free party without permission, out in the open/forest or in a disused warehouse, which plays music that is traditionally defined as rave (acid techno, possibly verging onto hardhouse and psi trance). A club is a proper legal venue that is opennly advertised before hand, punters have to pay for, performers are paid and perhaps a profit is made; irrelevent of what music is played, what the dress code is etc. From a UK perspective the words 'official' and 'rave' seem a contradiction to me

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
i agree with ya flid, lol, but just a lil advice which you probs know anyways, but make sure peeps know about it far in advance! also by telling loadsa of peeps and getting them to pass the word. with the flyers, got them up in the club weeks before the event and get them up in the town etc where your type of crowd are likely to see them.
is that the whole flyer? if so you need to include what type of night it is otherwise peeps wont know, also using some colours if you can gets peeps attention.
hope this help......lol

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
yea, there's no such thing as too much advertising wink

I once worked at a club in London a few years ago (the Drome) where the guy who owned it at the time had arranged a heap of famous DJs/acts to play because it was his birthday. On the night thou, there was only about 100 people who turned up because of the lack of proper advertising. It was great in that we had a huge venue to ourselves and I got to meet loads of performers, but I didn't get paid at the end of the night frown

VixenSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,276 posts

Posted:
Im really really sorry but i dont like your flyer.

i dont think its very easy to read. sorry. Im not being nasty! xxx

tHeReS gOoD aNd EvIl iN EaCh InDiViDuAl fIrE, iDeNtIfIeS nEeDs AnD fEeDs OuR dEsIrEs.

FathomSILVER Member
103 posts

Posted:
Written by: •L•I•G•H•T•N•I•N•G•

I like the flyer design. Very original.

What you guys spinning?

we have a variety of djs from trance biggrin, house, DnB, some jungle and breakbeat

Written by: liquid_bubblegum

if so you need to include what type of night it is otherwise peeps wont know, also using some colours if you can gets peeps attention.

type of night? and our first flyer design was color but we wanted to get a lot of flyers out and color copies are $.79 a peice (Blk&White are $.08) soooo for 300 flyers that was a little more than we wanted to spend. but if this goes over well, next time, its on biggrin.

Written by: flid

Sorry for going off at a tangent, but what do americans define a rave as being, and how does it compare to a club?

the american rave scene USED to be undergroud, free parties in abandoned warehouses and in empty fields but its been cracked down on so hard no one wants to risk it anymore. imo, clubs are more of a constant thing and serve alcohol where as raves still move from place to place and are more accepting. but all in all the two scenes have had to mix somewhat to stay alive. frown

thanks for all the advice everyone smile rave on!

FathomSILVER Member
103 posts

Posted:
Written by: Vixen

Im really really sorry but i dont like your flyer.

i dont think its very easy to read. sorry. Im not being nasty! xxx

no offence taken hug

critisism is a good thing and something i was looking for when i made this post smile