Forums > Social Chat > 1 Billion green bottles...

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
....hanging on the wall, 1 billion green bottles, hanging on the wall, and if one green bottle, should accidnetally fall there'll be nine hundred and ninety nine million nine hundred and ninety nine thousand nine hundred and ninety nine green bottles sitting on a wall....

Your turn...

smile

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Written by: quiet

nine hundred and ninety nine million nine hundred and ninety nine thousand nine hundred and ninety nine hanging on a wall nine hundred and ninety ninemillion nine hundred and ninety nine thousand nine hundred and ninety seven green bottles hanging on a wall and if one green bottle should accidently fall they'll be nine hundred and ninety nine million nine hundred and ninety nine thousand nine hundred and ninety six green bottles hanging on the wall...

something went seriously wrong in the few preceeding posts. i mean, tao star, really - who's been replacing bottles? more to the point, how big is this wall?

i'm assuming you can't stack bottles, and supposing each bottle has a base diameter of, ooh, say 6cm

17^2 bottles per square metre - that's 289, then 1,000,000,000 / 289 = a wall of side 1860m, square

so we're looking, minimally, at a square with sides up to 2km long. but then that's not a wall - it's an edifice. so let's assume a maximum wall width of 5m [e.g. hadrian's wall, great wall of china, etc].

that's still approx 700km long. hmm.

I THEREFORE DEDUCE that this wall is, most likely, the great wall of china.

it's amazing what you can do with logic.

But...if the wall is five metres long only the bottles on the outside can actually "fall off" as the others would just topple and lie flat on the wall. So how long would it be if it was only as wide as the bottle itself to ensure 100% bottle fall off rates maintaining the song? I mean....."if 1 green bottle, should accidentally fall but still stay lying on top without dropping to the floor, there'll be exactly the same amount of bottle, hanging on the wall"

But then again....how do bottles "hang on" a wall? Surely they must be either attached to someking of hoop or ring so they hang freely 'under' the wall or 'sit on' the wall. Unless they're all 14 years old and are simply "hanging aruond" the wall cuz the council took away all the playing fields to build houses on confused

Written by: Flash

you've got to be joking!!

WORST.
THREAD.
EVER.

But not worth deleting fromthe boards eh wink

Let's relight this forum ubblove

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
ditto glass.
ucof is a genius biggrin

what i want to know is how all thosee green bottles suddenly changed into bottles of beer...?

if i could turn a billion empty green bottles into full bottles of beer, i'd be a very happy chap indeed biggrin
i might even hail myself as the second coming.
in fact, there's a green bottle bin near my house.
i'm off to test my miracle skills.

but first...

*pokes an imaginary green bottle off a really long wall*

nine hundred and ninety nine million, nine hundred and ninety nine thousand, nine hundred and ninety one green bottles sitting on a wall, nine hundred and ninety nine million, nine hundred and ninety nine thousand, nine hundred and ninety one green bottles sitting on a wall, and if one green bottle should accidentally fall, there'd be nine hundred and ninety nine million, nine hundred and ninety nine thousand, nine hundred and ninety green bottles sitting on a wall...

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
"nine hundred and ninety nine million, nine hundred and ninety nine thousand, nine hundred and ninety one green bottles sitting on a wall, nine hundred and ninety nine million, nine hundred and ninety nine thousand, nine hundred and ninety one green bottles sitting on a wall, and if one green bottle should accidentally fall, there'd be nine hundred and ninety nine million, nine hundred and ninety nine thousand, nine hundred and ninety green bottles sitting on a wall..."

Valura: No.. im not bored.... I thought you knew me by now wink

Flash: Thank you for your valued helpful input. shrug

Glass and Cole: kiss kiss hug2 hug2 Thank you.

Will: If you dont want to play, dont post wink
EDITED_BY: Unfortunatly Can Obtain Fruit (1112880758)

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
Errr Jon... What happened to ninety?! Pah... but to continue :P

nine hundred and ninety nine million, nine hundred and ninety nine thousand, nine hundred and eighty nine green bottles sitting on a wall, nine hundred and ninety nine million, nine hundred and ninety nine thousand, nine hundred and eighty nine green bottles sitting on a wall, and if one green bottle should accidentally fall, there'd be nine hundred and ninety nine million, nine hundred and ninety nine thousand, nine hundred and eighty eight green bottles sitting on a wall...

biggrin

Getting to the other side smile

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
Eight is a very strange word... if you look at it for long enough.

Getting to the other side smile

bing!BRONZE Member
i beat my inner child
184 posts

Posted:
nine hundred and ninety nine million, nine hundred and ninety nine thousand, nine hundred and eighty eight green bottles sitting on a wall, nine hundred and ninety nine million, nine hundred and ninety nine thousand, nine hundred and eighty eight green bottles sitting on a wall, and if one green bottle should accidentally fall, there'd be nine hundred and ninety nine million, nine hundred and ninety nine thousand, nine hundred and eighty seven green bottles sitting on a wall

where did the bottles of beer go? did coleman get thirsty while performing his miracle skills?

--the spark what lit the flame which started the fire that burned forever--

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Pigeon..

Your maths dont fit..

smile

The answers right oddly enough though....

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.. Ive seen what youve done.. Clever. smile

NoddyToe Poking Bad Boy
2,865 posts

Posted:
nine hundred and ninety nine million, nine hundred and ninety nine thousand, nine hundred and eighty six green bottles sitting on a wall, nine hundred and ninety nine million, nine hundred and ninety nine thousand, nine hundred and eighty six green bottles sitting on a wall, and if one green bottle should accidentally fall, there'd be nine hundred and ninety nine million, nine hundred and ninety nine thousand, nine hundred and eighty five green bottles sitting on a wall....

Remember.........YOU LOSE!!!

JauntyJamesSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,533 posts

Posted:
Written by: flash fire

WORST.
THREAD.
EVER.

2nded smile

-James

"How do you know if you're happy or sad without a mask? Or angry? Or ready for dessert?"

NucleopoiBRONZE Member
chemical attraction
1,097 posts

Posted:
Written by: .:sparkey:.

Written by: flash fire

WORST.
THREAD.
EVER.

2nded smile

sorry but i have to also agree.
were you drunk when you started this thread???

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
Written by: Unfortunatly Can Obtain Fruit

Pigeon..

Your maths dont fit..

smile

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.. Ive seen what youve done..

what, you mean almost exactly the same thing that you did 4 posts before perhaps...?

cole. x

"nine hundred and ninety nine million, nine hundred and ninety nine thousand, nine hundred and eighty six green bottles sitting on a wall, nine hundred and ninety nine million, nine hundred and ninety nine thousand, nine hundred and eighty six green bottles sitting on a wall, and if one grumpy coleman should accidentally push sixty two million, four hundred and twenty eight thousand, three hundred and eleven green bottles off (with a big broom type thing), there'd be nine hundred and thirty seven million, five hundred and seventy one thousand, six hundred and seventy five green bottles sitting on a wall..."

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
"what, you mean almost exactly the same thing that you did 4 posts before perhaps...?"

Nope.

My mistake was accidental. wink

(want to see how many more uselesser threads I can find? umm )

SymBRONZE Member
Geek-enviro-hippy priest
1,858 posts

Posted:
Written by:

to ensure 100% bottle fall off rates maintaining the song

Well at the moment we've only had a few fall off, there is no reason why they all have to fall. I think the edge ones alone will take us up to the treads being deleted anyway.

Also, I think bottles stand not sit, or are these odd shaped bottles?

There's too many home fires burning and not enough trees

nucleonnewbie
404 posts

Posted:
Written by: coleman

Written by: Unfortunatly Can Obtain Fruit

Pigeon..

Your maths dont fit..

smile

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.. Ive seen what youve done..

what, you mean almost exactly the same thing that you did 4 posts before perhaps...?

cole. x

"nine hundred and ninety nine million, nine hundred and ninety nine thousand, nine hundred and eighty six green bottles sitting on a wall, nine hundred and ninety nine million, nine hundred and ninety nine thousand, nine hundred and eighty six green bottles sitting on a wall, and if one grumpy coleman should accidentally push sixty two million, four hundred and twenty eight thousand, three hundred and eleven green bottles off (with a big broom type thing), there'd be nine hundred and thirty seven million, five hundred and seventy one thousand, six hundred and seventy five green bottles sitting on a wall..."

hey thats noo fair
he just takes down more than one!

so you think Im not a newbie? Ok I'll be the King of the newbies. Nucleon the king of all noobs

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
I didnt notice that redface

Erm..

How would this be any differnt to ANY of the games that are taking up pages and pages and pages of space, which are all USELESS (Word assosciation, Hopper above you, 5 fangled fungmae, question with a question, either/ or) threads?

Would it not be better, seeing as this has a finite number it can go to before the thread is deleted, whereas the word asociation game, et. al will go on for ever.

umm

nucleonnewbie
404 posts

Posted:
it would quicken up things I guess

so you think Im not a newbie? Ok I'll be the King of the newbies. Nucleon the king of all noobs

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
the difference is that it has no creative input apart from 'accidentally getting it wrong'.

you could equally have started a thread that said "count down from a 1,000,000,000 - every post means one off of the count - go!".

the fact that you essentially did that and got away with it is the genius part biggrin

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
"the difference is that it has no creative input apart from 'accidentally getting it wrong'."

You did more than "'accidnetally getting it wrong'".. (and it made me smile when I realised, having completly missed it the first time)

Thats the sort of thing..

Im just waiting for some 1Watt lightbulb to let off a nuclear bomb near the bottles, thus destroying them all in one fell swoop.

frown

Or something equally as silly....
EDITED_BY: Unfortunatly Can Obtain Fruit (1112890493)

nucleonnewbie
404 posts

Posted:

the difference is that it has no creative input apart from 'accidentally getting it wrong'.

well, should you always have to have creative input then

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
And saying the first word that comes into your head is creative how? wink

nine hundred and thirty seven million, five hundred and seventy one thousand, six hundred and seventy five green bottles sitting on a wall, nine hundred and thirty seven million, five hundred and seventy one thousand, six hundred and seventy five green bottles sitting on a wall, and if one green UCOF kicked his football over the wall, then knocked a few off going to get it back, there'd be nine hundred and thirty seven million, five hundred and seventy one thousand, six hundred and twenty three green bottles sitting on a wall.

smile

jemima (jem)SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,750 posts

Posted:
nine hundred and thirty seven million, five hundred and seventy one thousand, six hundred and twenty three green bottles sitting on a wall,
nine hundred and thirty seven million, five hundred and seventy one thousand, six hundred and twenty three green bottles sitting on a wall, and if one green pidgeon, had a scuffle withe a squirrel, ther'd be nine hundred and thirty seven million, five hundred and seventy one thousand, six hundred and seventeen green bottles sitting on a wall.

Never assume
Always Acknowledge

MiGGOLD Member
Self-Flagellation Expert
3,414 posts

Posted:
umm

*pushes end bottle longways, knocking them all off, like a string of dominos*

Nah, i couldn't do that, it'd spoil everyones fun.

*picks up all the bottles*

"beg beg grovel beg grovel"
"master"
--FSA

"There was an arse there, i couldn't help myself"
--Rougie

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
Written by: MiG

*picks up all the bottles*

ubblol

we're back where we started then!

one billion green bottles...

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
ubblol

Nice work Mig..

after we had gotten rid of so many...

Oh well..

One billion green bottles sitting one the wall, and if one green bottle, should accidentally fall, there'll be nine hundred and ninety nine million nine hundred and ninety nine thousand nine hundred and ninety nine green bottles sitting on a wall....

(they are made from anti breaking glass biggrin )

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
Nine hundred and ninety nine million nine hundred and ninety nine thousand nine hundred and ninety nine green bottles sitting on a wall. If one green bottle should accidentaly fall, there'll be nine hundred and ninety nine million nine hundred and ninety nine thousand nine hundred and ninety eight green bottles sitting on a wall....

It could be worse, we could be using the British definition of Billion.
If we were, we'd still have Nine hundred and ninety nine thousand, nine hundred and ninety nine million, nine hundred and ninety nine thousand nine hundred and ninety eight bottles left.

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
ubbloco this threads crazy!

Nine hundred and ninety nine million nine hundred and ninety nine thousand nine hundred and ninety nine green bottles sitting on a wall. If one green bottle should accidentaly fall, there'll be nine hundred and ninety nine million nine hundred and ninety nine thousand nine hundred and ninety seven green bottles sitting on a wall....

there, did my bit biggrin

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Written by: Nucleopoi

were you drunk when you started this thread???

Nope. How else would I have spelt all those words correctly? wink

Nine hundred and ninety nine million nine hundred and ninety nine thousand nine hundred and ninety seven green bottles sitting on a wall. If one green Atila the Hun rose from the dead and waged a one man war against the aforementioned green bottles until the Imperial Army of China killed him with a gun which Atila didnt see coming as they hadnt been invented when he was alive, there'll be nine hundred and ninety nine million nine hundred and ninety nine thousand three hundred and eighty seven green bottles sitting on a wall....

smile

Im impressed how hard it is to cut and paste, then do the correct maths so it all makes sence.... ubblol

Did someone say something about no space for creative input? wink

nucleonnewbie
404 posts

Posted:
nine hundred and ninety nine million nine hundred and ninety nine thousand three hundred and eighty seven green bottles sitting on a wall, nine hundred and ninety nine million nine hundred and ninety nine thousand three hundred and eighty seven green bottles sitting on a wall,
one stupid poiist knocks down one or two and there will be nine hundred and ninety nine million nine hundred and ninety nine thousand three hundred and eighty six or nine hundred and ninety nine million nine hundred and ninety nine thousand three hundred and eighty five green bottles sitting on a wall

MiGGOLD Member
Self-Flagellation Expert
3,414 posts

Posted:
*smashes a few with a 16lb sledge*

Nine hundred and ninety nine million nine hundred and ninety nine thousand nine hundred and eighty green bottles sitting on a wall, Nine hundred and ninety nine million nine hundred and ninety nine thousand nine hundred and eighty green bottles sitting on a wall. If one pinkish-fleshtoned MiG was to hit some with a hammer, there'd be Nine hundred and ninety nine million nine hundred and ninety nine thousand nine hundred and eighty green bottles sitting on a wall.

I hate dialup

"beg beg grovel beg grovel"
"master"
--FSA

"There was an arse there, i couldn't help myself"
--Rougie

nucleonnewbie
404 posts

Posted:
Written by: MiG

*smashes a few with a 16lb sledge*

Nine hundred and ninety nine million nine hundred and ninety nine thousand nine hundred and ninety six green bottles sitting on a wall, Nine hundred and ninety nine million nine hundred and ninety nine thousand nine hundred and ninety six green bottles sitting on a wall. If one pinkish-fleshtoned MiG was to hit some with a hammer, there'd be Nine hundred and ninety nine million nine hundred and ninety nine thousand nine hundred and ninety six green bottles sitting on a wall.

that would mean that youve hit none...

Nine hundred and ninety nine million nine hundred and ninety nine thousand nine hundred and eighty seven green bottles sitting on a wall.Nine hundred and ninety nine million nine hundred and ninety nine thousand nine hundred and eighty seven green bottles sitting on a wall. If an nucleon comes and paint one blue ther would be Nine hundred and ninety nine million nine hundred and ninety nine thousand nine hundred and eighty six green bottles and a blue one sitting on a wall.

edited to be more mathematical acurate
EDITED_BY: nucleon (1112904101)

Page: