Page:
MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
So theres a move that Ive been doing with double staves that I just translated to poi. Its still rather shloppy but I think it has some potential. Its sort of like an isolation, except youre only isolating a single axis of the poi's rotation. In other words, your poi end up moving only in a straight line rather than a circle.

The best way to get what I mean is to stand in front of a mirror spinning one poi at your side (closest to the mirror) and try to spin your poi but having it only move straight up and down. Its easiest if you let the head trace your legs in the mirror. What youre basically doing is moving your hand forward and back (the diameter of your poi's circle) so that the poi doesnt have to move on that axis.

Still havent played with it enough to find anything really interesting but Ill be sure to work on it. In the mean time, play yourselves and see what you can find!

Let's turn those old bridges we crossed into ashes.
We'll blaze a new trail,
and torch the rough patches.

-Me

OrbitSILVER Member
enthusiast
270 posts

Posted:
uh... stupid question here... but isn't a vertical "linear isolation" just jerking the rope and, as Cole put it, flailing? With my rats (r.i.p.), I would get them going up and down pretty easily, since they're stretchy... Maybe you're jerking with style, but that's pretty much what you're doing...

RevBRONZE Member
Bastard Newbie Messiah
1,269 posts

Posted:
you jerked rats around... I'll calling PETA on you... LOL

cole's a little bugger.. here I tried to do them back when there was a thread about this.. but here he's using glotactics... sneaky sneaky.. wink

More useless information courtesy of Rev...
Confusing the masses, one post at a time...
"Obviously, you're not a golfer.."- The Dude
"Buy the ticket... Take the ride..." -Raoul Duke
"FEMA has never done catastrophe planning..."-Michael Brown

_khan_SILVER Member
old hand
768 posts

Posted:
Written by: ICoN

I dunno. The one I usually do is an anti-spin split time butterfly buzzsaw flower.

I realize this is somewhat off topic, but since it was mentioned: is a buzzsaw flower the same thing as a buzzsaw fountain?

taken out of context i must seem so strange
~ ani di franco

RicheeBRONZE Member
HOP librarian
1,841 posts

Posted:
I think yes.
Fountain is club swinging term used for circular pattern that is flower too. Fountain is more connected with split and parallel time and flower with BF time.
In fountain you use circles with same radius, with flower you can mix it.

light, :R

POI THEO(R)IST

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
Right, cuz you can do something like a goofy chase flower (arms move like split time bf, poi move in split time chase) in buzzsaw. Fountains are simply going from forward to backward then back again while facing wall plane in either chase or butterfly.

PS. I always jerk with style...

Let's turn those old bridges we crossed into ashes.
We'll blaze a new trail,
and torch the rough patches.

-Me

Page: