VixenSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,276 posts

Posted:
I started a thread for CJ websites a while back and having done a bit of a search i thought it might be a good idea to sort one for bounce juggling aswell... please post and links for websites with videos etc... xxx

tHeReS gOoD aNd EvIl iN EaCh InDiViDuAl fIrE, iDeNtIfIeS nEeDs AnD fEeDs OuR dEsIrEs.

hexagonicClubbles Jugs
1,687 posts

Posted:
www.bouncepage.com for all things that go boing!

www.mediacircus.biz - this is good for juggling books and videos. Bouncing in Paris is available here and is well worth buying if you interested in bouncing. I watched it and was inspired to start bouncing as a result.

I think if you go from www.jugglingdb.com try the video section - they should have some.

Also jugglewiki on the same site, has some bounce animations.

juggle

ah wah wah wah a wah wah

quietanalytic
503 posts

Posted:
have either of you got any recommendations as to what balls to use for bounce juggling?

ture na sig

hexagonicClubbles Jugs
1,687 posts

Posted:
I would recomment oddballs - avaialable from the shop of the same name. they have a good bounce, last a long time and are v. cheap - i think about £3-4 per ball.

The more expensive option is to get some silicones, which are about £20-30 per ball. They have a great bounce and are very smooth to juggle but they lose their bouncy quality after a few years.

ah wah wah wah a wah wah

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
yes.

these ones:

Non-Https Image Link

from here

and for when you get *really* good, there are these: mmmmmmmm, silicone...

cole. x

edit: damn that will, getting in first just cos he doesn't make links *grumble* wink]

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

hexagonicClubbles Jugs
1,687 posts

Posted:
If you want to teach me how to, feel free to send me a PM.

Yes i beat cole once again. is that 2-0 with Thomas Dietz's video??

juggle hug

ah wah wah wah a wah wah

VixenSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,276 posts

Posted:
i bought 3 off those ballz in oddballz yesterday... a black one... a blue one... and a purple one. Nearly killed me not being able to get them all the same colour! xxx

tHeReS gOoD aNd EvIl iN EaCh InDiViDuAl fIrE, iDeNtIfIeS nEeDs AnD fEeDs OuR dEsIrEs.

MissEgyptologyBRONZE Member
officially expelled from BYU
195 posts

Posted:
If you're too poor for silicone (I know I am) lacrosse balls are a really nice cheap option. Raquet balls do alright, but they're not as nice since they're a bit too light.

"So Miss, I think you win the prize... A mormon egyptologist in a firespinning chat room... that's gotta be a record of some kind"
-NYC

Thanks, NYC,but I quit mormonism now XD

VixenSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,276 posts

Posted:
Much to my dismay.... when i got home i realised that my kitchen floor just doesnt bounce!!!

i need to by some sort of stone or surface that i can use... any suggestions? xxx

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
a marble slab is your ideal.

paving stones will do.

it may sound morbid but the best suggestion i've heard is to go to funeral directors and ask if they have any tombstones that they do not need (ones they have made mistakes in the engraving or have chipped etc).

and if you're bounce juggling in a kitchen, make sure all breakables are well out of the way!

and you need to get hold of this dvd (cos its just about the best juggling video ever smile): bip.

juggle

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

VixenSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,276 posts

Posted:
haha i had it in my hand on Tuesday but put it back. Ive seen it before and yes it is very good (will hopefully get it eventually!) Alot of people seem to rate it very highly.

Do you know of any other dvds that are a bit more basic? xxx

hexagonicClubbles Jugs
1,687 posts

Posted:
there's the big bouncing show made by Peapot - i've only seend half of it, but it's good. The second half of bouncing in paris has a workshoppy - type thing, which goes through loads of tricks from 3b to 7ball.

Other than that i think if you go to the bouncepage there are some videos featured there, and there *might* be a basic bouncing video in oddballs, but it *could* be very basic!!

Good luck

juggle

ah wah wah wah a wah wah

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
bip is the sh!ts i say - the second half of the dvd covers all the basics you will need shown normally and in slow-mo and the first half has inspiration pouring out.

will - i didn't appreciate the big bouncer nearly as much as bip (nor do i rate it like i do most of the other peapot vids).

still, if you're after a bouncing video collection, it should be in there i guess.

and i had a quick go last night and its suprising how much 3b active bouncing is like overhead innit - i think you're right that there's tonnes of scope there will.

maybe miss out the toss bit and do bounced tricks then big forced bounces to flash the balls up to above the head...

damn i wish i had more time.

good luck vix ::

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

hexagonicClubbles Jugs
1,687 posts

Posted:
Written by: coleman

maybe miss out the toss bit and do bounced tricks then big forced bounces to flash the balls up to above the head...

cole. x

That's gonna break a lot of lightbulbs ubblol

ah wah wah wah a wah wah