greyedgeSILVER Member
38 posts

Posted:
After looking at some of the videos here, I feel really embarrassed to post this. It's such a newbie video. But, oh well. No guts no glory...

I've been spinning for a week at the time of this video, which was last night. I'm using glowsticks, but I'm practicing for fire, hence no wrapping-around-the-arm tricks. I tried to do a few more moves, but I kept smackin' the ceiling, so I K.I.S.S.ed it (Keep It Simple, Stupid). Yes, I intentionally choreographed it with the music. Granted, wasn't too difficult, but at least I bothered syncing it... Don't flame me too bad, I've had no instruction... I self-taught all I know...

https://www.greyedge.com/movies/greyglow.wmv

"I always knew I was a pyro..."

bing!BRONZE Member
i beat my inner child
184 posts

Posted:
link doesnt work for me but would be nice to see a video form a newbie cos im one of them too!

--the spark what lit the flame which started the fire that burned forever--

LazyAngelGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,895 posts

Posted:
Ok, I took a little look. Have to say, it was kind of hard to see the red glowsticks. I had the impression that you were quite limited by the space available, otherwise we would have seen a few more overhead moves? Weave turns were nice to see. Try keeping your wrists touching when your doing the weave to make it look a bit nicer. Also put your hands next to each other when doing the butterfly to make it look like a nice near circle. Nothing that won't come with a little more time and practice. Well done for putting a video out there, it does take guts! smile

Because ActiveAngel sounds like a feminine deodorant

Like sex, I'm much more interesting in real life than online.

'Be the change you want to see in the world around you' - Ghandi

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
alright mate, good vid smile and not bad spinnign, especailly for a newbie, dont be nervous about putting up a video, you got to start somewhere!

few helpful observations i'd make
1) when doing moves like a weave, it looks more relaxed and stuff if you actually have your arms lower out on your body nearer your waist rathen that straight out like zombie pose smile
2) slow down a bit when doing your crossovers ( 2 beat weave it looks like, in the instances of 1:48 and 1:50 it looks a bit messy, chill out when doign it and it'll feelmore natural and your spinning style will do the same
3) try and move a bit more, even if its just swaying to the side, bend your knees anythign, any movement you cand o will make it look even better and shows your more comfortable.

good vid, lets see more biggrin

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

RavergirlSILVER Member
15 posts

Posted:
The intro was really to the music! I liked that a lot.
I like the fact that you are really are trying to move, you looked limited on space.

Pyrowill has got some good tips.

Nice first vid, liked the glowsticks. smile
Can't wait to see your next.

-RG

"Don't frown, you'll never know who is falling in love with your smile"