DoktorSkellSILVER Member
addict
475 posts

Posted:
I was down at the park spinning some fire the other day.

And while spinning my second fire for the day. I had to hold my poi out in front of me and stop for a second everynow and again to really try and get some air into my lungs. I was really having trouble breathing for a second there.

Now it was kinda hot that day. Nothing that bad but hotter than usual.

but i have been spinning quite regularly lately. I mean i am lighting up two to three times a week right now for an hour or more. And i am just wondering if i am getting to much fumes for my small lungs.

I dont really want to cut back on my fire spinning.

Maybe i'm just being paranoid?

Did you hear about the Banana that conquered the world?

back in 1542 Portugal. A Banana was born to an aristocratic family that were highly respected in the portuguese church.

Alvarez the banana was born to mr Alvito and mrs Maria the banana

in lisbon on the 28th of April.

Alvarez was brought up like any normal privilaged Portuguese Banana. With religion taught very strictly.

When he was 25 he was ordained as a priest in lisbon and was sent away to Japan to teach the word of god under protection of the japanese shogun for fear that Portuguese traders would leave japanese waters if the priest's were persocuted.

You see back in those times. Japan and china were in a state of constant war. The thing was that japan required chinese silk for clothing during the unbearable japanese summers. Since japan and china were at war the portuguese would trade japanese silver for chinese silk between the two countries and make substantial profits.

When alvarez had been in Japan for ten years and had set up cathedrals in the japanese ports of Nagasaki and Edo. Alvarez had a following of several hundred thousand Japanese banana's.

Several powerfull japanese warlord banana's (daimyo) had also converted to christianity and the shogun of japan. from then on there the cheese lords of armenia had declared war on the polish pickles with backing from the russian fish paste Kolp havavavaba neeekj sisj helvete rike

where was i? oh yeah. umm..... i think it might have been the heat that day come to think of it. i was spinning pretty hard that day, never mind.

this has gotten pretty weird right here. i think i will go to bed now, i have an early start tommorow.

Goodnight

Fair luna bright, fair luna moon
it shines at night but fades too soon
fair luna moon, fair luna bright
forever we dance
we dance under starlight

Mags The JediGOLD Member
Fool
2,020 posts

Posted:
hehehehe. ubblol Nah, please, do go on...

"I believe the cost of life is Death and we will all pay that in full. Everything else should be a gift. We paid the cover charge of life, we were born."

Bill Hicks, February 1988

Carnivalmember
51 posts

Posted:
o.o ~

XD GAAAH TEH BANANA.....!! >8 } what an interesting story about... your trouble, urh, ..breathing.. 0~o* hrrrrm..

i think you should win the grand-high POONUS-prize!! biggrin *hands it over with gloves* WELL DONE. 8D :heartz:

raah rahh RAAAH, why does everyone keep staring??

"YES, it's a banana, NO you can't touch it.."

"OOH MY GOD, I THINK IT'S -NESTING- IN MY PANTS!!!>!?>!1"

JauntyJamesSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,533 posts

Posted:
ubblol that's an exceptionally excellent story!
hope your breathing gets better hug

-James

"How do you know if you're happy or sad without a mask? Or angry? Or ready for dessert?"

DoktorSkellSILVER Member
addict
475 posts

Posted:
Well. I tried to make it historically correct.
Believe me, i could have gone on and on with that one. That period in history has much potential for Banana story's

forever we dance
we dance under starlight

quietanalytic
503 posts

Posted:
paraffin fumes are bad for you

i started getting headaches, feeling ill, thinking bizarre stuff [which i didn't need, since i was trying to do modal metaphysics at the time]. i cut down on amount of fire spinning and i started to feel better.

spinning in some wind helps. spinning in still air is worse.

ture na sig

DoktorSkellSILVER Member
addict
475 posts

Posted:
Yeah. The fumes can get pretty bad sometimes. makes your throat dry up and you start thinking about weird [censored] like portuguese banana's

forever we dance
we dance under starlight

PyrolificBRONZE Member
Returning to a unique state of Equilibrium
3,289 posts

Posted:
yep Ive noticed the same thing; when we were spinning three nights a week we noticed our immune response started to get suppressed. we'd get sick when we shouldnt have, and it would take longer to get rid of it. we cut out spinning one night a week and it got better. I'm sure the fumes are bad.

Try hard not to inhale the vapours that come of the wick if you dunk them when they are hot - I understand that they are the worst for you.

--
Help! My personality got stuck in this signature machine and I cant get it out!

DoktorSkellSILVER Member
addict
475 posts

Posted:
I try to stay away from the fumes regardless. Nasty stuff

Oh well, the price i pay for spinning fire i guess

forever we dance
we dance under starlight