Forums > Social Chat > A severed friendship while overseas...

Login/Join to Participate

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
This morning, I was just sitting here, on the internet in a youth hostel in Sofia, Bulgaria, when I was chatting on msn to my ex boyfriend. Things were completely fine. no worries at all. completely and wonderfully friendly. Then he left and i asked to speak to his girlfriend, my ex-best friend (i think you may know the story). anyway, i then had the following conversation via e-mail:

"hi,

i thought it was time that i let u know something.
i have come to the decision that i cant have u being a part of my
life any more. not now, and not when u get back.
sorry that this would have seemed to come out of no where for you.
bye"

so i replied with:

"yes, that was very out of the blue. do i at least get to ask why? I
still have the happy text messages we parted with."

and she said:

"just need it to be this way"

I know you guys are going to say that if she is that kind of a person that I'm better off without her. But to receive an email completely out of the blue from her like that - what the hell! For those who know the story, if anything, it should be me severing it off with her! but no! just an email saying when i come back that she wont be there. that she wants me out of her life. i cant belive she did that! we were BEST FRIENDS until she ran off with her current boyfriend and my now ex boyfriend! and we had our fights, but the morning i left for romania - we made up! i deliberately kept the messages from her to have with me in romania to remember that even after the [censored] we went through, we stil love each other and our bond still existed!

to receive an email like that in a foreign country is a terrible downer.

any advice, or am i just beyond it?

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

JauntyJamesSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,533 posts

Posted:
hug hug

not a good idea to do anything friendship related over the internet, particularly not whilst in separate countries.

-James

"How do you know if you're happy or sad without a mask? Or angry? Or ready for dessert?"

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
thats what i think! i would have though just not contacting me when i returned was the more likely way to do it!

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

ilsanyamanic over a fence
798 posts

Posted:
mad that censored that is so horrible, what kind of person would do that?

Quid Pro Quo
5|>00|\|5 /-\|^3 <00|!

margitaSILVER Member
.:*distracted by shiny things*:.
3,777 posts

Posted:
hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug

i'll still be here when you get back! smile

do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good to eat!

if at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished!

smile! :grin: it confuses people!

babajagaBRONZE Member
old hand
863 posts

Posted:
loosing a friend is hard and even harder if you dont really know why(especially after a lot of sh!t).. frown hug.. maybe you should just leave it in this way right know and then you get back try to talk with her so that you have the possibility to understand her.. hug hug2 hug

What is psychology?- Looking for a black cat in a dark room. What is psychoanalysis? Psychoanalysis is looking for a black cat in a dark room -- in which there is no cat -- but finding one anyway.

FlameSILVER Member
addict
435 posts

Posted:
hug hug hug hug hug hug hug
ouch matey... hope things get better soon

*In the car while Pink is playing on the radio*
Tristan aged 4 : "Mum is this Pink?"
Flame:"Yes mate this is Pink?"
Tristan:"Are you going to Pink?"
Flame:"Yes i am"
Tristan:"Cool well I'm going to BLUE" smile

Sakura_MoonHop's Kitten Jester.
1,803 posts

Posted:
hug
Thats low, i cant imagine how you must feel...
She could ahve at least told you why.
Maybe she feels guilty?
You ahve us!!! All ovewr the world, though, and i dont think many of us would ditch you!!!!

.:Pink Exocutioner:.

I am Jack's Raging Bile Duct...

Loving you from the deepest part of my loins.

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
hug2 hug

Sorry to hear that honey.

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

FlapjacksSILVER Member
part of the lonely trio
137 posts

Posted:
I don't know what happened before you left, but maybe she's still affected by it, and can't see your friendship returning back to exactly how it was before? Maybe she would rather break off the friendship altogether rather than not being able to have what you once had?

That may sound a bit random, so yeah.

hug sounds sucky xx

smells like burning teenagers..

shen shuiSILVER Member
no excuses. no apologies.
1,799 posts

Posted:

20/20 in hindsight.. its only once the water has cooled down that we are able to enjoy it for what it really is, without getting our lipts burnt.

(if this analogy doesnt work, just let me know and i'll think up something else that'll make you nod your head vaguely and say uh-huh? in a questioning way)

and also:

those that know, dont say. those that say, dont know.

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
Maybe she actuually doesnt want you around the ex so he cant remember what he is missing.
Maybe she is mixed up in her head.

If she is important to you, when you get back look her up. Who knows by then she may have changed her mind again. If she breaks up with the dude I reckon she will need/want you back and it will be you thinking whether you want to be in her life

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu