• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 100.00 credit to your HoP account.

Forums > Social Discussion > Is Mugabe a lesser Hitler?

Login/Join to Participate
Page: 12
UCOF
SILVER Member since Apr 2002

UCOF

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 15414
Posted:In light of Mugabe's recent re-election, I wondered how long this racist murderer will remain in power for.

What are your opinions on him, and this recent election?

The opposition are protesting and stating that there was mass vote rigging.

I dont like Mugabe.
He is a bad man and has a Hitler moustache.

Delete Topic

_Stix_

_Stix_

Pooh-Bah

Total posts: 2419
Posted:wish i could dude.. but the itenary is booked.. (thanks to my sister grrr. wink )

Joburgh x1
Sun City x2
Wedding x1
Shopping x2
Chill x1
home.. rolleyes

I guess I'll get a full update from dad when I see him, so will report a little more.. smile

I honour you as an aspect of myself..

You are never to old to storm a bouncey castle..

Delete

Nadishome

Nadishome

Living life to the full!

Total posts: 177
Posted:I spent 3/4 weeks in Zim jus before the situation became bad out there. My family are all farmers and lived in the worst hit areas of Mugabes regime, my Uncle being one of the main farmers in one of the main farming areas, was actually put on a death list because he ran a successful farm. The farm was taken and turned into a training camp and was force to flee the country. He was one of the lucky ones! Many have not been so and have ended up being beaten or even killed.
Mugabe has enforced pain and suffering upon many innocent law abiding citizens who provided jobs for teh community and were able to manage the farm lands with great success. An what has he now got out of it? A land of poverty and violence. Even blacks are fearing for their lives, being accused of sympathising with the enemy. When will someone step in and stop this tirant? We can get involved in iraq and other countries and totally mess up the place because of gread and power satisfaction but when a country is in need we step back and ignore it.
Mugabe was even allowed to attend the Popes funeral, yer it was a tragic day but there was a ban on him being in Europe and he has already demonstrated that he does not believe in his so called 'catholic faith'.

Life is short!
So lets leave a mark,
for people to remember!

Delete

Nadishome

Nadishome

Living life to the full!

Posted:Hey all,

Have been asked to write an article about situations in Zim at present and over past few years and as all my family have suffered more or less the same i would like some other stories about the place. Only want factual stuff.

Thanks and my thoughts are with those who have suffered or know someone that has!

Life is short!
So lets leave a mark,
for people to remember!

Delete

_Stix_

_Stix_

Pooh-Bah

Posted:I'm not sure if you've seen on the news.. but it's got a hell of a lot worse..

recently in a speach Mugabi said ' If you like Hitler was bad, you've not seen anything yet'

if that alone isn't enough for the rest of the world to act against this tyrant.. then I don't know.. obviously the violations against basic human rights isn't enough. 200,000 are now homeless and sleeping under the stars, it's winter over there at the moment and despite being africa.. it gets cold.. imagine sleeping out with nothing in March in this country..

people have been trucked to make shift camps out side the cities are are being held there against thier will by armed Zanu PF supporters. Any one trying to escape is gettting shot.. no questions asked..

on a personal level, my mothers home help has just been diagnosed HIV+, she is being treated for TB in her stomach at the moment ( I didn't realise you could get it there) my mom has employed her sister Annie to look after Katherine and my dad and the dogs wilst she is over here for the summer..

The mootie that Katherine is on is totally wiping her out.. she's weak, so weak she has to be carried to the toilet.. but she's had a turn for the worse when her 6 year old son (who is also probably positive, but mum won't get him tested until Katherine is stronger for fear of her giving up and dying) discovered my mother favorite Daschund 'Mobi' nearly comatose on the drive way.. he died a few hours later. The vet thinks he'd been poisoned..

so it's [censored] basically... both on a country wide level and a personal level.. it's all [censored]...

Delete

Icer
SILVER Member since Apr 2005

Icer

just a shadow of my former self...

Total posts: 205
Posted:things are just goin to get worse and worse until he is removed from power and the support that he maintains dissappears. i dont know that much about it, but i did just hear that the life expectancy is just 37yrs now, 2decades ago it was 60 something, the fact that life expectancy has halved in this day and age shows just how (censored) the country (in general) is. im sure there is variation across the country as to just how (censored) it is, even mildy (censored) is still (censored) as far as im concerned.

It took a while, but once their numbers dropped from 50 down to 8, the other dwarves started to suspect Hungry.

Delete

Mags The Jedi
GOLD Member since May 2004

Mags The Jedi

Fool

Total posts: 2020
Posted:Not sure i agree with the word "lesser" in the title of this thread.

devil

"I believe the cost of life is Death and we will all pay that in full. Everything else should be a gift. We paid the cover charge of life, we were born."

Bill Hicks, February 1988

Delete

Kyrian

Dreamer

Total posts: 4308
Posted:If I actually see an act on this shore entitled POSA I will scream....

sucks out there. The two different posts of current expiriences point out something very interesting and not too uncommon... things can suck a lot somewhere, but it they always suck more in certain parts than other parts... some people get the worst, some not too much, some kind of in between...

Although, I must also say, having a cousin who lived for ten years in myanmar, sometimes its just hard to see what somethings like until you are somewhere else.

I don't know much about the whole situation other than whats mentioned here, a general "it sucks" which seeps over here from time to time, and that it was apparently stable enough to be safe to be visited by a school ten years ago because a friend of mine was there then with his junior high. Safer, in any event, than indonesia a few years later.

So the point of the above is I can't pass an opinion altho he certainly seems bad. Does anyone really think people get involved in wars for humanitarian reasons anymore?

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

Delete

_Stix_

_Stix_

Pooh-Bah

Posted:Please could you explain 'POSA' I guess I'm just being dense smile

Unfortunatly.. it's not just Mugabe.. it's the entire government.. it's all full of little dictators waiting to take over..

Delete

_Stix_

_Stix_

Pooh-Bah

Posted:I've just seen on Channel 4 news that the 'World finally has proof' of the destruction and camps that I spoke about on Monday.. sheesh it takes a long time for news to filter thru.. frown

Delete

Nadishome

Nadishome

Living life to the full!

Posted:Do you recon the world powers will actually do something about it now?

Life is short!
So lets leave a mark,
for people to remember!

Delete

Icer
SILVER Member since Apr 2005

Icer

just a shadow of my former self...

Total posts: 205
Posted:the 'world powers' may try and do something, but it will soft things like more trade sanctions and policitical mumbo jumbo. they not gonna invade like the US in iraq (like is was previously stated, thar aint no oil in them thar hills), but then, judging by the news, that invasion didnt really solve anything either, did it?
i dont think the solution is straight forward or easy, the first thing tho, without a doubt, is to get that lunatic out of power. but also making sure that none of the ppl behind mugabe step in to fill the void he will leave.

It took a while, but once their numbers dropped from 50 down to 8, the other dwarves started to suspect Hungry.

Delete

Kyrian

Dreamer

Total posts: 4308
Posted:It was something tadpole mentioned... its basically the act that makes it illegal to criticize Mugabe, and a bunch of other things. More info here

Or you can google it too.

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

Delete

_Stix_

_Stix_

Pooh-Bah

Posted:ahh gotcha.. I thought it was an Americanism that I'd not heard of yet.. thanks for clearing that up smile

Still I doubt very much that anything will be done.. 'the powers that be' have been watching this saga unfurl since Mugabe came to power. The real issue in Africa is the other African leaders.. Thabo Mbeki (South Africa) has been in power since 1999.. and yet he has kept silent about the atrosities developing in his neighbouring country. Africa wants to govern it self.. police it's self, but they still sit there open handed waiting for the government fund.. oops er I mean 'AID'...

pfft.. I'm too grumpy to carry on.. I'll just start ranting..

Delete

Laday
BRONZE Member since Jun 2005

Laday

Total posts: 75
Posted:i second that!! As being a Zimbabwean(Tadpole is my brother) Although i'm now in Uk(just for the year) there is no other way to describe him as that above.
One of the high schools i went to(Heritage) and was studying Childcare we used to go down to the infant school and have our studies there,u know, watch the kids behaviour etc etc, and Mugabe's youngest son who was 3/4 at the time was there.... we had searches on us and also i felt so sorry for him. 3years old and he had two 7'' body guards with him in the playgroud watch his everymove and not letting anyother children near him. Now i understand that was their job... but this is a child's life... that because Mugabe fears for his own saftey because of all his cock-up's and racial decisions this lil boy had to play on his own.....

Delete

Laday
BRONZE Member since Jun 2005

Laday

Total posts: 75
Posted:two , seven foot body gurads. Sorry!

Delete

Josie-Posie
BRONZE Member since Mar 2005

Josie-Posie

Total posts: 82
Posted:I don't think the "western" Powers will do anything utill the other African Governements speek out about it will they? And they don't seem too keen to do this at the moment. I don't know why though.

Delete

Nadishome

Nadishome

Living life to the full!

Posted:You know way Mbeki doesnt do anything is because the two of them are in each others back pockets!!!

Life is short!
So lets leave a mark,
for people to remember!

Delete

Page: 12