Page:
PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
So he is dieing.
According to prophecy it is the end of the world.

I'm not Catholic so I'm safe wink but other than that, I thought it would make for an interesting discussion.

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

IcarusGOLD Member
165 posts

Posted:
I heard on the radio last week about a lovely pair of devote catholics living in a small australian town. They owned the towns only chemist. So devote were they that they refused to stock condoms.

I believe that the pope was a good man in the sence that he sacrifaced a lot to do what he thought was right and i am sorry he has passed away. I am not sorry about the side of his death that represents his religion and tries to dictate the way people should live their lives.

I am also interested in who will take his place? is it a vote? has it already been decided? is it a prophecy fullfilling random confused

... simplify ...

i8beefy2GOLD Member
addict
674 posts

Posted:
Theres two seperate prophecies (well three if you want to count Nostradamus as supporting evidence) involved here.... The Book of Revelations and the Prophecy of Malechy. The prophecy of Malechy is the one that is signaling our being close to the End Times, or the stuff laid down in the Book of Revelations. The Malechy Prophecy is just a list of Popes. John Paul was the Labor of the Sun or something like that? I can't wait to see who they elect to the next Papacy.... ohhh such exciting times.

FacelessjokerBRONZE Member
enthusiast
249 posts

Posted:
I love reading prophecies. It gives me scary tingles but also makes me want to live forever to see if any of it will happen.

_pOp_BRONZE Member
Playing OldSchool Poi
593 posts

Posted:
Written by: i8beefy2

Theres two seperate prophecies (well three if you want to count Nostradamus as supporting evidence) involved here.... The Book of Revelations and the Prophecy of Malechy. The prophecy of Malechy is the one that is signaling our being close to the End Times, or the stuff laid down in the Book of Revelations. The Malechy Prophecy is just a list of Popes. John Paul was the Labor of the Sun or something like that? I can't wait to see who they elect to the next Papacy.... ohhh such exciting times.

Written by: Facelessjoker

I think if armegeddon was coming we'd know about it by now. I dont reckon the end of the world is just *bang* and we're gone when someone dies. I see it as more horrible prolonged pain, gaseous fumes, volcanoes and earthquakes. I think it would have started by now.

ehrm, remember the big earthquakes? maybe the word tsunami rings a bell?
there are also a lot of theories about the world ending in the year 2012, coming from an mayan prophesy.
I just typed in 2012 in google and found a site with more than 300 links about this here
add all of this together with the "terrorist attacks". america going completely bonkers, global warming, the celistian prophesy, the pope theory and whatever more, and you have your armageddon theory.

I read somewhere that scientist have shown that on the mayan end date there will be a really weird alignment of several planets and the sun, that will change the vibration of things. pull einstein into the picture and we have a theory that everything will fall apart: solid means that the atoms are moving slow enough to cling together, maybe with this new vibration all will just disintegrate.
or maybe we will experience all thing differently: not as we percieve them right now, but on a more spiritual level? maybe from then on we will have more insight in things.

I'm happy to believe that the world as we know it WILL end in the year 2012, bringing us to a new time where love and spirituality is the driving force for us all, because this world sucks...

meditate eRic.

I'm not normally a religious man, but if you're up there, save me, Superman!

spritieSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,014 posts

Posted:
Icarus, re: the next pope. Yes, this is something that will be voted on, however not by the general public. The college of cardinals (around 120 people) will be the ones casting the vote. They will do so in complete secrecy in the Sistine Chapel. They will apparently vote until they can agree on someone with a 2/3's majority.

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
As sent to me by a Catholic friend in Fla, though she is paraphrasing from the book passage because it is long. I can't find where she said it is from though...but I know it isn't the ones beefy is referring to, as these are actually not from the bible. I swear I think it is Nostrodamus.
"The end of the modern era, brought forth by the death of the second son named John Paul, whose great leadership conquered and conspired. The faithless nemesis, dark of skin and of morals will create such a tension the world shall break. Fire shall erupt. The heavens shall fall and the third mighty war shall rescape the land."
I read it when she lived here. That is the only reason why I even thought of it.

I saw on television people who were praying for him to continue to live and all I could think was how cruel they were. He had to have been in sooooo much pain and discomfort, when not sedated.
I don't agree with decisions he handed down. I don't need to. I am not Catholic and his decisions literally bore no effect on the lives of myself or my family. I respect him and feel that he did very well for Catholic world and should be honored as such. Just because he made decisions that were not right for you does not make him wrong in anyway. That's why religion is a choice wink No religion is right or wrong. No religion is better than another. They are only right for each individual person who selects them.

My friend and I had a great idea for selecting the next Pope actually. We should have Survivor:Pope style. Take all of the candidates and stick them on an island. Whichever one survives is obviously chosen by God to be the Pope. wink

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

FacelessjokerBRONZE Member
enthusiast
249 posts

Posted:
Written by: Parliament Of Peace

I think if armegeddon was coming we'd know about it by now. I dont reckon the end of the world is just *bang* and we're gone when someone dies. I see it as more horrible prolonged pain, gaseous fumes, volcanoes and earthquakes. I think it would have started by now.

I did mention the earthquakes in another thread. smile

_pOp_BRONZE Member
Playing OldSchool Poi
593 posts

Posted:

Written by: Parliament Of Peace

I did mention the earthquakes in another thread. smile

eek THERE ARE OTHER THREADS?!!!!!!

meditate eRic.

I'm not normally a religious man, but if you're up there, save me, Superman!

fluffy napalm fairyCarpal \'Tunnel
3,638 posts

Posted:
is it just my imagination or are they planning not to announce our forthcoming election because of the Pope's passing? Surely that's not allowed, this being a non-catholic (secular-ish) place? Hmm. Could be being a little dumb. Ah well - it's late.....

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank

StoneGOLD Member
Stream Entrant
2,829 posts

Posted:
I’m not sure about armageddon, as I don’t have much time for Nostrodamus or the celistian prophesy (there was an actual prophesy?) or any other prophesise really. It seems like someone is always prediction doom, and with global warming, warmongering etc we seem to be doing everything possible to destroy the planet without any help.

Pope John Paul II was a loud voice for world peace, but I disagree with Bono (U2) and others who suggest that pope John Paul II was the "best front man" the Roman Catholic Church ever had. Because imho, he wasn’t a patch on The Blessed Pope John XXIII, the “stop-gap" pope, who upset all the Vatican bureaucrats, called the second vatican council and revolutionised the RC church. If all his ideas on relationships, birth control, marriage etc. had been introduced then RC church would be a much healthier position today.

I hope they choose the next pope wisely.

If we as members of the human race practice meditation, we can transcend our fear, despair, and forgetfulness. Meditation is not an escape. It is the courage to look at reality with mindfulness and concentration. Thich Nhat Hanh

IcarusGOLD Member
165 posts

Posted:
Thanks Spritie smile
More of the same then eh?

... simplify ...

ZauberdachSometimes sword wofter
199 posts

Posted:
As the papcy, and the Church, is an institution of man and not of god I can't think that this has anything to do directly with religion and more to do with political power.

that's all...i'm going to get back to learning Staff isolations juggle

IMPORTANT: Any views or opinions are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of a sane person.

"just get the f**k on with it and make me the anti-christ already!"

LibraGOLD Member
47 posts

Posted:
Ok, Pope John Paul ll is dead. Good for him! I can't imagine a man this religious can be afraid to die, especially not concidering how old and sick he was.

An Armageddon? Now? well.., with good reasons the earth seems a bit angry at the moment, shaking, creating tsunamis, extreme weather..blablabla .. Also people seem a bit mad if you ask me but.. I'm surprised the world hasn't gone under allready!

I agree that religion has a lot to do with political power. It has been used as a tool to control people and justify evil acts for thousends of years. People go to war in the name of their God..
Sad but so true. Anyway, I think any religion can bring out both the worse and the best in people. It brings hope and reason to live for many.. and I totally believe that it wouldn't be a bad idea if we all followed certan rules like don't kill, don't lie -be to others as you want them to be to you...and so on. -And well I believe and hope there has to be a more spiritual side to life than what is so obvious.. wow! I am totally rambling on now aren't I?

well, blablabla. I'm off... enjoy what ever good things your up to! wink

grasshoppahBRONZE Member
HoP is teh suxor.
425 posts

Posted:

Non-Https Image Link

Once in a while you get shown the light
in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

Page: