NadishomeLiving life to the full!
177 posts

Posted:
Hey organising an event in Alton Hampshire and need some more entertainers and performers!!! Is there anyone in the local area or willing to travel to show off their abilities? or even teach crowds of young people adn educate them about the arts? I already have a poi swinger and who also does flags, so anything different would be cool!

Its on 23rd of April so not long away!! Please let me know if your interested!

Cheers

Life is short!
So lets leave a mark,
for people to remember!

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
hey hey hey

there are loads of us in hampshire.

try here

pm me some details as im free tat weekend and could possibly get a bunch of performers together for workshops / shows biggrin

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

SeraphireHoP's Original Smelly-Hippie-Scum-Bag
270 posts

Posted:
Is this Alton just past Wickham?

If so then yeah, I can get me, and maybe a small group up there.

NB. I could guess that this thread will be move within the next day.

Music gives Soul to the Universe, Wings to the Mind, Flight to the Imagination and Life to Everything.

Educate yourself in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE! hug

dsei.org Stop The Arms Trade!

MrConfusedBRONZE Member
addict
529 posts

Posted:
Also there's Burnt Toast . I'm sure a few of us would be willing.

J

If you're not confused, you're not thinking about things hard enough.

Stormy, Queen of VodkaThe HoP Industrial Rainbow Fairy
385 posts

Posted:
Alton? Sounds good. I'm pretty much fully mobile due to my car so sounds ok to me. I don't profess to be an expert, but I know a little. Sounds like a good time biggrin I also have a little room in my car for anyone in the portsmouth area wishing to go up

*waits for the begging to begin* tongue

†.You've got invisible fangs and cherry nun bangs,
Your erotic cabaret is non stop
You're wearing too many belts
And I bet they leave welts
Shut up and dance cause I wanna pop.†

177 posts

Posted:
Hey, there's been such a huge feedback on this which is really cool!! Only really got into poi a couple of years ago and its great! Not an expert but love it still.

Here's a copy of the press release sent out to local press for teh event for those that want more details!

Those interested in coming please give a list of stuff you can do adn willing to do and any more info about what your looking for from the event and i will try my best to accomadate as many of you!! May even take over the whole event!! That will be cool!!

Alton District Youth Council are hosting The Young Pavement Artist of the Year Competition 2005 on Saturday 23rd April, yet another event organised by ADYC with the help of AIM to entertain and educate the youth of Alton.

The Competition will take place in Alton High Street where all ages are encouraged to express their artistic talents through pavement drawings. The entry fee of £1 will go towards both assisting ADYC in continuing with their work in improving youth facilities within the Town and helping those with Muscular dystrophy across the UK. The Muscular Dystrophy Campaign finances medical research into the cause and cure of this disease and supports affected individuals and families.

The Young Pavement of the Year Competition is celebrating its 20th successful year receiving a great deal of popularity and enjoyment by all evolved. It is important to allow those with talent to express and learn from their skills which this event is aimed at doing. This year the theme of the event is to be 'Park’s and Gardens'. Chalks will be provided.

Entries are to be judge from a panel of locally selected judges, and prizes are to be awarded for the age groups of 4-5, 6-8, 9-11, 12-15 and 16-18. All winning art work will be sent to the Tate where nationwide entries will be judged with the winning entry receiving a £200 cheque and an individually created plate to celebrate your achievement.

As well as the competition there will be other activities and street entertainers to add to the spirit of the day. A special celebrity guest is due to be opening the day’s events and judging all entries. The Competition will begin from 11 till 3 and all late participants are welcomed although advanced entries are encouraged.

If you are interested in taking part in the competition, entry forms will be available from schools in the Alton Area and from The Alton Library and Town Hall. For more details please contact Daniel Andrews by email on Chair@adyc.org

Cheers Daniel

Life is short!
So lets leave a mark,
for people to remember!

177 posts

Posted:
Hey All

Me again!! Sorry about the previous lengthy email!!!

I really want to get as many people to come along to this event because if we can get a good show of poi/jugglers/performers to come along the Council have said tehy would be interested in getting an annual event sorted out! Which would be great!!!

So if you are interested please leave a message or mail me!

Cheers

Daniel

Life is short!
So lets leave a mark,
for people to remember!

177 posts

Posted:
Please please!!!

Need loads more people! If your interested let me know! The more unusual stuff you do the better!!

Have checked on regulations as regards to fire adn have been given teh ok so if you want to do anything like that it'll b cool!!!

Life is short!
So lets leave a mark,
for people to remember!

177 posts

Posted:
Hey guys and guls

Only one week to go so if your still interested drop me a line email me at Nadishome@aol.com

Cheers

Life is short!
So lets leave a mark,
for people to remember!