Forums > Social Discussion > Random acts of kindness, life's poetry and sources of inspiration ...

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
EDIT EDIT EDIT wink

well this beautiful thread started as one thing but since someone recently already invited you all to list those little thigns that make you happy i thought of something else i would love to read and share...

I was thinking actually i would love to hear stories about random acts of kindness you may have witnessed, or... you know ? those little poetic moments suspended in time that just "happen" and make you go WOW.

The other day i saw this old man, old and elegant man crooked and obviously suffering arthritis... a kid sat next to him on a bench with his mother and suddenly he started doing silly dance moves and winking at the kid to make the kid smile... i caught a milisecond of pain passing on his face, but really mainly it was pure joy, he was a kid himself again... thigns like that make me so happy it is nothing and it is everything...

everyday magic story anyone ? biggrin

shine on

cass

Hello beautiful people

Dear me! Things change so fast how many hoppers are we now ? wink

I was just thinking how i would love to hear what everyone loves and what makes you happy, little and big things in everyday life or on special occasions...

I hope you want to share some of your beauty and inspiration here smile

So ... let me start

I love melted goat cheese on toast

I love to firedance in the night and rain

I love to walk barefoot on various surfaces

I love to receive such a good massage that i am blissed out for hours and hours

I love it when my friends andclients feel like that about my treatment biggrin

I love when someone pushes my buttons unwillingly and i learn from them and afterwards manage to walk up to them and thank them

I love to watch movies with my leaninghousemates Flynt and Wench and joke about "bald, twelve year old" guys wink

I loved receiving the little prince in greek from shibaki two days ago (thanks tracy wink )

I love my Hop old friends and look forward to meeting some more soon when i come back to Europe, where the history comes from wink

I loved waking up at 5 am in Queensland and seeing a family of wild kangooroos (spel?) just a couple of hundred meters from me...

I love the buskers in the mall of melbourne

I love when someone runs their fingers in my hair and kisses my forehead

how about you ?

shine on

Cass

PS: to you all wonderful mods, I know i posted something like that a couple of years ago but i wanted to start something new here, i am not sure if you will let this be or cancel the thread but either way it is a good opportunity to tell you how much i love you my friends, Malcolm, Pele, Flash, Dom, Charles, Josh I miss you heaps and you are in my heart.

hug

EDITED_BY: Cassandra (1112446215)

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

DoktorSkellSILVER Member
addict
475 posts

Posted:
I love the Lingering smell of kerosene on my clothes after spinning several litres of fuel with my friends.

Fair luna bright, fair luna moon
it shines at night but fades too soon
fair luna moon, fair luna bright
forever we dance
we dance under starlight

_khan_SILVER Member
old hand
768 posts

Posted:
what a lovely thread. i'll jump on in a free-associative way:

i love...

hugs

the weekly fire-spins with my poi-friends in the shakespeare garden in golden gate park

my friends of both the spinning and non-spinning variety

hiking through redwoods & talking to the trees

watching the hot shirtless boys playing with their staves at hippie hill on warm sunny days

drinking beer with friends at 'the wall' and people watching in the castro district of san francisco, center of the gay universe

chillin with empty wine bottles all over the place & some good herb & a house full of the laughter of my near and dear

a really good meal shared with friends

a perfectly mixed vodka martini

spinning poi

nailing a new move for the first time

public sex

when someone rubs my freshly shaved scalp

watching the fog roll over the hills of san francisco at dusk

doing gender-f***k drag

shopping for shoes

performing a random act of kindness for a stranger

taken out of context i must seem so strange
~ ani di franco

DoktorSkellSILVER Member
addict
475 posts

Posted:
Public Sex?

Fair luna bright, fair luna moon
it shines at night but fades too soon
fair luna moon, fair luna bright
forever we dance
we dance under starlight

HavokistBRONZE Member

2,530 posts

Posted:
i love the feeling you get when i sit with that special someone in my arms when it feels like we're the only two people there, despite being sat on a bench in a busy park

i love the soda bread and cheese that the wonderful Miss Firepoise cooks

i love the feeling you get when you meet a HoPper for the first time you've been speaking to for months on HoP for a good while

i love the feeling you get when you make eye contact with someone as they walk past and you keep eye contact until it'd only be possible if you both turned around

i loved the picturesque scene a few hundred yards from the edge of the circle around the campfire at falmouth

i love watching the sun set over the sea at the beach in Narin in Ireland

it's true that if you actually appreciate things then the best things in life are free smile

We are the music makers, We are the dreamers of dreams,
Wandering by lone sea-breakers, And sitting by desolate streams;
World-losers and world-forsakers, On whom the pale moon gleams;
We are the movers and shakers of the world for ever, it seems.

JauntyJamesSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,533 posts

Posted:
i love sharing an icecream sundae with somebody special

-James

"How do you know if you're happy or sad without a mask? Or angry? Or ready for dessert?"

spritieSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,014 posts

Posted:
A very similar thread was started in social 2 weeks ago titled "what makes you happy". I think this one has very much the same feel as that one, so maybe they should be combined?

If I knew how to link to that thread here, I would but I can't so I'll just bump that one for you.

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Written by: Cassandra

PS: to you all wonderful mods, I know i posted something like that a couple of years ago but i wanted to start something new here, i am not sure if you will let this be or cancel the thread but either way it is a good opportunity to tell you how much i love you my friends, Malcolm, Pele, Flash, Dom, Charles, Josh I miss you heaps and you are in my heart.
hug

Yay. I thought I was going crazy. smile

Hugs to you, my buddy. hug Shine on.

As for me, I love the fact that the little things make me happiest. ubblove

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

KaelGotRiceGOLD Member
Basu gasu bakuhatsu - because sometimes buses explode
1,584 posts

Posted:
Watching someone smile when they dance.

The bright flames softly illuminating a slowly spinning figure

the gentle glow of glowsticks as the thousands of bodies jump up and down rhythmically in time to the beat.

Sunrises and sunsets

My friends.

EDIT- Shine on! How come two very cool girls from different forums I frequent use this phrase erratically. wink I love it either way.
EDITED_BY: KaelGotRice (1112323918)

To do: More Firedrums 08 video?

Wildfire/US East coast fire footage

LA/EDC glow/fire footage

Fresno fire

Sakura_MoonHop's Kitten Jester.
1,803 posts

Posted:
Waking up to a random hopper

hugs

the smell of firewater when you just light up

night spins

the thought of going to england to meet everyone

glowstick poi

lying on the grass watching people spin at the gardens

watching someone light up for the very first time (the smiling and the dodging and the relief you dont light yourself on fire)

fridays

.:Pink Exocutioner:.

I am Jack's Raging Bile Duct...

Loving you from the deepest part of my loins.

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
i love
being snuggled up in bed with someone special especially when its bucking down rain outside and not having to go anywhere or do anything all day

energy play

the moment of transition from confusion to understanding

having deep conversations with people who are able to participate on the same level

having deep conversations with people who are able to participate on hte same level and disagree

solving problems other people cant

watching the change in someones face as they have a moment of realisation

boarding a plane

staying in a 5 star hotel

spending time with beautiful people

sitting in a hammock watching the sky

being at the beach and playing in the waves

but most of all i love choice

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

_khan_SILVER Member
old hand
768 posts

Posted:
Written by: DoktorSkell

Public Sex?

la la la... ubbangel

taken out of context i must seem so strange
~ ani di franco

Psycho_lemmingSILVER Member
Running hippy spinning lemming
15 posts

Posted:
i love.... all the special people in my life... seeing them smile, knowing that they are happy

hugs

seeing beauty in things that other people dont see

the moon and stars

sunsets

watching and listening to the sea

looking out the window on a really stormy day with a log fire burning and everything glowing orange

remembering special moments you thought you had forgotten

days when you find the motivation to be positive and not go backwards

poi

being surrounded my music walking down the street and smiling so much people wonder why but they cant hear the words

the fact that there are many more things i could list here

trying to make people smile...click here...... biggrin
EDITED_BY: Psycho_lemming (1112335504)

Fear leads to anger; anger leads to hate; hate leads to suffering...

roarfireSILVER Member
comfortably numb
2,676 posts

Posted:
Fireworks are the best thing in the world, ever! They can bring me to tears (of joy) and I don't know why. Especially if there's music choreographed for them.

Sitting around with friends drinking red wine laughing.

When people play with my hair.

Really, really intense dark but bright sunsets.

Stars and the full moon

Listening to people ramble about their philosophies on everything. I love hearing everyone's different views.

I love hearing people sing when they belt out ballads with all the strength and might you could ever sing with. And it moves everyone who witnesses it.

Cuddles

Daffodils make me happy too.

.All things are beautiful if we take the time to look.

JauntyJamesSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,533 posts

Posted:
psycho lemming, i think you messed up the link. it's sending me to the university of aukland student webmail service. this is perhapse usefully, but not particularly funny, unless you have a quite strange sense of humor.

-James

"How do you know if you're happy or sad without a mask? Or angry? Or ready for dessert?"

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
I'm going to go with my previous topper on a similar topic.

I love taking a deep breath unhindered by pain and stiffness. It's a simple pleasure that I spent most of my adult life unable to enjoy.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
I love doing Durbs! tongue

4,224 posts

Posted:
ok well... i had not done a search (and what key words to use ?? confused)
but i must say thanks so much for all you beautiful peopel shared on this thread and even more of the beautiful thread what makes you happy smile

NYC, you aint dreaming baby, but that is about it for another while wink I love you buddy smile

TO whichever moderator who will close this thread consider yourself incredibly hugged and to the other mods who will come too late to close it ... feel my embrace too wink

KAelgotrice, i got my signature shine on from that beautiful quote of mandela which by the way is ont of the most inspiring things i ever read smile

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small doesn't serve the world. There's nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you.We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us.
It's not just in some of us, it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we're liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others." 1994 Inaugural Speech - Nelson Mandela

SHine on beautiful people
much love and respect
Cassandra

4,224 posts

Posted:
oh and i am with sparkey on that one... i thought i missed the joke cause i have not been online for a while or cause i am french or a combinationf of both wink

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Written by: Cassandra

NYC, you aint dreaming baby, but that is about it for another while wink I love you buddy smile

Hey, sometimes the little things are the toughest to get. A kiss from my girlie. A hug from you. Sunshine on a day I can play in it. They all sound so easy, and yet...

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

KaelGotRiceGOLD Member
Basu gasu bakuhatsu - because sometimes buses explode
1,584 posts

Posted:
*shines a glowstick on NYC and gives him a hug

Doesn't count! wink I KNOW!

To do: More Firedrums 08 video?

Wildfire/US East coast fire footage

LA/EDC glow/fire footage

Fresno fire

HavokistBRONZE Member

2,530 posts

Posted:
Written by: roarfire

I love hearing people sing when they belt out ballads with all the strength and might you could ever sing with. And it moves everyone who witnesses it.

i agree with you on this one, except for one point. i love to be the person doing the singing, which was probably the best feeling ever when the entire of my dad's side of the family were moved when i got up and played and sung the first song i could and there was the slightly akward silence just hanging there that had the feeling of "wow" biggrin

and i offer my special thanks and a big hug to Miss Cassandra for in some ways reminding me of the best things in life

We are the music makers, We are the dreamers of dreams,
Wandering by lone sea-breakers, And sitting by desolate streams;
World-losers and world-forsakers, On whom the pale moon gleams;
We are the movers and shakers of the world for ever, it seems.

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Written by: KaelGotRice

*shines a glowstick on NYC and gives him a hug

Doesn't count! wink I KNOW!

It counts. Just not as much. wink

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
being alive | cherishing life | cherishing others | friendships | my wife to be | familly | to see every day that i make some one smile just once | to not regret a thing in life | to not have enemies.

hug

and to one day again see all those that i love with all of my heart... even if i have to go all the way to paris wink io amore signorina cassandra *puntare verso

fluffy napalm fairyCarpal \'Tunnel
3,638 posts

Posted:
I love lovely people.

They make the world go all like this biggrin

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank

Psycho_lemmingSILVER Member
Running hippy spinning lemming
15 posts

Posted:
Written by: .:sparkey:.

psycho lemming, i think you messed up the link. it's sending me to the university of aukland student webmail service. this is perhapse usefully, but not particularly funny, unless you have a quite strange sense of humor.

awwww no!!!!
thats not ment to happen frown

Fear leads to anger; anger leads to hate; hate leads to suffering...

4,224 posts

Posted:
EDIT EDIT EDIT wink

well this beautiful thread started as one thing but since someone recently already invited you all to list those little thigns that make you happy i thought of something else i would love to read and share...

I was thinking actually i would love to hear stories about random acts of kindness you may have witnessed, or... you know ? those little poetic moments suspended in time that just "happen" and make you go WOW.

The other day i saw this old man, old and elegant man crooked and obviously suffering arthritis... a kid sat next to him on a bench with his mother and suddenly he started doing silly dance moves and winking at the kid to make the kid smile... i caught a milisecond of pain passing on his face, but really mainly it was pure joy, he was a kid himself again... thigns like that make me so happy it is nothing and it is everything...

everyday magic story anyone ? biggrin

shine on
cass

PS: PSycho lemming what is not supposed to happen ???? what was the link supposed to be ????

PPS : NYC, I would give the world for a hug from you and your girl actually... missing you heaps, will call you soooooon biggrin

FlapjacksSILVER Member
part of the lonely trio
137 posts

Posted:
The first few notes of a song that carries a damn fine memory.

smells like burning teenagers..

roarfireSILVER Member
comfortably numb
2,676 posts

Posted:
I've never encountered some huge kind act but I did have a Mother and daughter (about 12) approach me and say

'my daughter pointed you out to me as you were walking and told me how nice you looked, so we thought we'd come and tell you. You look really nice'

I was so uplifted. They went out of their way in a busy mall to come and tell me i looked nice. smile

.All things are beautiful if we take the time to look.

FlapjacksSILVER Member
part of the lonely trio
137 posts

Posted:
Aww, that's lovely!

smells like burning teenagers..

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
*havokist, you're a sweetheart - don't let yourself get all cynical and bitter in years to come*

I love being in that place where everything is right and comfortable and you are content.

Getting to the other side smile

Page: