Page:
PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
What are your fears and how do you face them?

Scorpions. They are about the only animal I don't care for.

Microphones/Stages. I tend to freeze when behind the mic and get nervously ill before I hit the stage.

Failure. I think that is a given.

I tend to get squeemish, shy, ill from nerves and then I take a deep breath, face the fear head on and do what I have to do. Lately though I think I am more on the shy and denying that I have to do stuff side of things.

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

FireMikeZLaguna dude
1,438 posts

Posted:
Pele, Flynt

yup, totally fascinated & have come to relish new sensations & power by diving into my fears. . . most. . . then there are those below my consciousness, subconscious at least, which won't let me grasp them in my overtly active selves, so they still have secret controls, don't let me. . . pierce & pop them for the treasures they might release to me.

beyond "confronting," perhaps once or even forever overcoming, being drawn into fascination with, or acting despite your fears, do either of you come to love & enjoy what you feared, come out the other side to want more of it, fear entirely transformed & gone?

ENDER!

you must tell us, now, and when you do, some of us will understand. good to meet you. Speaker for the Dead?

[ 25 September 2002, 14:53: Message edited by: FireMike ]

molten cheers,

~ FireMike

FireMikeZ@yahoo.com (personal messages welcome, no promo spam, please!)
Laguna, California, US

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
not "transformed and gone" fire mike. For me the fear never goes away. Its still there the next time i have to approach a situation. Just that this time i KNOW that i can overcome it. `

Currently on the right side up of the world.

Bram....member
1,551 posts

Posted:
well put flynt

You. Its whats for dinner!

As time passes, you realise all the mistakes you amde and the ones you wish you never did make.

The wave crashing on the beach

Raymund Phule (Fireproof)Enter a "Title" here:
2,905 posts

Posted:
I find that my fears are not tangable.

Heights dont bother me, bugs neither, animals just do what animals do. I think that most comes from my relisation that I aint gonna live forever so why spend my life scared of something.

I am not fearless, I am not going to try something stupid just becuase I think I am invincible. Though Nyx would argue this with my driving

My fears involve relationships, I am always scared of what certain people think of me. Most of humanity I could care less what they think but for some select people I would rather avoid them than be around them becuase I might say or do something to make them angry or not like me.

Phycho eh?

Some Jarhead last night: "this dumb a$$ thinks hes fireproof"

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
Actually Ray hon, that sounds pretty normal...
`
*hugz*

You are loved for who you are, not what you say. The ppl that care about you know that you would not do something to hurt them or anger them on purpose.

Currently on the right side up of the world.

FireMikeZLaguna dude
1,438 posts

Posted:
yeah, Ray, pretty normal.

let's just make sure we put ourselves out, despite the disapprovals of others, & reach & engage & get to love the ones we need, want, & fulfill us in this one life. . .and let's do it in this one life, huh? that's the beauty, the glory, what's worth more than the pain which must almost certainly come with it too. . .what grows us for real, what makes the question "what's the meaning of life" disappear. . .

make sure we get that in whomever it can spill forth, fire up, & bust a new atmosphere for us, ok?

molten cheers,

~ FireMike

FireMikeZ@yahoo.com (personal messages welcome, no promo spam, please!)
Laguna, California, US

Endermember
68 posts

Posted:
of course firemike

PrometheusDiamond In The Rough
459 posts

Posted:
So far, the most frightening thing in the world is a really hairy spider wielding a syringe...

I don't think I'm attracted to or fascinated by my fears, rather I spend a lot of time trying to defeat and overcome them. For example, I tried hypnosis to overcome my somnambulistic exploits, didn't work, but had pleasant side-effects. They aren't constant fears either. Sometimes my fear of lonliness vanishes and I have a mind to spend a day by myself.

The practical upshot of all this? I make no sense. I go bed now.

Dance like it hurts; Love like you need money; Work like someone is watching.

Never criticize someone until you've walked a mile in their shoes. That way, when you DO criticize them, you are a mile away, and you have their shoes.

adren@linemember
249 posts

Posted:
BTW, thanks smallboy

Page: