Page: ...
Psiboing
529 posts

Posted:
So all you lovely people - it's time again biggrin - who's coming this year ?

Tickets go on sale this sunday (3rd April) at 9 AM here: Aloud.com ... good luck .. took 8 hours last time ... ubbloco

Mike wave

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Im sure I must have met you at some point..

hug
wave

Gayle......!SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
Written by: mcp

To gayle: Sorry if I seemed a bit evil, but I was very very tired, very stoned, slightly drunk and quite excited, and when I said I wanted to see you spin, I genuinely did, and wouldn't have taken the piss out of you. I have met you twice and haven't yet seen you spin afterall. (Though I feel to that Hoppers are going to be a most difficult audience)

No offense taken - i soooo wanted to spin and stay up but at the same time i had a non-spinning boyfriend who was a bit tired and peeved so needed to keep him happy after staying up with everyone the previous night. I only found out when i got home the reason for the moods. All made up now though wink

I'm sorry not very many people watched me spin - i did do it quite a few times. I found it a bit scary being in the stone circle at glastonbury with people that i watched last year which made me take up poi. I was a bit overwhelmed i think biggrin

Meg it was great to see you again and so loved watching you spin and enjoyed the stoned, drunk heckling - you won't scare me that easily! hug

Written by: =Flashpoint=

Gayle : For being exuberant...

Ha ha i love this......Made my day!

Written by: Unnamed Cutie On Front

Gayle: You made me grin sooo much all week. thank you for your beautiful voice, your fantastic hugs and feel good vibes. I only got to see you spin once

Well i've never been told i have a beautiful voice before!! wink And at least now the constant scratching has been explained!

kiss hug to you Jon.

Written by: Skulduggery

readjust the angle of dangle

ubblolubblolubblol

Gayle.....!

tozGOLD Member
34 posts

Posted:
Wow, what a wicked Glastonbury! Everyone who didn't go says to me it must have been miserable because of the bad weather, but I was there from the Tuesday afternoon to the Monday evening and it was only bad for Fri/Sat, the rest of the time it was absolutely gorgeous! cool

UCOF, apologies for abusing your celebrity and dumping my fire gear in your tent, think I am the random you speak of. 'Twas a very long walk from Tom's field where I was camped to the stone circle... much appreciated! beerchug

Definite thanks go to Ben and Meg from te pooka for the lovely doubles and poi they made me, they are all lovely! Thanks also for brain dumping a shitload of new doubles moves, which I'll have to go away and practice for a long time....

wave to those of you here that I met, however briefly! Hopefully see you guys again at Falmouth, provided a) I can get some more time off work, and b) can scab another lift off Mr Durbs... If anyone is interested, I've posted most of my glasto photos here on dontstayin.com. They are mostly random, but there are some nice ones!

Oh, btw am curious about everyone's favourite moments of the festie.. other than the stone circle at dawn, obviously! wink I would have to say, best band = the magic numbers, best dance act = timo maas, best moment = loads of them, but surely it has to be the madness that is Lost Vagueness on sunday night! ubbloco

=Flashpoint=SILVER Member
Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
UCOF - i was a bit embarrassed about the cake, as it was crap, and transport didnt really allow it to be transported...umm...

Foul Muff will be cake infested, as I will have transportable abilities then. There will be brownies too...

Damn, I should have bought more donuts! and I owe:

UCOF a pizza and chips

and Millhouse a couple of beers.

But now i am skint. Damnit!

Loved it tho, and am extremely p/o about missing Sunday night!

ohmygodlaserbeamspewpewpew!
ubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmile

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
erm... redface

and a Hello to Dom who I saw for about 5 minutes biggrin hug

Did anyone else forget he was there or was it only me?

SdrawkcabBRONZE Member
21 posts

Posted:
and i cant believe that ive only just got back on here and from glasto and had not checked this before i left s i could fid and meet you all frown gutted, guessill have to find anotehr festival at some point or wait 2 years to meet ya'll frown
just thought as im back id say hi and GLASTO KICKED ASS!!!!!
sorry guess im stil a bit hyper after still not really gtting much sleep since it ended.

*sigh* wish i knew more ppl closer to me that had even a remote interest, im stil far to new to be any good but im practicin almost every day, sorry wrong forum lol ill go whine on a different board to this one

Psiboing
529 posts

Posted:
I saw Dom briefly at Shpongle smile wave

RosscoOfficial HoP hobbity potato monster!
434 posts

Posted:
just got home last night after all the festy goodness, it was great fun, ive had an absolutely awesome couple of weeks, sorry i missed you guys alot of the time but i was bumbling around on some kind of crazy mission for most of it. rolleyes

sorry to UCOF and Bov, i think i may have scared jons sister when i came to say goodbye to you guys monday morning and get my sticks. redface

anyway, i guess my point for the whole weekend is
Thankyou Glastonbury and goodnight, i'll see you in 2007. biggrin

O.B.E.S.E. Official Potato man.

Remeber kids.... Its all fun and games until someone loses a bol**ck! biggrin

dreamSILVER Member
currently mending
493 posts

Posted:
Arrrg...

I've been at an academic conference since Tuesday mornin, havin got back from Glasto late Monday night... definately not the place for a festival comedown...

Just wanted to say thanks again to TePOOKA for digging the river diversion which prevented all our stuff from being washed away...

ubblove

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.

Nietzsche

ZauberdachSometimes sword wofter
199 posts

Posted:
yo!!! Big thanks to everyone who came down to the Te POOKa stall! You guys rocked. You know who you are. Cos I don't... Don't know anyones on-line names or nothin. Hey if you remember me, Ben, who was organising the te POOKa stall and you chatted with me and hung out with my minions but who I don't know your name say hello. Toz and Lazyangel I know but that's it...

I would particularly like to speak with John about his staff that he wants a fixing smile

Anyway.

Heckling. Almost more fun that spinning. My particular favorites were:

"Your a c*nt" MCP
"You can't spin, you're ginger" MCP
"That might look fancy but I can spin faster than that" myself.
"that's good but do it again with prancing... no more prancing... still more..." john

IMPORTANT: Any views or opinions are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of a sane person.

"just get the f**k on with it and make me the anti-christ already!"

Hubert_CumberdaleSILVER Member
[psylocibin fingerbobe].
479 posts

Posted:
I met you (albeit briefly) at the shop on Sunday afternoon.

I was the guy who was hammered on Pear cider.

Oh yeah... that really narrows it down doesn't it?

rolleyes @ self

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
Written by: bonzai

"You can't spin, you're ginger" MCP
"Do it again! But less [censored]!" Ben

I think you'll find the first one is YOURS! (mutherf*ckaaaaaaaaa)

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

199 posts

Posted:
really? yey. That was a gooood heckle smile

Hello MarkMark smile

IMPORTANT: Any views or opinions are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of a sane person.

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
ubblol

i saw dom. i even hugged him(outsie the stall, and in the circle)

soooo wish the muso meet and the spinning meet had been together on the last night. i was so up for a spin it wasn't true.

ubbcrying

R

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

LazyAngelGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,895 posts

Posted:
Ok I need to say some thank you's:

Bovril: Thanks for helping us find everyone when we arrived and for trying to teach me fishtails and that club spinning thing! hug hug

UCOF: for always being entertaining, cheeky and managing to poo in a disposable box: I only took a piss in a fabric conditioner bottle, which pales in comparison! wink hug

Wild Child: it was cool to get you a bit better after Fal3, especially as I can now remember your 'real' name! eek wink hug

Trippy Hippy: thanks for just being there, turning up with a random coat and even randomer stories, and your great effort on mill's birthday surprise! hug

Mill: Thanks for letting us steal your flags, always smiling and being a ray of sunshine no matter how bad the weather was! hug Hope you're enjoying the smiley glasses! smile

Dom: was cool to see you again all of two times! sure you had a great time. We missed the 'pendulum of death' or whatever it's called at the circus stage, but thanks for all your advice and smiles hug

MarkMark: was great to see you again after Clapham, even when you were trashed on that amazing cider! hug

MCP: great to meet finally you in the flesh! thanks for the inspiration, humour and heckling! hope to see you at Fal 4 hug I especially liked 'circles are for wimps! let's see some squares!' (which were very cool I might add!) smile

Ben: was nice to meet you, hope to see you at another meet soon? hug

Bluecat: Thank you for the superbitchy ridiculously pontificated (or whatever it was) tangling workshop which I thoroughly enjoyed! Your spinning is a continuing inspiration to me! hug Sorry about Sunday. Wish I'd known about the muso meet!

Gayle....! and Neil for being lovely as always and always being the first people we met at the stone circle! hug hug Look forward to seeing you again at Fal 4. P.S: Spin more! I want to see more! wink

Flashpoint: For being a friendly bloke: See you at Fal 4 hug

Garthy: for being a very nice bloke and for getting HoP on the BBC website! smile hug

Ok, I'm starting to lose track now, and I have to go to a BBQ, so let me end by saying Thank you to the Te Pooka stall for all their hospitality (putting up with me and Karen on Monday morning) and a great show. Someone give some hugs to Alex for me! I would also like to say that I really enjoyed the Chimaera fire show, particularly Tim on stilts and all the acro stuff! although somehow it got credited to Xfire (who were also great to watch and had fantastic audience participation!). Thanks to anyone else I haven't mentioned here for helping make those few days a proper escape from reality and thoroughly enjoyable!
grouphug grouphug And also thanks to all those that passed the green and let me use their toys! hug
On a personal note, before Glastonbury, I was getting totally stuck with my poi, facing a drought of moves. Since then I have learned more about spinning poi than I thought I ever would and have ceased to look som much for 'moves' as such, getting closer to what I aim for spinning to be. Don't know if any of that makes sense but I just want to say kiss hug heart smile to everyone cos I'm so happy about it!
peace

Because ActiveAngel sounds like a feminine deodorant

Like sex, I'm much more interesting in real life than online.

'Be the change you want to see in the world around you' - Ghandi

ArythSILVER Member
in a beautiful daze....
134 posts

Posted:
Hey was a quality weekend had to go down to London for work for the week afterwards so only just had a chance to read all this. The Levellers were most definatly the highlight although Kaabian done an awesome set.

Sorry i didn't really get to see any of you i tried but after the initial injury to Gemmas feet we just set up camp near near the bottom of pennards! just high enough to meet the flooding.

Those of you i did meet it was most definatly a pleasure and look forward to seeing you again. Elaine sorry didn't see more of you, millhouse and Ro but i kind of got caught up in the trying to do everything at once and barely had enough time to do anything!

Speak to you all later

Whatever happened to my green and pleasant land?

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
Next time I'm going to bring my own parrafin and go around the stone circle laying the smack down until there are no up themselves spinners left.

Or maybe Falmouth 4 will chill me out. Really hope I make it down there.

LazyA you was cool, what did you teach me with poi? Blatently I've forgotten... oh well...

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

LazyAngelGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,895 posts

Posted:
mcp: me.... teach....you......? eek erm not sure. I do remember talking to you about different types of antispin (antispin vs. antisolations).... maybe how to grunt like a female tennis player? wink Thanks for your pointers on btb weave, i got about 8 beats of it before tw*tting myself yesterday..
ubbidea
Oh wait was it the changing longarm weave fountain thing that I spoke to you about?

Because ActiveAngel sounds like a feminine deodorant

Like sex, I'm much more interesting in real life than online.

'Be the change you want to see in the world around you' - Ghandi

199 posts

Posted:
Written by: mcp

Next time I'm going to bring my own parrafin and go around the stone circle laying the smack down until there are no up themselves spinners left.

Yeah, that would have been fun. What we need is a camera so we can record the looks on peoples faces when they've been served. You also need a retinue of people to stand in the background as your "crew". Wearing tracksuits and gold chains shouting things like "oh, it on now!" and "hell yeah, you've been served mutha!"

rileyeBRONZE Member
17 posts

Posted:
hey,

I'm new to HoP but I was at glasto this year - been going for last 10 years when it's been on and I can get a ticket - love it!

Nice to see so many like minded folk.
Can anyone tell me about this Falmouth thing? I've seen it mentioned but have no idea what it is?

confused

Am a complete novice when it comes to poi but so keen

xx

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Have a looksie here: [Old link]

smile

199 posts

Posted:
*mutter mutter* lucky sods who can go to Falmouth and who aren't busy.... *mutter mutter*

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
Hey guys, Ro's got some wicked vid footage of Glastonbury - I'm sure it'll pop up on HoP at somestage when he get's it edited n stuff biggrin

'The last rays of crimson on the spindle tree as the cerise fruit splits and reveals its orange seeds in a gloriously clashing colour scheme no-one would ever dare to wear'
Euonymous Europeus

Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
can he send any out on disc or anything?

Gayle.....!

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
I too would like a full copy please if available ubbangel

Is there any footage of the sunday heckling? bounce

Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
i missed lots of the heckling so would love a copy of that!

Gayle.....!

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
You missed out on Heckling Gayle?? ... Pfffft thats so unlike you ubblol

hug

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
i got a few heckles but not nearly enough ubblol

Gayle.....!

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
there's lots of lots of things - I'll poke him to get it sorted and copied onto copious qty of discs and bring to Falmouth.

Shouldn't be too difficult to persuade him - I have weed, he doesn't ubblol

'The last rays of crimson on the spindle tree as the cerise fruit splits and reveals its orange seeds in a gloriously clashing colour scheme no-one would ever dare to wear'
Euonymous Europeus

199 posts

Posted:
wow, would like copy of heckling! It was inspired. The only thing better the way people responded and took spinning to new and exciting extremes smile

Page: ...