Forums > Social Discussion > Opinionated, Narky Strangers

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
Sakura_MoonHop's Kitten Jester.
1,803 posts

Posted:
Okay, so i'm taking a nice stroll in the city with Pineapple Pete and Renolution when some random guy comes up to my face and calls me a "Fat Pig" and walks off.
I didnt even know the guy, he might have known me, i'm not sure.
But if it had been anyone else i would ahve asked him what the f**k his problem was...but this guy was enormous, huge, a tank...so i thought better of it.
I am *really* lacking in condfidence about my body, even if i dont seem it. I question everything about myself.
What if he said this to an anorexic or bulimic?
He didnt know this...but he could be doing this to random people and not knowing what effect it might have on them.
I admit, i am on the bigger side...but he shouldnt just say that to me...i didnt do ANYTHING.

Anyone else have bad nasty stranger experiences?

.:Pink Exocutioner:.

I am Jack's Raging Bile Duct...

Loving you from the deepest part of my loins.

spritieSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,014 posts

Posted:
I really believe that jealousy and a lack of clear communication has a lot to do with the stupid comments people make at times.

Our brains can play funny tricks on us at times, and it is up to us to realize how we choose to deal with those little snippets that it sometimes wrongly conjures up.

I fully agree with Dom. Random compliments will do wonders, as will random smiles. I smile at several people each day on my 10 minute walk to work and it always gives me a little pick-me-up to see them smile back.

HavokistBRONZE Member

2,530 posts

Posted:
smiling at people sometimes works wonders. it's especially nice when you're walking down a busy street, and someone's gaze catches your eye, and as you walk past them (i've no idea why they always tend to be walking the opposite direction) you have eye contact and you're both smiling until you end up getting to the point that to still be doing it you'd both have to be walking backwards. i know it sounds a bit vague but if it's happened i'm sure you'll know what i'm talking about

We are the music makers, We are the dreamers of dreams,
Wandering by lone sea-breakers, And sitting by desolate streams;
World-losers and world-forsakers, On whom the pale moon gleams;
We are the movers and shakers of the world for ever, it seems.

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
Yep I like the random nice comments scenario. I have a bad habit of saying to people I know and care about things like " wow you're looking really tired' or 'had a stressful day have you' Which I have come to realise (through being told pretty forcefully one occasion!) is actually rude and makes people feel like they must look like s**t. So now I try to make random nice comments like "What a great dress" or "You look like a lovely person' whenever possible. Without creeping people out too much!!!

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
I have to laugh when one of my boys goes through a compliment stage. He walks along finding something good to say about everyone. Along with that corny finger roll and point that goes with it, least he doesnt wink and do that mouth noise as well.
But he especially loves telling people that he likes their shirts.

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:
umm, possibly the scariest thing thats ever happened to me-

when i was firetwirling last year i hadn't started burning yet but some random drug crazed women walked up and demanded i do fire, then started insulting me. she was getting seriously within five centimetres of my face and had a bottle in her hand, even though i had my staff inbetween us it was really freaky. luckily i sort of talked her down and a friend got her attention away from me, but talk about random! its had an effect on me, i'll remeber it forever!

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

JauntyJamesSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,533 posts

Posted:
.:looks through sakura's vampirefreaks account:. that man is incredably stupid. if he can't tell that you're extraordinarily beutiful, he must be a closeted gay. all we can see in your HoP gallery is your face peeking out of a pollar bear suit, which is very cute, but you've got some very pretty pictures on your vampirefreaks account. hug

-James

"How do you know if you're happy or sad without a mask? Or angry? Or ready for dessert?"

HavokistBRONZE Member

2,530 posts

Posted:
dude, very pretty is an understatement tongue wink

We are the music makers, We are the dreamers of dreams,
Wandering by lone sea-breakers, And sitting by desolate streams;
World-losers and world-forsakers, On whom the pale moon gleams;
We are the movers and shakers of the world for ever, it seems.

Page: