Forums > Social Discussion > Opinionated, Narky Strangers

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
Sakura_MoonHop's Kitten Jester.
1,803 posts

Posted:
Okay, so i'm taking a nice stroll in the city with Pineapple Pete and Renolution when some random guy comes up to my face and calls me a "Fat Pig" and walks off.
I didnt even know the guy, he might have known me, i'm not sure.
But if it had been anyone else i would ahve asked him what the f**k his problem was...but this guy was enormous, huge, a tank...so i thought better of it.
I am *really* lacking in condfidence about my body, even if i dont seem it. I question everything about myself.
What if he said this to an anorexic or bulimic?
He didnt know this...but he could be doing this to random people and not knowing what effect it might have on them.
I admit, i am on the bigger side...but he shouldnt just say that to me...i didnt do ANYTHING.

Anyone else have bad nasty stranger experiences?

.:Pink Exocutioner:.

I am Jack's Raging Bile Duct...

Loving you from the deepest part of my loins.

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
ouch sweetie!!! It sounds like the dude was a nutter!

Make sure that you DONT take it to heart... sometimes some people say horrible things to make themselves feel better... dont even listen to that crap..

I have had a man who was cross dressing like a woman trying to smash the window of the car I was in becasue my friend Rebecca was drunk and called him names... I was really scared because the dude was huge! Rebecca was definatly in the wrong and he had every right to go off... eek
any hoo hugs for you hug

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
Yep. I have had that. Blessed as I am with super-sonic hearing, however, I am more disturbed by the fact that I can generally hear things people say behind my back. Including the famed "how can she go out looking like that. If I looked like her..."

Simple. Its all [censored]. They don't know you, and you shouldn't care.

hug

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

_Aimée_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
honey, you have got some FANTASTIC legs wink hug

On the rare occasion that I get a comment or something along the lines of 'fat bitch' i turn around to them and say 'yeh i prefer it that way, theres more for men/you to hold on you' with a smirk on my face. Shuts 'em right up *nods*

You say he was built like a tank, maybe he forgot to say 'I'm' at the beginning of his comment wink

1,803 posts

Posted:
lmao i liek that "i'm" hehehehhe hug

FlameSILVER Member
addict
435 posts

Posted:
Chicky Valura is right sometimes jerks do it to feel better about themselves. Sad really that this is obviously a thing they do to make themselves feel better, atleast your secure enough in yourself that you dont need to go around being a jerk like that. And its sad that they dont feel bad about it instead it makes them feel good. Mate your not fat - not by a long shot but its up to you to believe that wink have a done a bit of work for anorexic and bulimic foundation and also had those issues when i was about your agehug hug hug

*In the car while Pink is playing on the radio*
Tristan aged 4 : "Mum is this Pink?"
Flame:"Yes mate this is Pink?"
Tristan:"Are you going to Pink?"
Flame:"Yes i am"
Tristan:"Cool well I'm going to BLUE" smile

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
Spritie started a thread a couple weeks ago about snarky women calling her anorexic..

-v-

Wiederstand ist Zwecklos!

HavokistBRONZE Member

2,530 posts

Posted:
hug
don't worry Sakura, the guy obviously didn't know how much of a great person you are and i know that you're not fat, and you're definitely not a pig, although possibly a polar bear at times...

so forget about him and his meaningless words, and as Flame said, he's not as secure as you are so his words should evoke nothing

We are the music makers, We are the dreamers of dreams,
Wandering by lone sea-breakers, And sitting by desolate streams;
World-losers and world-forsakers, On whom the pale moon gleams;
We are the movers and shakers of the world for ever, it seems.

onewheeldaveGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,252 posts

Posted:
Written by: Sakura_moon

Okay, so i'm taking a nice stroll in the city with Pineapple Pete and Renolution when some random guy comes up to my face and calls me a "Fat Pig" and walks off.
I didnt even know the guy, he might have known me, i'm not sure.
..............this guy was enormous, huge, a tank...

Guy sounds like an **shole with serious issues about his own body; also obviously a bully. Maybe he was jealous that you're way more at peace with your body than he is with his?

I wouldn't waste another thought on it if I was you, except perhaps a bit of sympathy for him as he's clearly not a happy person.

"You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it."

--MAJOR KORGO KORGAR,
"Last of The Lancers"
AFC 32

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

JauntyJamesSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,533 posts

Posted:
he was just trying to stir up trouble, provoke a reaction. the best thing you can do with people like them is to promptly inform them that you were just abducted by aliens, and which way to Mecca, please? this makes everybody's day a little more surreal, and that reaction will satisfy him all day, so he won't bother to many more people.

that, or you could always give him a black eye wink

hug please take comfort in the fact that you've always been one of my favourite HoPers hug

-James

"How do you know if you're happy or sad without a mask? Or angry? Or ready for dessert?"

TheWibblerGOLD Member
old hand
920 posts

Posted:
Tell me about it, seems to be something in the air this last couple weeks, think it was that damn full moon.

I've had 2 different people hurl random abuse at me in the street for no apparent reason and seen 2 separate fights in the street. People seem to be very angry at the moment. I've been in a fowl mood for sure.

Take no notice of him, he knows not what he does.

m

Spherculism ~:~ The Act of becoming Spherculish.

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
That happens every so often in New York.

The good news is that it's socially acceptable to reply.

I tend to honestly feel pity for folks like that. I mean, don't get me wrong, they're jerks.

My standard response is "How sad is your life that you need to insult a complete stranger? I feel bad for you."

It's non confrontational(ish) and gets the point across.

We had this guy ride by on his bike every so often and yell at us poi spinners 'Take that sh1t to Washington Square Park!!!"... I don't know what it meant but we dubbed him the "Take that sh1t to Washington Square Park Guy." Now we all clap and yell hello to him when he rides by and says it.

Anyone miserable enough to lash out at a complete stranger is pathetic. It's usually pretty easy to call them on THAT.

I usually just let it roll off because I'm good like that.

I really do pity them.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

BirgitBRONZE Member
had her carpal tunnel surgery already thanks v much
4,145 posts

Posted:
hehehe... my favourite random abuse came from a wannabe-gang of Turkish girls who were blocking our way when we went home from school one day (aaaaaaaages ago) and then didn't find anything better to call me than "blonde-arse". Not sure if the jealousy-explanation would apply to that one, too wink But hey, that's what people are like, and if they can't bully anyone at work or at home they just take it out on random strangers... I agree with the others and recommend making up a stupid line to answer them with though I can see how you might not want to say it to a huge and aggressive-looking guy wink

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

Owner of Dragosani's left half

_khan_SILVER Member
old hand
768 posts

Posted:
Sakura Moon, what a sucky thing to have to endure! You can't take that sort of thing personally though -- as you said, he was a stranger, so how personal could it have been? Definitely more about him than about you.

Once I was on a plane getting settled into my seat when this little girl (she must have been four or five) looked me in the face and said "you look stupid." I know what I would've said if she'd been an adult, but as she was just a child I thought I should refrain from using that kind of language. I always thought that children always saw/spoke the truth and spent the entire flight thinking gee, maybe I do look stupid.

taken out of context i must seem so strange
~ ani di franco

linden rathenGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,942 posts

Posted:
*decides to join the share fest on random abuse* ive had two that i remember clearly - one very recent was walking home with my gf and another friend and a group of chavs (lit annoying people) walked by and the only thing we heard was "spec savers" because i wear glasses - not quite as insulting i know but just how sad?

the other time some stupid girl at school decided to try and lock me in a store room that i had the key to - she then got very annoyed when i called her stupid for trying it and the fact that she couldn't come up with a good comeback (dont you just love kids and school :P)

back

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
Written by: sparkey

he was just trying to stir up trouble, provoke a reaction. hug

I think you're onto something there. The fact that you were accompanied by two guys may indicate that this particular tosser was after a fight, thinking your boys might step in or something... ? This had absolutely nothing to do with you, and everything to do with this narky stranger.

Anyway, I'm sorry you had to experience that. hug

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

1,803 posts

Posted:
Thats okay biggrin hug
i couldnt think of a comeback for him, i'm really bad at them..maybe in a way that makes me a good person? i cant think of a comeback lol.
Thanks all, lotsa hugs!

Psycho_lemmingSILVER Member
Running hippy spinning lemming
15 posts

Posted:
just wanted to add that something similar happened to me, it still bothers me now.... grrr.... stupid narky strangers...

hugs hug

Fear leads to anger; anger leads to hate; hate leads to suffering...

ElectricBlueGOLD Member
Now with extra strawberries
810 posts

Posted:
man i hate people who do things like that.
my friend michelle was telling me that one time she was at the mall with her sister (the time michelle was 3 and her sister was 15) and some woman came up to her sister and said "you idiot why did you throw your life away ect.ect.." she thought that michelle was her sisters kid. she was yelling in her face and every thing.

i think people like that must not have any control over there lives or some thing so they feel the need to make them selves feel big and important.

Hope your feeling better. I know that would have shaken me up.
blueberry

I {Heart} hand me downs and spinning in the snow.<br /><br />

Tao StarPooh-Bah
1,662 posts

Posted:
just turn it around. Make an extra special nice comment to someone you have never seen before. I promise you will make their day (or at least their hour) and you will feel all wooo! hug

TS. XxX

I had a dream that my friend had a
strong-bad pop up book,
it was the book of my dreams.

linden rathenGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,942 posts

Posted:
Tao - now thats a cool idea smile
*considers wandering into town and scaring random strangers with happy nice comments - evil laugh*

back

Tao StarPooh-Bah
1,662 posts

Posted:
lol!

evil laugh indeed....

*wanders off muttering & chuckilng to herself...*

strong-bad pop up book,

linden rathenGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,942 posts

Posted:
*grins* wouldnt the world be much nicer if we all did just say nice things to each other
ah well

back

Tao StarPooh-Bah
1,662 posts

Posted:
ok, i''l start, everyone who took part in this discussion has come across as thoughtful, caring and having a genuine interest in other people and how they feel. smile hug

strong-bad pop up book,

linden rathenGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,942 posts

Posted:
thank you tao on behalf of me - its so nice to be talked to and thought of as a human being - and thats got to be the best thing about HoP - 90% even when people disagree thye can still have a rational and uninsulting debate - ie the people here are great biggrin

back

BirgitBRONZE Member
had her carpal tunnel surgery already thanks v much
4,145 posts

Posted:
I can't help imagining the look on random people's faces in the street if I walked up to them and said something nice. I think it may get me more abuse than saying something nasty, just because they'd think I was up to something creepy! We should have an official say-nice-things-day to try it biggrin

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

Owner of Dragosani's left half

Tao StarPooh-Bah
1,662 posts

Posted:
you can slip it in to conversation.

the woman at the checkout said she liked my hair today, and that made me give her a big smile, it just makes the world go round, you know?

strong-bad pop up book,

1,803 posts

Posted:
I do that...some peopel look at me funny, others smile and give a compliemt back...never anyone random off the street tho...like above, a checkout lady or something

HavokistBRONZE Member

2,530 posts

Posted:
people that just suddenly take an opinion of someone really need to find something better to do with their lives.

[rant]

last night i phoned up one of my best friends cause i wasn't in too good a mood, and we sat talking for about an hour, then about two hours later i get a text off her boyfriend saying to stay the f*** away from her and that no one cares about me and a load of rubbish like that, despite him not having even met me and knowing next to nothing about the friendship that i've had with her for almost 3 years now.

it's all pointless and IMO people like that deserve to be shot to atleast get them out of a society that won't miss them

[/rant]

We are the music makers, We are the dreamers of dreams,
Wandering by lone sea-breakers, And sitting by desolate streams;
World-losers and world-forsakers, On whom the pale moon gleams;
We are the movers and shakers of the world for ever, it seems.

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Random compliments. What a great idea! I love having random exchanges with strangers, it's really positive. So throwing in more positive vibes is just going to make it better.
Or make they look at you odderer.

And the random insult guy - just think how crap this guy's life is. You wouldn't want to be him, so don't let him get to you. Although I know that's so, so much easier said than done.

smile

1,803 posts

Posted:
biggrin hug

I really wonder what goes on in their small minds when they do it....

Page: