Forums > Social Discussion > oh dear...a sad day for crowded house lovers

Login/Join to Participate

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
croweded house founder commits suicide...

this is so sad!! all my childhood memorys are of crowded house playing in the background, four seasons in one day, better be home soon, dont dream its over....

Its so sad!! frown Espically when they were starting to do a whole lot of come back tours in Aussie and NZ.... hug

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

JauntyJamesSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,533 posts

Posted:
that's no good! i'm not familiar with that band, but that doesn't matter. it always sucks when people die.

-James

"How do you know if you're happy or sad without a mask? Or angry? Or ready for dessert?"

SocksBRONZE Member
Arf! Can I have a biscut?
288 posts

Posted:
Take this at face value. But I'm seeing a trend in that, suicides in 80's band people. It's not like an immediate thing, but it's going on. I wonder if it's them thinking they can't "live up" to the memories of fans or what not.

Either way, it's saddening.

Socks

I'm weird. Just work through that and we'll all be fine.

"If you are a dog and your owner suggests that you wear a sweater suggest that he wear a tail." - Fran Lebowitz

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
This made me very deeply sad. It is a strange thing when someone famous passes. You cannot claim the personal connection of family and friends, and yet their words have had an influence without them even knowing.

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

pineapple peteSILVER Member
water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
there is no emoticon for this

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

*proud owner of the very cute fire_spinning_angel, birgit and neon shaolin*

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
It makes me sad. Until I read that he had two little girls. Then it makes me angry.

Like my sweet older coworker says "If you got kids, you're not allowed to kill yourself. That's it, you're not allowed."

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Escape is on your mind again
Escape to a far away land
At times it seems there is no end

-"How will you go"

Hey now, hey now
Don't dream it's over
Hey now, hey now
When the world comes in
They come, they come
To build a wall between us
Don't ever let them win

-"Don't Dream It's Over"

Sad but I agree with your co-worker NYC. I've known a few suicides now, and the ones with children have no excuse.
It's too bad.

I will say that while this band hit it's prime only 10 years ago (Don't Dream was in 95 or 96), they had that whole skyrocket thing happen to them, with a hard fall. Many don't recover from that, and some don't move on either. It must be terribly hard, to be sure.

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
Written by: NYC

It makes me sad. Until I read that he had two little girls. Then it makes me angry.

Like my sweet older coworker says "If you got kids, you're not allowed to kill yourself. That's it, you're not allowed."

so fuckin true! hug

the memories tho! will miss their music. smile

~Leah~GOLD Member
addict
584 posts

Posted:
why is it all the really talented people go first? They don't seem to understand what they meant to people. Everyone has a story to tell............

Never hold your farts in! They travel up your spine, go into your brain and that's where shitty idea's come from.