Page:
_Aimée_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
So as Laurel so gracefully wrote in her email to me, we've finally pulled our fingers out of our arses and got the meets up and running again.

Same place as last year, in Alexandra park, which those of you who have been there before - will agree its a very pretty place to be.

There is a café, public toilets open until 6.30 and and boating lake.

Unfortunatly Hastings and Rother park rangers tell us we can't spin fire in the park, so when the time comes we walk the 3/4 of a mile to the beach. Usually pit stopping at the Pig in Paradise pub which has reasonably priced good food. And like...beer on tap and everything biggrin

On the 21st of May we shall meet from 2 onwards on the large bit of grass inside the main entrance. You can't miss it. Theres a large white war memorial to the left of the field and a boating lake just yonder.

It's actually impossible to find a map of Hastings which includes the station, and the park. When Laurel has told me directions I'll stick them on here.

I don't remember road names. I don't need too. My feet work out the exact angle of the hill I'm walking up/down and I can tell exactly where I am....in relation to the hills.

Hastings is hilly.

Anyway, it's a really easy route from station to the park, and I'll get directions up on here soon smile

About the park

Hastings taxi's

Please note. Hastings isn't always the prettiest place. People can be rude, and hurty with knifes and things (really making you guys wanna come here ey? wink )

We don't live in a ghetto, but this place dosn't exactly have the friendliest chavs/immigrants/drunks wink

If you are comming alone, please alert a Hastinger. My mobile number is available by request and I am more than willing to come meet you should you arrive by train. Especially if you are arriving when its dark.

As per usual all skill levels, ages, races welcome.

Hope to see some familier faces on May 21st! biggrin

(notage: If people wish to come on the saturday from afar, I'm sure I can rustle up some floor space at my dads house..or even mums if shes feeling special as its closer biggrin Give me a buzz and I'll see what I can do. Also notage: I'm not sure how many spinners will be around on the saturday. I will be after work, but I can do some rustling of the hastingers and once again, I'll see what I can do smile )

hug

Miss Aimz xx

(here are the dates for the next few months)

May 21st

June 4th

June 18th

July 2nd

July 16th

August 6th

August 20th

September 3rd *September dates onwards subject to change*

September 17th

EDITED_BY: Aimée (1147110587)

_Aimée_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
alot more than alright cool

JhingeBRONZE Member
110 posts

Posted:
na thats cool i fully under stand the whole sunstroke thing i am
ginger after all

i dont get paid to belive i get paid to destroy things

_Aimée_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
hug

sunday sunday sunday bounce bounce
squarexedge learned hipreels on wednesday! 'aimée i totally understand where you get your funk from now - its all in the hipreels' *giggle*

_Aimée_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
*rawr rawr rawr*

I post in this thread waaay to often. I think Hastings spinners are allergic to the internet, that or they all spend there time here. I do have friends....honest

This is not a good thing.

Sunday will be fun. You have to come. I am bringing Twister, and foreplay dice. And a purple cake too..

My stilts may also be finished for Sunday. This is a very good thing.

Be there, or be a quadralateral.
EDITED_BY: *Aimée* (1116009332)

_Aimée_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
"Im taking this apricot sponge roll for the journey"

Domino - MDEnewbie
3 posts

Posted:
"has kieron killed himself yet"

-- Not waving but drowning --

_Aimée_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
*sigh* will there ever be a hastings meet where theres more than 2 dozon people there... frown:(

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
I will come to one... eventually.... in the summer biggrin

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

_Aimée_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
STUPID STUPID STUPID!!!
grr arr grr
The park ranger came down yesterday to tell us we couldn't do fire anymore. joy

Hastings meets suspended until further notice frown frown frown

Colin Jsmall member
116 posts

Posted:
Hey Hastings crowd, do I know you guys? I think I know Shaun, if thats you ginger. LCM kru! Its Colin the only contact juggler in Hastings.

Forget Ali park, theres lots of alternatives, lady's parlour, rock a nore beach, or even the aptly named fire hills (which you not allowed to light fires on :S ) all have better views than Ali park.

I'll be up for a burn during those summer evenings get in touch when you reorganise the meet.

PS; LCM is back in july at Hastings Pier.

JhingeBRONZE Member
110 posts

Posted:
aye tis ginge heard about sunday n the rangers nice to see council employe's ruining fun .......... i like the idea of the west hill behind the castle where the stalls were for jack in the green its out the way shelterd from the wind and has a great view and a wicked sunset what more could you need also i think its common land so the council cant moan cause its land ownd by the public not the local authorites..............
good to see lcm up n running but it aint gunna be the same as the marina you no what i mean colin n e chance of spot spinning there? weavesmiley ubbloco cool

viva la burn biggrin
smile its free

squarexbearSILVER Member
....of doom!
585 posts

Posted:
i really dont understand the council..

they want us to do nice things and not mug people...and then complain when we do what they want. lol.

they're making a big fuss about PLI, so we really need to find somewhere where that is less of/not an issue (mike, buy me a field!)...if we cant do that then not only is it going to get expensive but its going to discourage new kids. and we want new kids. because new kids are fun.

Written by: *Aimée*

*sigh* will there ever be a hastings meet where theres more than 2 dozon people there... frown:(

we've had two dozen?
EDITED_BY: squarexedge (1116932300)

_Aimée_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
*giggle* once...

squarexbearSILVER Member
....of doom!
585 posts

Posted:
really? mental.

Colin Jsmall member
116 posts

Posted:
I know what ya mean, Marina = Best LCM. I'm suposed to be juggling there again(yay free entry). =). Shaun, spinning is probably cool, fire though, not cool. Being that the pier is made of wood.
Black Horse this weekend, going to be there with HCC. More juggling antics....

C'mon u 'astings kru, don't let the MAN get you down. At the castle then?

_Aimée_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
ooo aaah we need a decision. i think castle is best bet? if not then a temporary base we have wotsits garden thing.
I will speak to Laurel and Gemma today and come to a decision.

No matter wear we spin on sunday i am going to be a very very happy girly smile I need to let off some steam. running around the ruins of the castle sounds fun smile

squarexbearSILVER Member
....of doom!
585 posts

Posted:
saw ginge yesterday, we were thinking the land below castle rocks (the cliff next to the castle)...pretty sure its public land + its sand and rock - fairly hard for us to damage. nice view. all that caboodle. i think this is the best suggestion so far plus it'll be brilliant for photos.

JhingeBRONZE Member
110 posts

Posted:
colin come and play on sunday....... they have tryed to have fire spinners on the pier at qotp but had to stop cause people gettin coverd in fuel as well as the walls 1 mistake and whoops no pier lolsign

why do you see one legged pigeons but you never see pigeons feet layin about on the groiund

agni4lisvaSILVER Member
1 post

Posted:
Hello there everyone,

Poiboy here. (I seem to remember being called a "random person" the last time I found you in the park. biggrin )

Colin & Sean nice to run into you guys again. Hows tricks?

Sorry to hear that you have had problems with the park rangers. I can remember when we were spinning there during the day couple of years back and one of them came and gave us a grilling. He was a not a happy bunny. neither was I, but guess we have to work with their rules and petty dictats... eek

Anyways enough of my witterings; are you still meeting up tomorrow near the castle? It would be nice to meet up with you all for some fire & electro glow if you are about in the early evening & after dark? weavesmiley

Peace and mettta

John

And yes Chambre Magique at the Marina was always a special night. Good venue, amazing location and far enough away from the council prying eyes to allow us to have some fun. ubbrollsmile

I met some truly amazing people there and I will never forget the naked dancers dancing behind the projections screen smile

_Aimée_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
random person!!! hellooo wave

we are meeting at the castle cliffs apparently..from 1pm
i have no idea how to get there ubblol but a trusty dad and volvo shall prove hero's in getting me there.
hopefully see you later on!

Aimée
xx

_Aimée_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
i did know where i was going, i was being dim smile

yesterday was less of a spinny event, more a pub crawl. which was fun in its own right.

alas....next week next week *sigh* ubblol

JhingeBRONZE Member
110 posts

Posted:
ahh yes lcm was truly a great time in hastings and there been aint many...................and i agree the naked dances were cool

john will always be greatfull for 2 you for giving me my first fire spin have'nt looked back since love d the drummin mayday at butlers gap was great to spinn too are you about over the summer

smile its free ..............
if we didnt make mistakes in life then life would be less interesting

Colin Jsmall member
116 posts

Posted:
Sunday was not so cool for me. I'll be hanging around this Sunday (5th june) though. If thats any good.

_Aimée_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
not so sure about this sunday...as to where were gonna be or what.
give me an email: fluffyrainbows@hotmail.com if your interested in meeting up.
As prolly the hastings meet will consist of me...and anyone else who fancies turning up.
I have some pretty new flags that i want to spin properly smile

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
I was in hastings today, although today was a Thursday not a Sunday, and i saw no spinners...

Bit pointless me posting this isn't it? ubbangel

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

_Aimée_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
yes tongue ubblol

squarexbearSILVER Member
....of doom!
585 posts

Posted:
huff...hope the weather turns otherwise you'll look like a particularly bedraggled fairy aimz. by the castle again?

_Aimée_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
Yush castle castle. Time, time m'love? One? Two?
Is it just gonna be us 4 again? If so I will not be amused...

Colin Jsmall member
116 posts

Posted:
I'll try to find you guys tomarrow 'bout 4ish at castle?. So thats one more. Hope weather is good though. I've been poorly and it wouldn't do to have sucky clouds and rain.

_Aimée_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
I'm gonna be at the cliffs from 4 tomorrow. Hope to see you then smile

Page: